Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

id rather just have a difficulty menu or something. too many game mechanics spoil the broth

Reactivating invaders in an area would be a godsend for pvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did like that in bloodborne, the mechanic to reactivate invasions was incorporated very nicely.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I finally get invaded and the dude doesn't play any animations so I have no idea what he's doing other than where he is. I still get him to one hit away from death multiple times but can't see when he heals and end up loving up a roll and dying. the net code is really bad.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I finally get invaded and the dude doesn't play any animations so I have no idea what he's doing other than where he is. I still get him to one hit away from death multiple times but can't see when he heals and end up loving up a roll and dying. the net code is really bad.

what do u want me to do about it ?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

HolePisser1982 posted:

happy with this one

"But you're not a Host of Embers, you're a Chicken Boo"

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I.N.R.I posted:

what do u want me to do about it ?

Ask your uncle at From to fix it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
do giant crabs have any weakness because my rapier aint cutting it against them

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Doctor Goat posted:

Spears thrown at them by a friendly giant

edit: if you made friends with the giant in the tower lure the crabs near the glowing white birch tree in the swamp and he will wreck them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

blunt does well but theyre just pretty tough in gen

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

removing the lovely antivirus I had that installed itself when I installed my motherboard software fixed my dark souls 3 online. protip.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Regular enemies in NG+ are way more dangerous but bosses are a joke. I killed vordt and ran straight back up to dancer and she melted

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

hollow bart is lookin baaadddd

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

HolePisser1982 posted:

ayyyyyy lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Looks like the aliens from Independence Day

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i miss being able to beef up armor

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

that would engender mondo passivity

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
anyone else having trouble password cooping? for some reason its not working at all for me today

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Doctor Goat posted:

ya it was awesome when u would go "should i change clothes? nah its not at +10"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

ya it was awesome when u would go "should i change clothes? nah its not at +10"

LOl. This

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish equipload was gone altogether, and armor was entirely cosmetic, but i also understand why that would never happen outside of bloodborne

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

a Loving Dog posted:

anyone else having trouble password cooping? for some reason its not working at all for me today

Yeah it isn't working for me either

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i just found this out by accident: if you spend a lot of time in patches shop menu then leave without buying something he says a different line than usual after you leave. its funny. i dont know how long you have to spend in there cos i left it there for like 15 minutes while i did something else

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Heres my char

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i wish equipload was gone altogether, and armor was entirely cosmetic, but i also understand why that would never happen outside of bloodborne

poise is a very cool mechanic and vit is a clever way to lock it behind stat investment imo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dont understand how poise works in this game. The Wolf Ring doesnt seem to do anything for me

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

I.N.R.I posted:

i just found this out by accident: if you spend a lot of time in patches shop menu then leave without buying something he says a different line than usual after you leave. its funny. i dont know how long you have to spend in there cos i left it there for like 15 minutes while i did something else
the soul transposition guy does this too.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

are raw weps any good?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Vulich the Subtle posted:

the soul transposition guy does this too.

kool. gotta try that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

are raw weps any good?

useless except maybe in early game sl1 beore u get fire + dark gems.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyone know what kind of damage you can get out of a +8 or +9 crosswbow? i'm thinking about using that as my range on my next character. also, what's a cool crossbow? is the aevelyn in this thing?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I dont understand how poise works in this game. The Wolf Ring doesnt seem to do anything for me
ive noticed having high poise turns long stun animations/knockdowns into shorter, lighter stuns. but until you get poise pretty high it only helps you with very light attacks like arrows and knife swings

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

are raw weps any good?

I used raw mace +3 until I got the butcher knife and it felt like it was my best option early game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

useless except maybe in early game sl1 beore u get fire + dark gems.

i figured. you can get that dark axe stupid early, guess a raw wep would be good for the short trip to that lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Needing all the + rings for the achievement is a really stupid uneccesary treadmill considering how much time it takes to get them all the first time. It should just be one iteration of every possible ring

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bloodbor e did souls achievements perfectly imo, plat was really challenging to get without a lot of ridiculous cushioning

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah the defiled and depth 5 chalices were hard as nails and epic as hell. Wished the level design had more variety though.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Benny D posted:

Needing all the + rings for the achievement is a really stupid uneccesary treadmill considering how much time it takes to get them all the first time. It should just be one iteration of every possible ring

the covenant reward rings and miracles are worse imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

AHungryRobot posted:

Yeah the defiled and depth 5 chalices were hard as nails and epic as hell. Wished the level design had more variety though.

I know a lot of people were happy we didn't get something like chalices, but they way FROM seems to get better at stuff the more they do it made me really excited to see chalice 2.0. Shame we didn't get it

• Locked thread