Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FirstAidKite posted:

Remember those old banner ads from like a decade and a half ago that were for new downloadable emoticons and you'd hover over it and the banner would just scream at you "SAY SOMETHING! whaaaat?"

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do they still make sprite comics?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Browsing gamefaqs hoping mom never looked at the screen while the crazy frog ad with crazy frog's dick was on screen

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Had to explain to my mom why I visited a website with a picture of a nazi forest and the song “Heut Ist Mein Tag” looping in the background

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Leader of men

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Help Im Alive posted:

That sounds like the snake minigame from Timesplitters 2

Hwurmp posted:

for some extra meta, the entirety of TimeSplitters 2 is now hidden inside Homefront: The Revolution
Nailed it, thank you so much!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i accidentally left "girls gone wild spring break" in the search bar of KazAa or limewire or whatever we had at the time. I was so careful to delete the video, empty bin, flood recent file history, all that jazz to cover my tracks. however mom later went to download something and saw that search there and asked me about it. i blubbered something out about "oh my friend said his cousin was in it and i didn't believe him so we were just checking if he was lying" and then avoided my family for as long as i could till i felt it was passed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thank God the whole family has their own devices now

Though I still instinctively delete by browser history, sometimes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Every time I am reminded of this game I rue and lament it is not out. Same reason I have very deliberately stopped myself from remembering that Silksong still hasn't been released.

Wait a minute......

:negative:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
they're taking a bit more time on silksong because they're doing nft integration

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am really excited for Stray to finally come out.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

they're taking a bit more time on silksong because they're doing nft integration

if you didn't like the map system in hollow knight just you wait!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Relax Or DIE posted:

bilksong

MarsPearl
Feb 19, 2021

Gaius Marius posted:

Seeing doctors try and defend residency is hilarious. It's such an obviously stupid system that people will fall on their stethoscopes to defend for no reason but to ensure the next crop suffers like they did

I’m studying to be a therapist and there’s similar (but not as physically bad) absurd poo poo in the training process which is extra funny because the number one thing you need to be a good therapist is to be well rested and feel emotionally stable enough to really listen and try to understand another person’s pain and 90% of the training process actively impedes that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I am really excited for Stray to finally come out.

Good news, it's out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn4vp9mAgjs

Relax Or DIE posted:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Team Cherry are waiting for me to get around to finishing Hollow Knight before they release the sequel.

I'll get around to it at some point. I'm sorry, everyone.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

Jury: We find the defendant, Jerusalem, was entirely acting in self-defense when he beat Relax Or Die to death with his own hands. We do however find him guilty of staring at his hands and saying,"What have I become?" afterwards, and sentence him to five years of forced labor under the constant threat of sexual abuse*

* working for Activision

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i tried to find a bug that can be shortened to NFT but was unsuccessful so I would like to say "gently caress you!!" to the new forest burnet/northern footman and several species of african butterfly

actually moths are very cool

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nice Fuckin' Tarantulas

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hair only looks good on mammals, imo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Moths are cool AF

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Used to listen to a lot of Black Moth Super Rainbow

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

Had to explain to my mom why I visited a website with a picture of a nazi forest and the song “Heut Ist Mein Tag” looping in the background

I had a similar thing happen, except instead of a ytmnd fad it was wikipedia, and the reason was "doing research for school because we're learning about WW2."

She still didn't get it and thought I was trying to learn about how to be a nazi by doing mandatory schoolwork covering the bare basics of the events of WW2.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htRbhGmX8Yc

Ah yeah, baybee give it to me

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm down

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Kirby lore has gotten pretty out there over the years but the most surreal part was probably getting ready to fight a dimension-warping sephiroth fetus monster in round 2 and having a butterfly swoop in and devour the game’s final boss like Cell from Dragonball Z before turning into a butterfly knight that I guess is the grim reaper too?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

yikes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Kirby lore has gotten pretty out there over the years but the most surreal part was probably getting ready to fight a dimension-warping sephiroth fetus monster in round 2 and having a butterfly swoop in and devour the game’s final boss like Cell from Dragonball Z before turning into a butterfly knight that I guess is the grim reaper too?

Makes me wonder how long until they properly repurpose and implement the spin-off titles into the deepest lore

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pictured: the opening for the very first kirby game I ever played

Kirby tilt n tumble

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bayonetta 3 being a co-op game with Kirby as P2 is gonna be wild.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I bought, played and finished The Beginner’s Guide in 80 mins, and I think it would be really funny if I refunded it now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1520123112129396737?s=20&t=l7h8PkijoOC369jEBlUnzQ

These studios include Avalanche, Monolith, Rocksteady, NetherRealm, and Traveler's Tales

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They did this last time. Their gonna have a hard time unloading these because these are genuinely profitable, ongoing studios heavily tied to their IP ownership so the value they would need to get from them does not match the value they can sell for unless someone grossly overpays

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Though Microsoft has been on a buying spree lately.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Barudak posted:

They did this last time. Their gonna have a hard time unloading these because these are genuinely profitable, ongoing studios heavily tied to their IP ownership so the value they would need to get from them does not match the value they can sell for unless someone grossly overpays

"Oh sweet, Traveler's Tales! So I can make Lego games?"

"No"

"Oh."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Since they'd be looking to license their proprieties anyway, maybe they'll offer a package deal for anyone buying.