Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

this seems problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ouch

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/859278782204698625

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this seems problematic

Shut your dick garage

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
phallus gazeebo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

the american democrat party, or 'the traditional left' as it is also known

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

exmarx posted:

the american democrat party, or 'the traditional left' as it is also known

at least they admit that dem's brand of "leftism" is corporate friendly :chloe:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Bring back turn of the century bomb chucking anarchists imo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

MikeCrotch posted:

Bring back turn of the century bomb chucking anarchists imo

pepsi chucking is p funny tho

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Condiv posted:

pepsi chucking is p funny tho

http://i.imgur.com/lgfcJRA.gifv

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
LOL

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

:laugh:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Local Episcopal church is having a quick event where if you show up you and your sports equipment can receive a blessing. Seems like something out of the Iliad to me.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 12:28 on May 2, 2017

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

pangstrom posted:

Local Epsiscopal church is having a quick event where if you show up you and your sports equipment can receive a blessing. Seems like something out of the Iliad to me.

That seems insulting to the Iliad

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Have any birds gotten one of those recently?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

honest to god, if i didnt know this is australia i couldve guessed latvia as well

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNefvCy70vA

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
does latvia have eucalypt forests

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pirate Radar posted:

Have any birds gotten one of those recently?
the eagles around here will straight up kill and carry off a medium-sized newborn lamb

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Avshalom posted:

does latvia have eucalypt forests
no, but that picture + my expert knowledge of whopping *bends fingers* 9 different kinds of trees did leave eucalyptus out of the picture

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i mean, technically you could find an eucalyptus forest in latvia, but you would need really good kidneys for that

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Pirate Radar posted:

That seems insulting to the Iliad
Thereafter beginning from the left he poured drinks for the other
gods, dipping up from the mixing bowl the sweet nectar.
But among the blessed immortals uncontrollable laughter
went up as they saw Achilles bless his golf clubs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTezDaSliu3/ ahaahahahhahahahhaah

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I'm gonna make a $400 machine that does this

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I'm developing an uploader app for my coworkers using javafx, and they need to be able to select files and directories (for single file, multifile upload. Turns out javafx doesn't support this use case cause gtk(ugh) doesn't, and windows xp doesn't with its native windowing toolkit. That means I get to have an "upload file" and an "upload directory" button in my app.

:ughh:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I love hack and slash games so I'll prolly get this

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Condiv posted:

I'm developing an uploader app for my coworkers using javafx, and they need to be able to select files and directories (for single file, multifile upload. Turns out javafx doesn't support this use case cause gtk(ugh) doesn't, and windows xp doesn't with its native windowing toolkit. That means I get to have an "upload file" and an "upload directory" button in my app.

:ughh:
that's not uncommon though i'm surprised that javafx doesn't support this out of the box. but yeah

wontfix posted:

Lubomir Nerad added a comment - Jun, 19 2012 06:59 AM JavaFX uses the corresponding native dialogs for its file and directory chooser. Unless the native file dialogs on all supported platforms can provide this feature, we won't be able to add it to the API.

Lubomir Nerad added a comment - Jul, 24 2012 06:54 AM The requested functionality is not provided by the platform dialogs on Window XP and Linux/GTK.
gnu/microsoft my rear end. at least they have deprecated windows xp with java 8 so hypothetically we could this unfucked if the greybeard collegiate of linux does their job responsibly.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 2, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Condiv posted:

I love hack and slash games so I'll prolly get this
can't say i outright love them but probably same, i havent played many of those recently. like, there's dmc remake, and then absolute void in memory

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

cinci zoo sniper posted:

can't say i outright love them but probably same, i havent played many of those recently. like, there's dmc remake, and then absolute void in memory

If you haven't played nier: automata yet I'd suggest it, it's a lot of fun. I'm trying to play through again on hard and keep dying on the tutorial stage

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Condiv posted:

If you haven't played nier: automata yet I'd suggest it, it's a lot of fun. I'm trying to play through again on hard and keep dying on the tutorial stage
it's on my backlog. i'm on a fairly subpar computer at the moment, and not exactly in excess of anything, so i've been considerate with big game purchases. probably won't get to buy much until the autumn season - not that im in dire need of it. mass effect should entertain me for a good few week more, and then both morrowind and stormblood will be arriving, and i'll easily be looking at some 200 hours of gameplay in each, i think

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
"Rallying Cry" 3 letters _ _ H

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also maybe by that point neir goty edition or something will not be too far off. would also be nice to have developers fix game instead of using bunch of community-written .dlls for sensible experience

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

rah

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pirate Radar posted:

Meh.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

cinci zoo sniper posted:

also maybe by that point neir goty edition or something will not be too far off. would also be nice to have developers fix game instead of using bunch of community-written .dlls for sensible experience

I didn't realize the pc version has issues. Yeah sounds like a good idea, especially since they might bundle DLC with the goty version

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Apparently this is correct but that means I honestly don't know what one of the crossclues even is.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Condiv posted:

I didn't realize the pc version has issues. Yeah sounds like a good idea, especially since they might bundle DLC with the goty version
pc version was very rough. cutscenes looked like arse, ran like arse, resolution settings were not working (heck, sometimes game would refuse external monitors and dedicated gpus), global lighting was hardcoded on an extreme setting, fullscreen resolution would randomly upscale to some unknown post-1440p resolutions, etc, etc

playable was very apt descriptor for vanilla automata pc release

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

Apparently this is correct but that means I honestly don't know what one of the crossclues even is.
post it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

pc version was very rough. cutscenes looked like arse, ran like arse, resolution settings were not working (heck, sometimes game would refuse external monitors and dedicated gpus), global lighting was hardcoded on an extreme setting, fullscreen resolution would randomly upscale to some unknown post-1440p resolutions, etc, etc

playable was very apt descriptor for vanilla automata pc release

like ffs, they were sleeping render threads

• Locked thread