Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Sid Vicious posted:

I saw like 9 fortnite nerf guns at the EB last time I went there and that poo poo needs to go to the toy store

Maybe video game stores are actually toy stores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

no...it can't be

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I buy my games digitally and on impulse like an adult

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

videogames aren't for children. they're bad for children. they're good for grown men though

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

People like to dunk on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for being wonky from time to time, and rightly so, they were very wonky. But were there any better console shooters at the time? All I remember is Syphon Filter and that game was even wonkier.

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020

Sid Vicious posted:

lol that would be super fun usually we play what he calls Mario party real life where he says I'm bowser and he's Mario and he punches me on the trampoline until I am bruised

What the gently caress hahahaha

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

PinheadSlim posted:

People like to dunk on Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for being wonky from time to time, and rightly so, they were very wonky. But were there any better console shooters at the time? All I remember is Syphon Filter and that game was even wonkier.

doom 64

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sid Vicious posted:

I saw like 9 fortnite nerf guns at the EB last time I went there and that poo poo needs to go to the toy store

I think part of what keeps them in that niche is toy stores won't stock video game merch when they can just stack another shelf of Lego, Hot Wheels and My Little Pony. The toy market is apparently a ridiculous mess.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If Gamestop is anything to go by video game chains are running on fumes and don't have more than a couple of years at best before extinction

I am sure dying malls will keep those weird stores full of $1 original Gameboy games and run by a 70-year old man though

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ghosty posted:

What the gently caress hahahaha

Did you really register yesterday and if so please tell me you didn't pay for your account through the forums store frontend

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

christmas boots posted:

Really makes you wonder what the Old Donkers looked like

Fear the Old Donkers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sid Vicious posted:

Did you really register yesterday and if so please tell me you didn't pay for your account through the forums store frontend

Must be a lowtax alt

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

site posted:

Must be a lowtax alt

:lol: I thought the exact same thing when I read that then laughed it off but now that someone else said it....:tinfoil:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

everyone loves it now

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Goon at a sleepover in 1998:

SCOFF you want me to play multiplayer Goldeneye? Me? A fine purveyor of the Quake series? You must be in jest. I shall involve myself in your cheetos, though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

TheScott2K posted:

everyone loves it now

Wasn't the original so dark you couldn't see poo poo?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

FoolyCharged posted:

eat a carrot bud

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

That's definitely all I remember.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

FoolyCharged posted:

Yes. So dark it begs the question "why did they put it out like this"

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Caesar Saladin posted:

Goon at a sleepover in 1998:

SCOFF you want me to play multiplayer Goldeneye? Me? A fine purveyor of the Quake series? You must be in jest. I shall involve myself in your cheetos, though.

You jest, but that basically happened word-for-word to me back then. Really.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

FoolyCharged posted:

It had a brightness slider just like the newly released ports do.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I appreciate that you thought someone might not have believed it.

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020

Sid Vicious posted:

Idk a friend gave me a code a long time ago and I only just got bored enough to use it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dauntless is a better game than Monster Hunter despite being uglier and having massively less content

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020

Barudak posted:

Dauntless is a better game than Monster Hunter despite being uglier and having massively less content

I never played any of the Monster Hunter games but I don’t like googling things because there’s always spoilers. Which one would be the best to try out? Preferably an emulatable one.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Barudak posted:

Dauntless totally sucks so you're gonna have to expand your line of thought there

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

NonzeroCircle posted:

I never use mounts in games that have them unless I'm forced to.

i love the mech suits you can pilot in Megaman X. are those mounts?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

Dauntless totally sucks so you're gonna have to expand your line of thought there

Monster Hunter World is full of all sorts of weird grinding cruft and odd QoL decisions that get between me and hunting some monsters while Dauntless doesn't. Thats pretty much it. Monster Hunter has more weapons, smoother animations, more monsters, more varied environments, better art, etc. but if I want to go hunt some monsters, use different weapons, and level gear Dauntless is so much easier to just be doing that.

This came up because I am approaching the final achievement in Dauntless and thought, oh hey I still have Mob Hun World, that should be more content. I did one hunt and went "oh yeah, this is why I quit"

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ghosty posted:

I never played any of the Monster Hunter games but I don’t like googling things because there’s always spoilers. Which one would be the best to try out? Preferably an emulatable one.

Monster Hunter World is good enough to start on, and it runs okay on PC out of the box.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dauntless is F2P all systems, Mon Hun runs well but costs money on all systems but is also available on gamepass if you have that

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate goes on sale for the Switch like every other week. i don't know if its a good one compared to other monster hunting games as its the only one i have tried

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Monster Hunter World is such a tremendous leap in playability, and with the iceborne expansion chock full of monsters, that it feels wrong to recommend any other version in my opinion.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Rutibex posted:

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate goes on sale for the Switch like every other week. i don't know if its a good one compared to other monster hunting games as its the only one i have tried

It feels old. Jumbled as hell inventory, clunky controls. It's also really hard.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Ghosty posted:

the only one that is even a little bit good is Monster Hunter:World. As has been mentioned Generations goes on sale on the switch all the time but it’s a port of a 3DS game, if you would instead prefer a bad port of a psp game Monster Hunter Freedom Unite has an iOS port that is slightly less terrible than it sounds

personally I dig god eater 3 for my hit-big-things-until-they-die fix these days

Rutibex posted:

i love the mech suits you can pilot in Megaman X. are those mounts?

no, those are Ride Armors, everyone knows that but you and your ignorance is shameful

smdh

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Shibawanko posted:

murakami doesn't have enough... intellectual rigor

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

StabMasterArson posted:

The only remaining game shop chain in the UK is literally called GAME and yeah, 90% weird star wars toys and funko pops and 10% WAY overpriced games. I have no idea how they're still in business

There's one near me that turned half its shop into a fortnite arcade

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

wish i was that dude in one of murakamis books whose job is getting wanked off by rando ladies

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I remember there being a guy in a murakami book who gets a back massage and then poops perfectly for the rest of his life and that seems pretty good all around.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

im really digging operencia so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Barudak posted:

Monster Hunter World is full of all sorts of weird grinding cruft and odd QoL decisions that get between me and hunting some monsters while Dauntless doesn't. Thats pretty much it. Monster Hunter has more weapons, smoother animations, more monsters, more varied environments, better art, etc. but if I want to go hunt some monsters, use different weapons, and level gear Dauntless is so much easier to just be doing that.

i remember grinding for drops in dauntless only to find that the required part-break was bugged and had been for the past six months.

that's... well it didn't inspire confidence. we stopped playing it shortly after

appropriatemetaphor posted:

wish i was that dude in one of murakamis books whose job is getting wanked off by rando ladies

:actually: i would rather be the redhead hipster neckbeard from that game inspired by murakami harukis books whose job is to lay sick burns on a girl whose brother just killed himself

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 15, 2020