Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farnk
Apr 7, 2003
I'm looking for a picture of a girl thats wearing glasses, and on the picture it says something like "I'm a nerd", and below that on the picture it says something along the lines of "CALM DOWN, YOU'RE JUST SOME DUMB BITCH WHO FOUND SOME GLASSES". I've looked and searched that but I can't actually find it anywhere, also I thought I had it but apparently I don't. I need it because this chick I know is doing the same thing. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Farnk posted:

I'm looking for a picture of a girl thats wearing glasses, and on the picture it says something like "I'm a nerd", and below that on the picture it says something along the lines of "CALM DOWN, YOU'RE JUST SOME DUMB BITCH WHO FOUND SOME GLASSES". I've looked and searched that but I can't actually find it anywhere, also I thought I had it but apparently I don't. I need it because this chick I know is doing the same thing. Thanks.

Oh no!! The girl is a fake nerd whatever will we do? How can this injustice stand when true nerds like you and I are unrecognized for our amazing nerdery!!?

M3wThr33 posted:

There was a site that had videos of people posing for a camera. But instead of taking the picture, they just started recording video and proceed to stall and delay. The posing people would slowly try to hold the pose and get really uncomfortable.

I couldn't ever find it again. Anybody know if it's still around?

It might be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJOCFszCbk

Farnk
Apr 7, 2003

Carthag posted:

Oh no!! The girl is a fake nerd whatever will we do? How can this injustice stand when true nerds like you and I are unrecognized for our amazing nerdery!!?

Hey man, I don't wear glasses.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Carthag posted:

gently caress off, white knight.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

The other is Santasm.net

cats blood
May 11, 2011

Farnk posted:

Is it this one?
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=n...52F%3B353%3B480

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

From that link, I'm guessing:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/450/444/b38.jpg

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time
What's really "funny" about that picture is that it's probably just some random girl who wears glasses but doesn't think of herself as a nerd, but she still gets called a whore just for having the gall to wear glasses.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

Carthag posted:

It might be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHJOCFszCbk

Close, but it was a site, like a tumblr.

Project1 posted:

What's really "funny" about that picture is that it's probably just some random girl who wears glasses but doesn't think of herself as a nerd, but she still gets called a whore just for having the gall to wear glasses.

You can see in that shot she doesn't even has lenses. It's just a frame. My ex did that once. Once.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Sheep posted:

Anyone have a link to that D&D thread a year or so ago that explained why oil prices were so high, and why it was all bullshit?

A Petey thread that I think started in GBS but my link shows it currently existing in D&D: Why Is Gas So loving Expensive ?!? The Answer May Surprise You. [effort]

Project1
Dec 30, 2003

it's time

M3wThr33 posted:

You can see in that shot she doesn't even has lenses. It's just a frame. My ex did that once. Once.

You're right. Well, she might be a hipster, or maybe she's pretending to be a nerd, and either way she looks pretentious and annoying. I guess I'm a white knight for thinking she shouldn't immediately be labelled a whore just for wearing fake glasses in one single photo.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

Project1 posted:

You're right. Well, she might be a hipster, or maybe she's pretending to be a nerd, and either way she looks pretentious and annoying. I guess I'm a white knight for thinking she shouldn't immediately be labelled a whore just for wearing fake glasses in one single photo.

Yeah, 'whore' is a bit of a stretch to jump to.

David Pratt
Apr 21, 2001
I've tried unsucessfully many times to find an old Space Moose comic that has the line "I love feces" in it. Anyone know where it is?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

David Pratt posted:

I've tried unsucessfully many times to find an old Space Moose comic that has the line "I love feces" in it. Anyone know where it is?

Here you go. I've linked the first to a thumbnail because I really have no idea how puritanical we are these days when it comes to crudely-drawn cartoon cock:

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Pre-internet junk, but I am trying really hard to find a Youtube of a TV ad from the 80s, maybe early 90s. I think it was for Crispy Crunch, but I could be wrong -- some kind of chocolate bar at least. It had a crimped-haired schoolgirl in uniform, and the music was (probably, but maybe a cover of) Van Halen's version of "You Really Got Me". If there's a better thread to ask in, thanks in advance.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

FeloniousDrunk posted:

Pre-internet junk, but I am trying really hard to find a Youtube of a TV ad from the 80s, maybe early 90s. I think it was for Crispy Crunch, but I could be wrong -- some kind of chocolate bar at least. It had a crimped-haired schoolgirl in uniform, and the music was (probably, but maybe a cover of) Van Halen's version of "You Really Got Me". If there's a better thread to ask in, thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PTbYVefKXc

E: This isn't it. Sorry

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

Thanks for trying -- more information, I am almost certain she was playing the violin. I cannot believe there is no Youtube of this, it was pretty drat hot (in my memory anyway, hotness may be different these days).

Edit: my friend on FB found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkwLUA-00eA

Tad Naff fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 9, 2013

ClownMaggot
Feb 6, 2004
Kneel to the carebears!
I can't seem to re-find a video from the earlier days of SA, I can't remember who it was by but it was a wonderful tribute to internet videos before youtube was a household name. The worst garbage videos you'd find cross-cut with a horrible band practice, a guy being buried wrapped in plastic while a cheery jewish guy is singing shalom, peace be with you, I watched it so many times but lost it in a disk crash. I need it, please. I think it was called "tribute to internet videos".

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.
I once enjoyed a video on YouTube, that was a compilation of Doctor Who scenes (both classic and current series) of Daleks exterminating people. It was overlayed with a deathmetal soundtrack (can't remember the band sadly) and worked really well. I think it was put out in 2008 or '09.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

Thank you. I don't know why I could have sworn it was toby.

JohnnyRnR
May 16, 2004
Beer Ninja
An image posted here in a thread about MLM scams (amway, quixtar, etc). It was of a smug fat guy in a shirt that said something like "AMWAY - WHAT YOUR MOM WISHES YOUR DAD WAS INTO" or something equally idiotic.

Can't seem to google it up.

raz_
Jul 2, 2004

Thank god she's just a figment of my imagination.
Looking for the GIF file of a girl riding a guy's cock during some kind of sexy party, everyone's dancing around and having a Good Time(tm). I don't know what the gently caress is going on, but it's an amazing GIF.

Eternal gratitude awaits you.

Edit: found it! NSFW.

raz_ fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 18, 2013

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009
A few years ago I found a website for this really interesting puzzle. It looked like a metal cylinder and you had to turn the two pieces to try and open it, but you couldn't see the maze inside, so you had to do it blindly. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: Found it, Revomaze.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
There was a flash game from about a year ago where you had to solve mathematical logic puzzles to escape a white room. There was a typewriter in it I think. Does anyone remember it?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Once upon a time when I was but a wee nerd with dial-up, I got all my violent video games from AOL Games. In the mid-to-late 1990s the AOL browser had an incredible shareware section with demos for Heretic, Strife, Rise of the Triad, et cetera. However they also had some cool RPGs and stuff that I've never been able to remember what it was called. Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the games they hosted there, so I can track them down from GOG or something?

Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

Pseudo.com used to have this show, it was really stupid but entertaining with this chick from NYC called HIL (Hillary) hosting it.

The archive links are up on pseudo.com, but they don't work. I even tried contacting the pseudo staff about this, but the site took a poo poo after weliveinpublic caused all the internet to poo poo itself.

http://pseudo.com/search.php?q=bread+and+butter&image.x=-1055&image.y=-181&image=search

So, this seems like the right thread to see if anyone knows if there is an archive of this poo poo.

DangerDuck
Apr 29, 2006
¡Tango un gato muy grande en mis pantalones!
I posted a GBS Photoshop thread called "Stupid girl wanted me to fix her face." Image shack pooped the bed at page 7 and all was lost. One picture cropped up about a year or two later on "faces of anime", but that's not where it was born. Anyone have any of these?

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

DangerDuck posted:

I posted a GBS Photoshop thread called "Stupid girl wanted me to fix her face." Image shack pooped the bed at page 7 and all was lost. One picture cropped up about a year or two later on "faces of anime", but that's not where it was born. Anyone have any of these?

I can't help, but that thread was loving hilarious. Thank you for it!

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Ahh yes, one of my favorite pictures EVER from the forum came from that thread:

DangerDuck
Apr 29, 2006
¡Tango un gato muy grande en mis pantalones!

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

Ahh yes, one of my favorite pictures EVER from the forum came from that thread:

I never really knew what to make of that. Except that it's pure amazing.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm looking for a story by a goon, about SA. I think it's a pretty old one. It was based on the Lord of the Rings and laid out the forums in the Tolkein cosmology. Lowtax was Iluvatar, the admins were Valar, the early posters were the dwarves, etc. I think it had illustrational jpegs, but the main thing was all text.

shadysight
Mar 31, 2007

Only slightly crazy
I've been hunting for awhile this article, I think from the site Sweat Fancy Moses, called "Kill Self With Nail Gun" or something like that, where it starts with a basic description of someone who cut off their hand with a saw, and then decided to kill themselves with a nail gun. It then goes on to speculate what went through his head to inspire that: "Oh my god, my hand! Wait, suddenly I know what the sound of one hand clapping is! I don't know how to live with that knowledge!" *Kill Self With Nail Gun*

It's better written than than that vague recollection (I hope)

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
I remember several years ago when Melee Beats released a bunch of his albums on here for free download. I have all but one of them, his first album Bel Esteem. Had it on an old mp3 player that died and can not find it on any of my old back up cds and trying to find it through google just links to reviews or shady websites they try to make you download a exe file. If anyone can point me to the right direction would be great.

I figured this wouldnt be a :filez: request because the artist released them on the site before and also the way it looks you can buy it anywhere!

That leads me to another question. Has there ever been like a website that collects all the free albums that goons released onto the forums over the years?

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.

BooDoug187 posted:

I remember several years ago when Melee Beats released a bunch of his albums on here for free download. I have all but one of them, his first album Bel Esteem. Had it on an old mp3 player that died and can not find it on any of my old back up cds and trying to find it through google just links to reviews or shady websites they try to make you download a exe file. If anyone can point me to the right direction would be great.

I figured this wouldnt be a :filez: request because the artist released them on the site before and also the way it looks you can buy it anywhere!

That leads me to another question. Has there ever been like a website that collects all the free albums that goons released onto the forums over the years?

Why don't you just PM him?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

BooDoug187 posted:

Oh poo poo, sorry man. You PM'd me about this and I totally forgot to get back to you. I've been doing long hours this week and it slipped my mind.

Yeah I've got the album, I'll try and find somewhere to host it.

I've also got All The Little Things (The Remixes), Entracte Singles, Star and Triumph.

Edit: http://rapidgator.net/file/b563aafd242efc53caae44d8c0cc20c5/Bel_Esteem.zip.html

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 25, 2013

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

DangerDuck posted:

Heh, I actually saved a couple from that thread way back when. Here's the five I found.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Tears In A Vial posted:

Oh poo poo, sorry man. You PM'd me about this and I totally forgot to get back to you. I've been doing long hours this week and it slipped my mind.

Yeah I've got the album, I'll try and find somewhere to host it.

I've also got All The Little Things (The Remixes), Entracte Singles, Star and Triumph.

Edit: http://rapidgator.net/file/b563aafd242efc53caae44d8c0cc20c5/Bel_Esteem.zip.html

Thanks man! Been looking for this for awhile!

Timelord
Jan 17, 2008

I'm looking for what should have been a series of doctor who regeneration iterations (William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, etc.) that have been reimagined into a more realistic viewpoint.
They are written texts, and came out around April of last year. I hope the authors continued to write more but google, bing, and yahoo haven't shown me anything relevant. I would expect there to be at least 9-10 other similar writings if they kept writing.
The text:

quote:

William Hartnell: Every day is exactly the same. Talking about places. Talking about time. Talking about science. All this talk. Hang out at home, chatter with friends, day in, day out. Events come and go. The wife. The kids. The grandkids.

This is stupid.

Let's get the hell out of here.

How do you escape conformity? How do you escape the life so carefully constructed? Don't we all struggle with that? Isn't the danger of life, more terrifying than any natural disaster, more soul-crushing than any defeat, the realisation that your entire life has passed you by without a single, solitary moment in the sun?

Others speak of stability, of harmony, of control. Keeping the wolf from the door. Everyone who says this, I promise you, has never fought a wolf.

Neither have you, of course, but you have to get out of here, or else you know how your life ends. Eons pass and they might as well have never happened.

Anybody who would rebel against everything, drop the whole world and run like hell, they wouldn't do it alone. There has to be someone. Exploring alone, venturing out alone, what's the point? There's nobody to hear of your travels. Nobody to share the burden with. Nobody to take the wheel. You look at the other side of the vehicle and sigh when you notice that there's nobody there. That's no way to be.

Bring the girl.

It's every man's dream, whether it's your adventurous cousin, the girl who hates her job and wants to pick a direction and GO, the chick from the bar who has money in her pocket and an itch to spend it. The routine is what kills you. Sitting around the house and doing nothing. THAT'S how you grow old.

You bring the girl. You steal the vehicle. Nobody will notice. It was gonna be junked in the morning anyway. That's alright, though. You know a bit of mechanics. It may not purr like it should, but you can make it breathe. You can make it yours.

So you go somewhere else for a time. Where? Anywhere. But you're freaking out, aren't you? Oh poo poo. Oh poo poo. They're gonna find us, aren't they? They're gonna impound the ride, take you in, put you on trial, and that'll be it. A fate worse than you'd have had just sitting at home doing nothing. A moment's high for a lifetime's low. So you hide. Time to make a cover. Let's meet the natives.

The natives are confused. You're not one of them. They always know. Small towns can spot you because nobody has a rumor of whom you've slept with. Big cities can spot you because you don't fit into the culture, any culture. There's always one for you, but what if there isn't? What if you talk like you're from another planet?

They'll take interest. They'll follow you.

And now they're part of it. You didn't want to abduct them, but you had no choice. Your cover was blown. Run for it!

And now you don't know what to do. They need to get home. But you can't seem to quite place it. You keep trying, and you keep getting the ballpark right, but it's a big world. Lots of places to land. Lots of events to discover. But this is what YOU signed up for. You wanted to see! You wanted to know! So you saw. And you knew. You learned about the universe, for better and for worse. You learned about yourself, for better and for worse. A good road trip can teach you so many things about yourself.

You get them home eventually. And what stories they'll have. They got to get out too. And they can rejoin the routine, but not quite in the way they ever could. They know the world they've seen is tiny. It's not worth taking seriously. They'll have more fun now. They'll breathe.

You'll always be the gypsy, but you learn that the folks you meet along the way can settle.

It's not always about fighting. That's not you. You just want to explore. You're finding your feet. You don't act like you know, because you DON'T. The travelers change. Some enter, some leave. But you're getting the hang of this. You try to leave the places you visit a little better than you found them. Sometimes, of course, you just try to run like hell and get out of Dodge while you still can.

Sometimes, you can't just escape, though. Your body wears out. People beat it up. Friends, foes, the lot. They take their toll, especially if you don't rest. One day, you crash. You just need to rest awhile, don't you. Because you can't keep going forever.

So you change your style. You change your outlook. gently caress's sake, you change everything.

Your friends won't even recognize you.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm looking for a story by a goon, about SA. I think it's a pretty old one. It was based on the Lord of the Rings and laid out the forums in the Tolkein cosmology. Lowtax was Iluvatar, the admins were Valar, the early posters were the dwarves, etc. I think it had illustrational jpegs, but the main thing was all text.

Found it!

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/great-goon-database/great-goon-best.php

It's the post by The Kung-Fu Yeti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.
I am looking for a youtube that someone made of "The Deer Hunter" where it replays the russian roulette scene and somehow makes it funny. I can't seem to find it, despite looking for it for an hour.

The scene in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCW9NsrV6VM

EDIT: The guy keeps yelling "MICKEY MICKEY" and almost the entire sequence replays with DeNiro and Walken again as a dream in DeNiro's head,

fuckingtest fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 28, 2013

• Locked thread