Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

hmm

e - actually i'm going to call fake. people seem to be taking it at face value but i can't see them making the sleeves like that.

http://i49.tinypic.com/10mu7op.jpg

think / hope that's the real one tbh.

luvd_ fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

luvd posted:

hmm

The red bars on the sleeves make sense because they match the similar design on the away shirt. It'd be a little disappointing though.

E: Aren't they announcing it in two days?

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

hecko posted:

I loving need one of these packs

Argentina, France, Germany, Mexico and Spain current and retro kits
http://www.formatmag.com/news/adidas-2010-world-cup-federation-packs/

Tantalus posted:

Sent you a PM as well.

There's not much I can say, beyond the fact that Tantalus has been utterly awesome in helping me out. I'm also pretty sure he doesn't need a goonrush. The shirts I was after are limited in the EU, and I used him purely as a US contact (please dont tell customs tia),but like i say, he covered me all the same, and I am wicked grateful.

p.s. pics to follow soon, before final, I can't say, but here's hoping.

url fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 29, 2010

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

luvd posted:

hmm

e - actually i'm going to call fake. people seem to be taking it at face value but i can't see them making the sleeves like that.

Definitely fake.

Just look at the name on the back.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

wicka posted:

E: Aren't they announcing it in two days?

Where did you hear that?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jovial Cow posted:

Where did you hear that?

I went on Arsenal.com last week and there was a pop-up that said it would be emailed to you on July 1st if you put your email in (so I did).

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
a former goalkeeper would like you to know that y'all are supporting economic oppression
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-indonesia-nike-20100628,0,6526123.story

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
So I know most people here only buy their team's jerseys but Nike released their spring 11 catalog and you'll be able to order custom US style jerseys.

Full catalog is here

http://www.niketeam.com/v2/new/PDF/SP11/04_Sp11_M_Soccer.pdf

The black/red version of it looks pretty loving slick. It's a shame it's so expensive because I would love to get one in my school's colors for our club team

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Oh hot drat

class as gently caress

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Directorman posted:

Oh hot drat

class as gently caress

loving thrilled that puma is going out on a high note (FYI, some ITKs have said Spurs and adidas signed a deal for 2011 and beyond), but the sponsor better not be red

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

(FYI, some ITKs have said Spurs and adidas signed a deal for 2011 and beyond)

That's not good news for you guys :(

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Mandalay posted:

a former goalkeeper would like you to know that y'all are supporting economic oppression
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-indonesia-nike-20100628,0,6526123.story
This should probably be its own topic in another thread. That's not really what this thread is for.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Had to get rid of my remaining Rand before I left South Africa so...

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

welp, guess what came in the mail yesterday :smith:

Shipped June 3rd to Germany. oh well better late than never! Dolo is still my homeboy. Suppose I'll also wear it to the women's world cup next year :toot:

Never noticed the weird rear end numbering though. also, did some people say the DTOM snake was missing on theirs?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

zenguitarman posted:

Shipped June 3rd to Germany. oh well better late than never! Dolo is still my homeboy. Suppose I'll also wear it to the women's world cup next year :toot:

Never noticed the weird rear end numbering though. also, did some people say the DTOM snake was missing on theirs?
Yeah, mine didn't have it, but did have official looking numbers.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

zenguitarman posted:

I thought the numbering was fake until I saw the blue numbers on the white jerseys the last few games the US played. Same holes, etc.

There are 2 DTOM snakes on the inside of legit ones: 1) white strip just below the collar, and 2) a larger white patch with gold stitching below the sizing information. SoccerTriads shirts only have the first.

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!

SporkOfTruth posted:

I thought the numbering was fake until I saw the blue numbers on the white jerseys the last few games the US played. Same holes, etc.

There are 2 DTOM snakes on the inside of legit ones: 1) white strip just below the collar, and 2) a larger white patch with gold stitching below the sizing information. SoccerTriads shirts only have the first.

The DTOM snake he's referring to is printed directly behind the crest. Non-licensed jerseys don't have them. I'm guessing Nike prints those and stitches the holographic thread onto the "Authentic" patches once they arrive in the states? I'm not sure how that works but it's obviously away from where they're first manufactured.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SoccerTriads has legit lettering/numbering, as far as I can tell. It's jerseybbs/minejersey that didn't. Of course, JBBS/MJ sold smalls, and ST didnt. I still wish I had known. Luckily my friend hasn't noticed yet/decided for the price he didn't care :toot:

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

drat you guys who got to keep a hosed-up jersey from SoccerTriads, after emailing them about getting the home instead of the away he said he'd send me a new one but could I send back in the jersey I received. :argh: I don't want to wait another 2+ months just to get a loving jersey, guess this is why you go the legit route

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

Directorman posted:

Oh hot drat

class as gently caress

I do like this.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Directorman posted:

Oh hot drat

class as gently caress

When does this go on sale?

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Mandalay posted:

When does this go on sale?

i reckon between their first preseason friendly and whenever they announce their kit sponsor

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Right, this a long one.

As you saw further up the thread I got my Soccer Triads "fake". It wasn't quite close enough so today I bought a legit one.

For comparison, the Soccer Triads was ~£17 shipped. The official cost me £35 in Sports Direct (nowhere near St James Park). The real one is an M and the Triads an XL.

So, here's a guide to the differences between a Triads and a real one to help you decide whether to buy a Soccer Triads one.

All pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/26327109@N04/4746251949/in/set-72157624261657833/

Very few clues at this distance as to the fake (it's on the left). Frankly the only way you'd normally know is if, for instance, you went to somewhere 35,000 others would be wearing them......oh.

The biggest giveaway of this fake shirt. Note that the badge printing on the fake (left) is a little wonky. Esteemed goon Jamesoff thinks that while they can use the same machines etc as the real ones, Chelsea sent them 10,000 badges and want 10,000 shirts so they have to do that themselves.

You have to look closely but the real one (right) has 3 different patterns on the er... "bib". The fake has a constant pattern. It's not a huge giveaway since I didn't even know that until I sourced the real one. It's rarely obvious in pictures but I think you can see it in this one, especially at full res (there's a 3000 pixel wide one on the Flickr set).

Another pattern error, the arm pattern is very slightly different between the fake (left) and the real one. The fake is, for want of a better word, harsher in its pattern.

Spot on, the real one is on the right but really if they were the other way round then the only clue is the slightly iffy badge on the fake (see earlier pic)

Collar comparison. Pretty much spot on, even the dimples are there. You can see the slightly different shoulder pattern but again, in practice you're just not going to notice.

tl;dr - In all honestly, the only way any human being would tell these apart is putting them this close together or going to a match with 30,000 more of them. So ignoring the moral implications of knock offs if you don't go to matches, you live in an area without many shirts or you just like a teams colours but not £35 like them then in reality you won't notice much. The material is worse on the fake but not by much and again you'd need a comparison to spot it. There were zero obvious machining errors on my fake.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 29, 2010

greatZebu
Aug 29, 2004

I got a pair of Triads jerseys: a US away and a Germany home. They're both very high quality. The US jersey is maybe a little on the small side for an XL, but if it doesn't shrink I'll be very happy with it. The Germany jersey is the smallest XL I've ever seen by some margin, to the point where it would be pretty awkward to wear in public. So Germany jersey orderers, beware. For reference, I'm 6'3", 215 lbs.

mie goreng
May 27, 2010

by Tiny Fistpump
My German is shite, does anyone know how to find the shirt sizes at the St Pauli shop? They got some really nice gear and are moving up!

http://www.fcstpauli-shop.de/index.php

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!
Click on "Mann" then "Trikots & mehr".

http://www.fcstpauli-shop.de/index.php/cat/c6_Trikots---mehr.html

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Augustus Rumpus posted:

Wow, I haven't had a reversible jersey since I was a little kid.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

luvd posted:

hmm

fyi this has been confirmed as the real one

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Awesome.

mie goreng
May 27, 2010

by Tiny Fistpump

Augustus Rumpus posted:

Thanks, but I was more looking for the measurements of Small, Medium etc.

Are they generally standardized?

For example I dig this t-shirt but I don't know how big they are.

Such are my mundane problems!

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!
Sizes are pretty standard... BUT, I'm not sure where you're from, but European t-shirt sizes tend to run a size smaller than American sizes (because we're fat, you see). So take that into consideration.

If you choose to get a trikot, here is Do You Football's size chart:

http://shop.doyoufootball.de/media/upload/file/Groessentabelle091013.pdf

Which does you no help in German, but a large is 41-42.5 inches around the chest (which is about a size smaller than Nike/Adidas if I recall correctly).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Xylorjax posted:

Wow, I haven't had a reversible jersey since I was a little kid.

Manchester United had one for the 2001/02 season to celebrate 100 years playing as Manchester United.

It was white and reversed into gold.

I have one, it weighs like 8 pounds.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Fag Boy Jim posted:

i'll have that

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Fag Boy Jim posted:

you lot need thicker sleeve stripes

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I kind of like the thick sleeve stripe to be honest and it looks more like a traditional Arsenal shirt. I'll definitely be getting one.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Yes yes yes. Time to retire my '07 kit, cos that one is gorgeous.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

I hate the thicker sleeve bottoms but it seems they're here to stay since it's both on the away and now home. Oh well it still looks loving ace.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yes, please.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd_