Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

RBA Starblade posted:

Twilight Princess was a better game than Wind Waker

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
twilight princess was good until ganon showed up

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It was better than Skyward Sword too but that isn't saying much

haveblue posted:

I wondered what he was up to

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

haveblue posted:

Zant was a great villain too.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Twilight Princess; a fantastic game

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Honestly I think Twilight Princess is underrated but it doesn't hold a sail to Wind Waker

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Twilight Princess is a solid 8.8/10

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i have only played OoT MM and 30 mins of BotW and i intend to keep it that way

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Twilight Princess is a solid 8.8/10

I give the Gamecube version an 8.9

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

i have only played OoT MM and 30 mins of BotW and i intend to keep it that way

You should play the 2D ones, Zelda 1 is sadly kinda jank because it’s movement is purely grid-based but LTTP and the game boy ones are a good time, as is Link Between Worlds

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

tearing up at this early appearance of Fi in ocarina of time

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Draga posted:

I learnt Koi-koi through Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN.

Same, unironically.

I also kinda learned Mahjong there but I was terrible at Yaku. It took until Yakuza for that to really set in.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

3D zelda was a mistake, the series has never managed to get back to the levels of interesting exploration that the oracle and awakening games had. Instead they're filled with bad stories and worse combat

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Here it comes... only a matter of time now...

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gaius Marius posted:

3D zelda was a mistake, the series has never managed to get back to the levels of interesting exploration that the oracle and awakening games had. Instead they're filled with bad stories and worse combat

Bad take

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The Bad Opinion Page

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

The 2d Zeldas are much better I agree

Except Spirit Tracks that was pretty lovely

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Last Celebration posted:

You should play the 2D ones, Zelda 1 is sadly kinda jank because it’s movement is purely grid-based but LTTP and the game boy ones are a good time, as is Link Between Worlds

those games have never had any appeal to me just not my thing :/

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

win the CL with the slopshire rovers

It's true. As soon as I've taken my league 2 side to champions league glory I get bored and stop playing

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Also the only good zelda games were the 2d ones

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

fridge corn posted:

It's true. As soon as I've taken my league 2 side to champions league glory I get bored and stop playing

sitting in my darkend room with a mini bottle of champagne singing the champions league theme to myself, tears streaming down my face, the highest glory in club football

the champiooooooooooooons

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

the boyhood dream realized

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

fridge corn posted:

Hey Arin Hanson, love da grumps

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

Honestly I think Twilight Princess is underrated but it doesn't hold a sail to Wind Waker

i actually barely remember either's dungeons, just the experience of walking around their overworlds and Wind Waker was frustrating in that regard since you're oceanlocked and a lot of islands had very specific routes to get up them and falling down or trying to glide to something often meant having to re-do it. was also not a fan of the phase where you just gotta go wander the ocean fishing for tribits.

i did love running around a big zelda landscape as a wolf though, like, that was a pro move for the series, they should definitely find ways to work back in the wolf mode.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Continues to be the perfect ranking

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Gaius Marius posted:

Good to see your bad takes include movies and games

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

fridge corn posted:

This is correct

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LttP in B tier oh HELL no

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Rarity posted:

LttP in B tier oh HELL no

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I played ocarina of time a few weeks ago and it was excellent. This is my Zelda story.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
lttp has a cool overworld but all but only one good dungeon and the combat doesn't feel good until the level 3 sword

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

LttP is really not a very good Zelda game. It lacks the pure exploration of Zelda I, the heart of Awakening, the interesting puzzles and charm of Ages, and the beautiful graphics of Seasons. It's like eating a pancake without syurp

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

1. LttP
2.Link between worlds
3. Wind Waker
4.Minish Cap
5.Ocarina
6.Twilight
7. The waggle one
8. The rest

This list ranked purely on amount of time spent. LttP is the best though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

LttP is really not a very good Zelda game. It lacks the pure exploration of Zelda I, the heart of Awakening, the interesting puzzles and charm of Ages, and the beautiful graphics of Seasons. It's like eating a pancake without syurp

corn syrup is like the bottom tier of basic pancake toppings, and there are ton of delicious things to eat with pancakes besides wet sugar. real maple another story, but it's still one option among many.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The best three Zelda games is Okami

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I find syrup too sweet I usually just do a light buttering and sprinkle a small amount of powdered sugar on a pancake. if syrup is my only option I just use about a 1/2 tsp and kinda glaze the top with a butter knife

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

S tier: Okami, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker
A tier: Link's Awakening, Darksiders
B tier: Twilight Princess
D tier: Skyward Sword
F tier: Breath of the Wild

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A tier: batman arkham asylum

Adbot