Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
That whistleblower complaint details an active cover up regarding the Ukraine call when they moved it to a different computer network.

Or at least that's how I'm interpreting things with my non legal pea brain.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

those duty officers who sat in on that call and t. ulrich brechbuhl are about to have an extremely bad morning

also, part ii of the complaint refers to white house officials trying to expunge the original word-for-word trascript which is a huge yikes. there's definitely going to be an attempt to get into that separate computer network that the word-for-word copy was stored in

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Not a lot we weren't expecting. The terrible phone call, and a ridiculous coverup.

It's still ridiculously damning

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Hey, why not?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lmaoooo

quote:

Multiple White House officials with direct knowledge of the call informed me that, after an initial exchange of pleasantries, the President used the remainder of the call to advance his personal interests. Namely, he sought to pressure the Ukrainian leader to take actions to help the President's 2020 reelection bid.

Knives are going to come out.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I mean, if Trump shows up and sits in Nancy's chair, what's she gonna do?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah, I just skimmed this whole thing and it's nothing we didn't already know or suspect, so theres no "bombshell" of that sort. But it pretty much details how this has been an ongoing thing since May and how obviously they all know they're breaking the law because they're attempting to cover up what they're doing. It also inculpates Barr in addition to Rudy.

And nothing was really witnessed firsthand by the whistleblower, but there appears to be half a dozen people in the administration that knew this was super illegal and ratted Trump out to the whistleblower.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
https://twitter.com/AngrierWHStaff/status/1177201507969785856?s=20

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

theflyingorc posted:

Not a lot we weren't expecting. The terrible phone call, and a ridiculous coverup.

Yeah there wasn't much in there that hasn't been reported already. But there is reference to a verbatim transcript that apparently exists or used to exist. So that's kind of new.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

I like how the whistlevlower is saying "this poo poo is in the public news, people" but officially reporting it as a "whistleblower" is what it took to get things moving.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Couldn't they space these things out a bit more? The DNI testimony starts in 10 minutes, so there is no time to digest this. The writers this season are really frontloading too much of the plot.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Mahoning posted:

Yeah, I just skimmed this whole thing and it's nothing we didn't already know or suspect, so theres no "bombshell" of that sort. But it pretty much details how this has been an ongoing thing since May and how obviously they all know they're breaking the law because they're attempting to cover up what they're doing. It also inculpates Barr in addition to Rudy.

And nothing was really witnessed firsthand by the whistleblower, but there appears to be half a dozen people in the administration that knew this was super illegal and ratted Trump out to the whistleblower.

well, now we know that there still is a verbatim transcript that white house tried to destroy and that it has been hidden away in the NSC's server

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mahoning posted:

i mean it sounds pretty loving bad and there is quid pro quo apperently. i can see why the senate is scared.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Welp now we know exactly why Coats resigned. He's got to be one of the unnamed White House officials.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I like how the whistlevlower is saying "this poo poo is in the public news, people" but officially reporting it as a "whistleblower" is what it took to get things moving.

Everyone loves a good scandal.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

Couldn't they space these things out a bit more? The DNI testimony starts in 10 minutes, so there is no time to digest this. The writers this season are really frontloading too much of the plot.

Not a ton to digest. The call went how the memorandum presents it, there was a word-for-word transcript, Barr and Guliani tried to hide it because they knew how bad it was the moment Trump hung up. Supplemented by public news stories.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

well, now we know that there still is a verbatim transcript that white house tried to destroy and that it has been hidden away in the NSC's server

i assume we can gain access to it and god knows what else from the National Security Council server?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

TyrantWD posted:

Let the fast readers tell us whats in it:

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 26, 2019

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177201488688537602

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean it sounds pretty loving bad and there is quid pro quo apperently. i can see why the senate is scared.

Oh yeah, I mean it's just as bad as everyone is claiming, I'm just saying there's nothing new or additional in the report.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Please stop signing your tweets, Mr. President.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

theflyingorc posted:

It's just amazing that the version that was released is the one they thought was perfectly fine and normal. The original version must be insanely bad.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

skylined! posted:

Welp now we know exactly why Coats resigned. He's got to be one of the unnamed White House officials.
Yes the rumor now is that he and another intel official resigned over this

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Isn't the best play though to drag this the gently caress out? Like televise all the hearings and drag it all out Nixon style for all the people to see? Air every piece of dirt and grime in this administration. I don't want this fast-tracked. I want a goddamn circus. I want these fuckers brought out into the light for everyone to see. We need to flip the loving Senate and it needs to be a knife fight to do that.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

quote:

On 26 July, a day after the call, US Special Representative for Ukraine Negotiations Kurt Volker visited Kyiv and met with President Zelenskyy and a variety of Ukrainian political figures. Ambassador Volker was accompanied in his meetings by US Ambassador to the EU, Gordon Sondland. Based on multiple readouts of these meetings recounted to me by various US officials, Ambassador Volker and Sonderland reportedly provided advice to the Ukrainian leadership about how to "navigate" the demands that the President had made of Mr. Zelenskyy.

Isn't this somewhat new?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Actually, yes. Enthusiastically true.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mahoning posted:

Oh yeah, I mean it's just as bad as everyone is claiming, I'm just saying there's nothing new or additional in the report.

thanks. i just think there is probably more bad poo poo on the server.

seems like the leader is in the bunker already screaming for his men to die for him.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

How many more all caps tweets are we going to get today? 6? Maybe a full dozen?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Taerkar posted:

How many more all caps tweets are we going to get today? 6? Maybe a full dozen?
Hopefully all of them from now on

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Relying on the press to break a scandal is a huge mistake in this day and age where a) the press reports scandals literally every single day so that they've been normalized and b) Trump has successfully painted the mainstream media as enemies of the people so nobody believes them anyways.

So the whistleblower route was the One Neat Trick™ to bypass this apparatus and get something to matter. It put the scandal in the lap of Congress for them to react before anything could be spun or obfuscated by the media.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mahoning posted:

The active cover up is new.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah, I don't really see how this is going to move the needle for Republicans, but we'll see.

The wording of the letter seems far more damning than the content which, uh, doesn't feel like the right way to say that but I'm not sure how else to do it. Like, it's not that the content isn't hilariously damning, it's just that it's mostly nothing that wasn't already public knowledge. The biggest thing seems to be that it points the finger at other administration officials as well as part of a conspiracy.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Mahoning posted:

There are two new things I count:

There is a word-for-word transcript that was so bad they sought to cover it up.

That transcript is being stored on a separate computer system used for extremely sensitive information, so it still exists.

It also gives names. Not directly, but the whistleblower confirms a rough number of people who can be subpoenaed to confirm (we kind of knew that would be in there).

It’s bad but it’s a bit dense

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Well now. Isn't this kind of Der Untergang-y? Sounds like he wants violence and a civil war.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

friendbot2000 posted:

Isn't the best play though to drag this the gently caress out? Like televise all the hearings and drag it all out Nixon style for all the people to see? Air every piece of dirt and grime in this administration. I don't want this fast-tracked. I want a goddamn circus. I want these fuckers brought out into the light for everyone to see. We need to flip the loving Senate and it needs to be a knife fight to do that.

It will take a few weeks/months to get people in for open and closed door hearings. It will start today, go to Coats and the other official who resigned, the whistleblower, the IGIC, and then they all will name other people who will be subpoenad.

I doubt they will hold a vote before the end of the year, but who knows!

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1177199409949478912

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

How did they let all of it leak out so quickly?
Is there not a single adult left to keep things in check?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

“The President’s personal lawyer, Mr. Rudolph Giuliani, is a central figure in this effort. Attorney General William Barr appears to be involved as well”

I'd like to see Trump wriggle out of this one!

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.
The whistleblower points out multiple times that much of what big wet Prez and his flunkies did was clearly done for personal profit and not in any official capacity. The last paragraph says that the President ordered aid to Ukraine suspended in early July and no one at the Office of Management and Budget or the National Security Council knew why since there was no policy attached to the request. They're laying out a lot of questions that need to be asked.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Mahoning posted:

Confirming what we suspected is new and additional. Suspicions and guesses aren't facts.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How many times has trump tried to bleach his crimes server

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Whistleblower says this is not the first time a transcript had been moved due to politically sensitive info rather than national security info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

How did they let all of it leak out so quickly?
Is there not a single adult left to keep things in check?

If the whistleblower was in fact someone like Bolton or on his level, he likely told Schiff the IG was withholding it and the push started
then for some reason the WH complied and let all this stuff come out
I don't know why

they hosed up bad

really really bad