Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Green jacket, gold jacket who gives a poo poo about Broteam. What we SHOULD be discussing are the new rules of Scrublords. Like how Woolie should be forced to use a Dreamcast controller for every game irregardless of what system it's on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Depths posted:

Yoooooo Saturday morning scrublords, that intro is perfect

The salt shaker in the logo is a beautiful touch.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"Oi hav ta keep foightin to find the ansah" might be the best friday bit since that moment Pat wrote Vanessa/Dudley fanfiction.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Improbable Lobster posted:

IIRC the bro team guy got hosed over really badly by machinima's poor organization amd buisness practises.

Yea, Broteam's a funny guy who got legitimately just reamed by Machinima and now sounds like he's going through an actual crushing financial crisis as well as some other Real People Issues, it's probably best for everyone involved if this wasn't 'a thing', there's really no fun in fighting with a guy who's kinda legitimately going through poo poo and also a little bit of brain problems just because he made a real dumb joke.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

"Oi hav ta keep foightin to find the ansah" might be the best friday bit since that moment Pat wrote Vanessa/Dudley fanfiction.

Liam's "Oh no, my backhoe is buried, どう仕様かな!" is the loving funniest thing I've heard, ever.

Also, that intro is amazing; that stick that just disintegrates when Woolie gets it is pure gold.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

That intro was beautiful and everything "live-action" that's been done has been great. I would pay money for a web series of you guys doing dumb poo poo.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears: God that was a great return to Scrublords.

My sides still hurt from everyone doing their best brit accents.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
Cryme Type LP is up and about. This plus Scrublords signalling a new unparalleled era in something.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahah yesss YESSSSSSS! Def Jam NY!

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
I played the poo poo out of Fight For NY when it came out. The combat system was just too good not to.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What is this backwards Cryme Tyme in which Woolie is suffering less than Matt?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No one suffers when you are fighting for New York.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PSX video is up

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Pat's reaction to Yakuza 5 isn't quite all I ever wanted, but I suppose their fake Street Fighter 5 reaction makes up for it.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

Great video and a lot of fun to watch, but that argument about whether the price of a video game should be taken into account for reviews was dumb as hell.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That reaction to falling through the world in Uncharted was amazing :allears:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i forgot how good fight for ny was.

i wish i still had an xbox, because i think i still have the game somewhere.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Their canned SF5 reaction was hilarious.

Also yeah see that is why most companies do pre recorded videos of demos. Cuz of stuff like that. I feel sorry for the guy who was playing UC4 live up there.

Also Pat's reaction to YK5 was still hilarious.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 14, 2014

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Also yeah see that is why most companies do pre recorded videos of demos. Cuz of stuff like that. I feel sorry for the guy who was playing UC4 live up there.

I kinda prefer it. Because you can at least be sure that it's genuinely the game and not the company trying to go 'oh no this is totally gameplay footage wink -fingers crossed behind back-'

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

RareAcumen posted:

I kinda prefer it. Because you can at least be sure that it's genuinely the game and not the company trying to go 'oh no this is totally gameplay footage wink -fingers crossed behind back-'

Yeah I agree, it adds a bit of personality to the presentation if nothing else. It's the same thing with David Jaffe's aside before he presented his game; not the most professional moment but much more likable anyway.

Edit to underline how great Jaffe is. Posting while I watch the video and the dude is awesome.

Chrispurple fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 14, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Katamariman is fantastic to watch.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rodyle posted:

Katamariman is fantastic to watch.

I was really surprise to see him. I'm wait didn't he said he was done? :stare:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wow that LBP3 trailer is great. Wish those physics were better.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/12/first-street-fighter-v-gameplay-ryu-vs.html

So, who was it that called SF3 coming back? Was it Everyone?

Next-Jin Engine fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 14, 2014

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Probably not a parry (thank loving god), on a second look it feels more like an Instant Guard or something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that's instant guard.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt ask Pat if he'd accept a free SA account because I think he'd fit in just fine here. I know he has some weird irrational hatred of SA but if he can stomach GAF he can certainly stomach SA

OneDeadman posted:

Pat's reaction to Yakuza 5 isn't quite all I ever wanted, but I suppose their fake Street Fighter 5 reaction makes up for it.

Bullshit, his reaction is so loving good because he is literally vibrating for the next five minutes after the announcement :allears:

Shindragon posted:

I might be in the minority, but I liked that he fell through the world. Showed that it was a genuine realtime presentation rather than a recorded session.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Don't get me wrong I do enjoy that it proof this wasn't fake or anything, but as a former QA tester, my reaction was pretty much like Woolie's.

It's oooh someones getting fired.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man Battle Construction Vehicles is like, a top 5 video, I'm actually rewatching it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

MOTHERFUCKING CHARLIE!

I don't know what it is about him but I loving love him. My favorite Alpha 2 character even above Zangief and Ken who are my SF favorites.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I don't know if the long argument about value reviews in games, or him saying that FF7 on PS4 is great, is the most Liam thing ever. You have to expect this kind of stuff from him now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
No, it's still Hardline only needing a good story to be good, as a noted hardcore single player Battlefield player.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

I don't know if the long argument about value reviews in games, or him saying that FF7 on PS4 is great, is the most Liam thing ever. You have to expect this kind of stuff from him now.

Can't really put the value argument on him since Woolie was on his side :v:

For the record they were both wrong and it was Pat who was correct (as usual).

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Rodyle posted:

Can't really put the value argument on him since Woolie was on his side :v:

For the record they were both wrong and it was Pat who was correct (as usual).

The best moments of that video, beyond Pat literally shooting joy out of his mouth during the Yakuza 5 announcement, were Liam taking personal offense at Pat criticizing Destiny and The Order and Pat just keeps digging the knife in and then being like "No, i'm not harping on YOU just these games, stop getting butt mad." Also Pat was totally right. Plus he should get an account as he's already a goon since he made a loving car analogy to explain his point. :iiaca:

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
I'm glad I wasn't in any of those videos, just so I don't have to be in the room during those times. They're so awkward.

Sad I missed some of the cooler game announcements though.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Things are only awkward until you whip it out. Then it's comedy.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

No love for the weird Fallout reference in Evil Within I see. :v:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm glad I wasn't in any of those videos, just so I don't have to be in the room during those times. They're so awkward.

Sad I missed some of the cooler game announcements though.

This would all be sussed out if you'd just get one of those old 60s desk intercoms and shouted orders and instructions at them from the other room.

"STOP GOOFING AROUND YOU LAYABOUTS! I DONT PAY YOU TO GOLDBRICK! I NEED TO SEE HYPE PRODUCTION UP BY 14% THIS QUARTER OR YOU'RE GONNA BE PEDDLING YOUR GAME OPINIONS OUT ON THE STREETS LIKE ARTHUR GEIS!"

You could be like a more grouse Charlie and they'd be your angels.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's actually in their contracts that if Mat fires them he has to feed them to his pigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Commissar Ken posted:

This would all be sussed out if you'd just get one of those old 60s desk intercoms and shouted orders and instructions at them from the other room.

"STOP GOOFING AROUND YOU LAYABOUTS! I DONT PAY YOU TO GOLDBRICK! I NEED TO SEE HYPE PRODUCTION UP BY 14% THIS QUARTER OR YOU'RE GONNA BE PEDDLING YOUR GAME OPINIONS OUT ON THE STREETS LIKE ARTHUR GEIS!"

You could be like a more grouse Charlie and they'd be your angels.

The way Matt screams NOWNOWNOW is the best