Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bully Ray posted:

1st Twittah shot at me is worse than your CELULITE. You have the rear end and thighs of an OBESE woman! Game on! #DREAMERSFAT #BULLYNATION

A tweet more interesting than all of RAW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

It amuses me that someone who once had a reputation as the single biggest prick in wrestling seems to be such a nice guy now.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Perry Normal posted:

It amuses me that someone who once had a reputation as the single biggest prick in wrestling seems to be such a nice guy now.

He traded in his cocky paranoia and good looks for humble kindless and a lazy eye.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lone Rogue posted:

He traded in his cocky paranoia and good looks for humble kindless and a lazy eye.

The night that me and another PSPer (I forget who it was) were having a jokey tweet exchange similar to Michaels/Flair and I said something like "Man I hope Shawn sees these and is as amused as I am because I'm dying of laughter" and he comes back with "I see 'em!" It made my night. :3:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
CM Punk recently posted:

quote:

Poolside. Listening to The Bronx. Planning some sort of hellacious workout for later. Laughing at wrestling "fans" crap opinions and ADD.

I hope he's not defending Raw last night, but who knows what the fans were complaining about.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lone Rogue posted:

He even said as much to Bret in that DVD they did with Jim Ross, about how the doctors told him they could fix it and he was just like "nah", because he wasn't as vain about his looks as he used to be. :c00l:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

I hope he's not defending Raw last night, but who knows what the fans were complaining about.

Punk once said, "People will complain about WWE but keep watching" which I think was his way of saying he never agrees with people complaining. Except for when it fit his storyline.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Lone Rogue posted:

Punk once said, "People will complain about WWE but keep watching" which I think was his way of saying he never agrees with people complaining. Except for when it fit his storyline.
He is big on PMA (positive mental attitude) and he replied to someone else that he thinks this storyline is great.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Frot Lesnar posted:

He is big on PMA (positive mental attitude) and he replied to someone else that he thinks this storyline is great.

So basically him and Eric Bischoff believe everyone is bitter and need to read The Secret and think of positive imagery?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Lone Rogue posted:

So basically him and Eric Bischoff believe everyone is bitter and need to read The Secret and think of positive imagery?
Bischoff maybe. Punk doesn't really care and figures they'll come back sooner or later.

Also:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I just stayed off Twitter after Raw, I got pretty loving angry knowing the guys would be doing everything they could to salvage what they could. No way could Punk look at that Raw and not think the internet was going to rip it to loving shreds. If he genuinely thinks the fans are wrong about it then he's an idiot. Otherwise he's just another company guy. Like the guy is coming off a little like Bischoff lately, who cares whether the show is good eh? People are going to watch it anyway!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Shawn Michaels blocks like crazy on twitter. Anyone with something unflattering to say gets blocked. Which isn't a bad thing or anything (and is understandable considering he gets the same questions ten thousand times a day mixed in with "God isn't real", "you hosed sunny" and "you screwed bret" tweets) but he isn't always nice on twitter.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

DannoMack posted:

Shawn Michaels blocks like crazy on twitter. Anyone with something unflattering to say gets blocked. Which isn't a bad thing or anything (and is understandable considering he gets the same questions ten thousand times a day mixed in with "God isn't real", "you hosed sunny" and "you screwed bret" tweets) but he isn't always nice on twitter.

I imagine there are still a lot of bitter Canadian smarks who feel they have something to say. HBK isn't the nicest guy on Twitter but I always saw it as a guy just being a straight-shooter while dealing with trolls, idiots and spambots with no idea who is genuine. As well, being openly Christian on the Internet pretty much invites the Internet Atheists to take pot-shots at you.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
He should turn the other cheek and laze the other eye.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

I imagine there are still a lot of bitter Canadian smarks who feel they have something to say. HBK isn't the nicest guy on Twitter but I always saw it as a guy just being a straight-shooter while dealing with trolls, idiots and spambots with no idea who is genuine. As well, being openly Christian on the Internet pretty much invites the Internet Atheists to take pot-shots at you.

If he can't laugh when I ask him where his Messiah is now after the Thunder beat the Spurs then he can get the gently caress off my internets. :colbert:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
If he wants to block people that he doesn't want to hear from, more power to him. If I don't want to read Hulk Hogan's bullshit on Twitter, I don't have to - why should he have to read people telling him he's a prick or faking his religion or whatever? It'd be another story maybe if he was lashing out at them, but I don't think he's done that.

I still chuckle about when someone asked him why he stopped doing the Double Fistdrop as a finish and he answered "There was only one of me!"

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

njsykora posted:

I just stayed off Twitter after Raw, I got pretty loving angry knowing the guys would be doing everything they could to salvage what they could. No way could Punk look at that Raw and not think the internet was going to rip it to loving shreds. If he genuinely thinks the fans are wrong about it then he's an idiot. Otherwise he's just another company guy. Like the guy is coming off a little like Bischoff lately, who cares whether the show is good eh? People are going to watch it anyway!

On the other hand, the average wrestling fans do have pretty terrible opinions. I'm pretty sure he loves his current storyline, and the rest of the show is out of his hands, so why should he get twisted about it on social media?

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

the_Vandal posted:

He should turn the other cheek and laze the other eye.

Yup.....you're going to hell. Been nice knowing you.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Also if finding religion seems to have made him a better and nicer person (which doesn't always happen, look at Vince Russo), taking cheap shots at it to boost your Internet Atheist cred is pretty drat low. I don't blame him for blocking people

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Kevin Steen posted:

Up to a little over 15 000 followers...Watch out @TheRock! I'm right around the corner!

The Rock posted:

@KILLSTEENKILL But you have millions of followers in spirit brother.. MF'N #ROHWorldChamp

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It doesn't matter how many times you tell me, because it will always amaze me when you tell me that The Rock's friends in professional wrestling today are Curt Hawkins and Kevin Steen.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Flameingblack posted:

It doesn't matter how many times you tell me, because it will always amaze me when you tell me that The Rock's friends in professional wrestling today are Curt Hawkins and Kevin Steen.

The Rock enjoys going to the zoo with Kevin Steen

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

The Rock enjoys going to the zoo with Kevin Steen
The Rock and Kevin Steen eating bananas while staring at two monkeys eating bananas at the zoo is my favorite wrestling-related mental image.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I hope I get to see a Kevin Steen & Rock tag match in my lifetime.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

That is so surreal

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

I hope I get to see a Kevin Steen & Rock tag match in my lifetime.

So... ROH fans... would they boo Rock or cheer him?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Lone Rogue posted:

I think they would implode in making a decision.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I don't know why fans would boo Rock in this day & age... sure, in 2002, boo away, but now?

Then again, ROH fans

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

The Rock and Kevin Steen eating bananas while staring at two monkeys eating bananas at the zoo is my favorite wrestling-related mental image.

They go to the zoo together because that's the best place for the Rock to wipe a cockatoo's rear end with what the People think.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

I don't know why fans would boo Rock in this day & age... sure, in 2002, boo away, but now?

Then again, ROH fans

Would they cheer him because he's coming out with Kevin Steen?
Would they boo him because he'd be saying good things about ROH?
Would they cheer him because he's the loving Rock and ROH fans have no business seeing him live without paying for a WWE ticket?
Would they boo him because ROH fans are fake wrestling hipsters?

In the end I think they would cheer him but him coming out would be the one thing that would get them to boo Kevin Steen since they'd call Kevin Steen a sellout for hanging out with The Rock.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Lone Rogue posted:

First one, then the other. Then, repeat.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Lone Rogue posted:

Wouldn't matter to the fans watching at home anyways.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I now have this image of Rock attempting to watch a ROH IPPV on his laptop stuck in my head.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skinty McEdger posted:

I now have this image of Rock attempting to watch a ROH IPPV on his laptop stuck in my head.

Attitude Era and earlier wrestlers using any type of technology chuckles the hell out of me.

-Ric Flair sending text messages
-Shane Douglas using a webcam
-Marty Jannetty on MySpace.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
ROH fans defying all logic will ether sit on their hands or wander off to the merch booth as The Rock and Kevin Steen put on a five star, bloody match after a fantastic promo off.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

ROH fans defying all logic will ether sit on their hands or wander off to the merch booth as The Rock and Kevin Steen put on a five star, bloody match after a fantastic promo off.

They could also be checking their watch timing the match. Good old Wrestlemania weekend and you getting arrested you piece of poo poo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

bobkatt013 posted:

They could also be checking their watch timing the match. Good old Wrestlemania weekend and you getting arrested you piece of poo poo.

Wait, did Green Lantern Fan get arrested or someone else? Because if GLF got thrown in jail for any series of events starting with timing a match, I will never stop laughing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Wait, did Green Lantern Fan get arrested or someone else? Because if GLF got thrown in jail for any series of events starting with timing a match, I will never stop laughing.

He did get arrested http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/fl-bso/2012-03-29/paul-adam-sosnowski-571202456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

The fact that he hosed up a NOAH main event level tag match because he's such a manchild and had to have things timed perfectly always stuck with me. The boy (43? Jesus Christ) is too close to wrestling to possibly enjoy it anymore.

When you have a quality main event with huge stars you will never see again and you spend it looking at a stopwatch then you should be banned from the shows because you're taking up a seat that could be sold to someone who would watch the matches.