Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

And even if you can watch without being distracted by the shittiness of the company in totality, you also have to deal with a really abrasive production style. I can only watch a couple WWE matches at a time because of that - especially NXT, with Booker T being easily the worst announcer in wrestling by a massive margin.

Collision Kevin Kelly is the worst announcer I’ve ever heard. At least Booker T occasionally says some absolutely insane poo poo that gets a laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Kelly hasn't fully adjusted to working American TV after years of just doing his own thing; he's been improving, even if he's clearly the worst AEW announcer, I think he'll get more and more comfortable as time goes on.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragongate at Korakuen Hall 10/6/2023

HM: BIGBOSS Shimizu & Strong Machine J vs. Shuji Kondo & Eita
Sick finish.

HM: Natural Vibes (Kzy, Jason Lee, U-T, & JACKY"FUNKY"KAMEI) vs. Z-Brats (Shun Skywalker, KAI, H・Y・O, & ISHIN)
MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Champion Tournament Finals - Madoka Kikuta, Yuki Yoshioka, & Dragon Dia vs. Kota Minoura, Ben-K, & Naruki Doi vs. YAMATO, Dragon Kid, & Punch Tominaga

Punch Tominaga having the same revelation that Kanda had earlier in the year that he can just wrestle good and have great matches.

+1 to all of these. Man, I need to watch more Dragongate. That main event was SO MUCH FUN. I'm also glad that Shun Skywalker is back from his tour of the indies. He's my favorite. (Watch these matches here.)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pro Wrestling Revolver 10/8 Women's Grand Prix

HM: Billie Starkz vs. Marina Shafir

(This was a one-day tournament so I spoilered the names so as not to spoil the earlier matches)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pylons posted:

Pro Wrestling Revolver 10/8 Women's Grand Prix

HM: Billie Starkz vs. Marina Shafir

(This was a one-day tournament so I spoilered the names so as not to spoil the earlier matches)

Seconded

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 10/7

HM: Big Bill & Ricky Starks vs. FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood)
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Kyle Fletcher
HM: Toni Storm vs. Kiera Hogan
HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Komander

I will nth.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 10/7

HM: Big Bill & Ricky Starks vs. FTR (Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood)
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Kyle Fletcher
HM: Toni Storm vs. Kiera Hogan
HM: Eddie Kingston vs. Komander

Nthing these.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
4th August
GLEAT Ver.MEGA
LIDET UWF Rules
Fujita "Jr" Hayato & Yu Iizuka vs Minoru Suzuki & Shinya Aoki

HM
4th August
GLEAT Ver.MEGA
G-REX Title
T-Hawk(c) vs Hayato Tamura

HM
4th August
GLEAT Ver.MEGA
Elimination Tag
Check Shimatani, El Lindaman, Kaito Ishida, Soma Watanabe & Takanori Ito vs Daisuke Sekimoto, Hagane Shinno, Kota Ibushi, Shuji Ishikawa & Yumehito Imanari

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
RoH on Honor Club, 3/9:

HM: Timothy Thatcher vs. Wheeler Yuta
HM: Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis vs. Rhett Titus & Tracy Williams
MOTYC: Willow Nightingale vs. Athena

That women's match loving ruled.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

MOTY: Team FREEDOMS vs Team GCW, Art of War Games
GCW Fight Club night 1 - October 7

MOTY: Masashi Takeda vs Mance Warner
MOTY: Matt Tremont vs Jun Kasai
GCW Fight Club night 2 - October 8

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pillowpants posted:

I’m exclusively watching WWE right now because I don’t have time to watch much more and my kid really loves John Cena.
Gunther and Chad Gable have been the only worthwhile parts of Raw for the past 5 weeks.

HM: Rey Mysterio vs Lashley 10/6

This was at the most recent PPV? Fastlane?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Jerusalem posted:

This was at the most recent PPV? Fastlane?

SmackDown (10/6 is a Friday)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

SmackDown (10/6 is a Friday)

Thanks and :doh:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Wrestle Princess IV October 9th
MOTYC
Ryo Mizunami and Yuki Aino vs Miu Watanabe and Yuki Arai
Free Wifi (Nao Kakuta and Hikari Noa) vs Toyo Mates (Kamiyu and Mahiro Kiryu) - Vacant Princess Tag Titles
Mizuki (c) vs Miyu Yamashita - Princess of Princess Title

HM
Runa Okubo vs Haru Kazeshiro
Raku Appreciation Society (Raku, Aja Kong and Shino Suzuki) vs Hyper Misao, Toga and Wakana Uehara
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama, Mei Saint-Michel, Martha and Yukio Saint-Laurent) vs Antonio Honda, Suzume, Pom Harajuku and Shoko Nakajima
Nyla Rose vs Maki Itoh
Rika Tatsumi (c) vs Max the Impaler (c) - International Princess and NWA Women's Television Titles

What a great show. It's a Princess show, of course it was great

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Wrestle Princess IV October 9th
MOTYC
Ryo Mizunami and Yuki Aino vs Miu Watanabe and Yuki Arai
Free Wifi (Nao Kakuta and Hikari Noa) vs Toyo Mates (Kamiyu and Mahiro Kiryu) - Vacant Princess Tag Titles
Mizuki (c) vs Miyu Yamashita - Princess of Princess Title

HM
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama, Mei Saint-Michel, Martha and Yukio Saint-Laurent) vs Antonio Honda, Suzume, Pom Harajuku and Shoko Nakajima
Rika Tatsumi (c) vs Max the Impaler (c) - International Princess and NWA Women's Television Titles

What a great show. It's a Princess show, of course it was great

Going with these ones

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Aja Kong & Raku & Shino Suzuki vs. Hyper Misao & Wakana Uehara & Toga - TJPW Wrestle Princess IV 10/9
Misao's antics and setting her two rookies on Aja, good times.

HM: Ryo Mizunami & Yuki Aino vs. Miu Watanabe & Yuki Arai - TJPW Wrestle Princess IV 10/9
Aniki ruled in this (as always) and Miu's power was even more impressive than normal.

HM: NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama, Mei Saint Michel, Martha & Yukio Saint Laurent) vs. Shoko Nakajima, Suzume, Pom Harajuku & Antonio Honda - TJPW Wrestle Princess IV 10/9
One of the best uses of Honda's comedy in ages, Pom's complete lack of elegance horrifying NEO Biishiki-Gun, and of course Sakisama and MSM wrapping up things in TJPW (Sakisama longs for her palatial French estate) on a high note.

HM: Nyla Rose vs. Maki Itoh - TJPW Wrestle Princes IV 10/9

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

This is the kind of chemistry I expect from two massive shitposters.

HM: Rika Tatsumi (C) vs. Max The Impaler (C) for the International Princess & NWA World Women's Titles - TJPW Wrestle Princess IV 10/9
The protagonist of the world vs. a movie monster. Hell yeah.

HM: Mizuki (C) vs. Miyu Yamashita for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW Wrestle Princess IV 10/9
These two beat the poo poo out of each other, goddamn.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 9, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Strong Style vs. Yuji Nagata, Shota Umino & Master Wato in Best of 7 Match 7 - NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku 10/9
Loved how this all wrapped up, and the postmatch was a great bonus.

HM: Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Tomohiro Ishii (C) vs. Motor City Machine Guns & Josh Alexander for the NEVER Openweight Trios Titles - NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku 10/9
Okada, Tanahashi & Ishii's chemistry clicking into place from a storyline POV took this to a whole other level. Go ACE!

HM: Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs. YOH vs. Speedball Mike Bailey for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku 10/9
Best match of the night and should have been the main event.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku October 9th
MOTYC
Hiroshi Tanahashi and CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Kazuchika Okda) (c) vs Josh Alexander and Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Titles
Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs YOH vs Mike Bailey - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title

HM
Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors and Drilla Moloney) (c) vs Intergalactic Jet Setters (Kevin Knight and KUSHIDA) - IWGP Jr Tag Titles
Bullet Club War Dogs (Alex Coughlin and Gabe Kidd) (c) vs Guerillas of Destiny (El Phantasmo and Hikuleo) - IWGP Tag Titles

Fun show, everything was at least solid until the main event

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Strong Style vs. Yuji Nagata, Shota Umino & Master Wato in Best of 7 Match 7 - NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku 10/9
Loved how this all wrapped up, and the postmatch was a great bonus.

HM: Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Tomohiro Ishii (C) vs. Motor City Machine Guns & Josh Alexander for the NEVER Openweight Trios Titles - NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku 10/9
Okada, Tanahashi & Ishii's chemistry clicking into place from a storyline POV took this to a whole other level. Go ACE!

HM: Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs. YOH vs. Speedball Mike Bailey for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku 10/9
Best match of the night and should have been the main event.

Nth all of this

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal vs. Aussie Open, RoH on HonorClub 3/23

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Hiroshi Tanahashi and CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Kazuchika Okda) (c) vs Josh Alexander and Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Titles

HM
Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors and Drilla Moloney) (c) vs Intergalactic Jet Setters (Kevin Knight and KUSHIDA) - IWGP Jr Tag Titles
Bullet Club War Dogs (Alex Coughlin and Gabe Kidd) (c) vs Guerillas of Destiny (El Phantasmo and Hikuleo) - IWGP Tag Titles

I'll Nth these.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

NJPW Destruction in Ryogoku - 10/9

MOTYC:
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tomohiro Ishii, & Kazuchika Okada (c) v. Motor City Machine Guns & Josh Alexander for the NEVER Openweight 6-man Titles

HM:
Bullet Club War Dogs (Clark Connors & Drilla Moloney) (c) v. Kevin Knight & KUSHIDA for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles
David Finlay (c) v. Tama Tonga for the NEVER Openweight Title
Hiromu Takahashi (c) v. YOH v. Speedball Mike Bailey in a Three-way Match for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title

WMOTYC:
Chase Owens v. Tanga Loa

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom: Nagoya Golden Fight 10/9

MOTYC: MIRAI vs Momo Watanabe. Absolutely unreal. These 2 are so good on their own and absolute magic together. For a long time I thought I knew what my women's match of the year was going to be but it's suddenly not clear at all.
HM: AZM vs Saori Anou
HM: Syuri vs Mina Shirakawa

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM

Agreed

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
24th September
Dragongate Storm Gate Night 12
BIG BOSS Shimizu vs Yuki Yoshioka
Watch this here

Allllllllmost caught up on DG now. Just 3 shows to go...

HM
10th September
New Japan Road To Destruction Night 5 Blue Justice XIII ~Segisaikai~
Master Wato, Shota Umino & Yuji Nagata vs Strong Style (El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki & Ren Narita)
Watch this here

HM
19th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory 2023 Night 5
N-1 Victory B Block
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Yuma Anzai
Watch this here

Meanwhile I am absolutely no where near to catching up with NOAH. The N-1 has not been particularly good at this, the half-way point. Kinda disappointed with Yuki Yoshioka's run in it & some of the foreigners like Adam Brooks have just not been good at all. Fortunately angry kick man & plucky underdog babyface are here.

MOTYC
2nd September
DDT Rojo Pro Wrestling
37KAMIINA (Toi Kojima & Yuki Ueno) & Kazuki Hirata vs Chris Brookes, HARASHIMA & Saki Akai vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Yuki Iino & Yuki Kamifuku) vs Sanshiro Takagi, Shinya Aoki & Takeshi Masada
Watch this here

It's pretty stupid in the best way, a falls count anywhere 4 way in an amusement park. There's a bit too much Pheromones but on the whole it's very fun

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
MOTYC

Hiroshi Tanahashi and CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Kazuchika Okada) (c) vs Josh Alexander and Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Titles
- Yeah this rocked. No notes.

HM
SANADA(c) vs EVIL - IWGP World Heavyweight Title
- People will hate on this but Red Shoes flipping off EVIL, Uemura countering Everything is EVIL with an enzuigiri and setting up a Shining Wizard, and the correct result earns it a nod from me.

David Finlay(c) vs Tama Tonga - NEVER Openweight Title
- Cool finish.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Crapple! posted:

Stardom: Nagoya Golden Fight 10/9

MOTYC: MIRAI vs Momo Watanabe. Absolutely unreal. These 2 are so good on their own and absolute magic together. For a long time I thought I knew what my women's match of the year was going to be but it's suddenly not clear at all.
HM: AZM vs Saori Anou
HM: Syuri vs Mina Shirakawa

Nth. I wasn't sure MIRAI was quite ready for a white belt run but she's been a fantastic champion.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lily Catts posted:

HM
SANADA(c) vs EVIL - IWGP World Heavyweight Title
- People will hate on this but Red Shoes flipping off EVIL, Uemura countering Everything is EVIL with an enzuigiri and setting up a Shining Wizard, and the correct result earns it a nod from me.

That spot wasn't enough to get it to HM for me but made the match fun to watch in the end!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

That spot wasn't enough to get it to HM for me but made the match fun to watch in the end!

Yeah honestly from that point on to the finish it was a good match. Shame that there were like 20 minutes before that.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Kotaro Suzuki vs. Atsuki Aoyagi, AJPW Excite Series 2/4
MOTYC: Yuma Aoyagi vs. Kento Miyahara, AJPW Excite Series 2/4

HM: Emi Sakura vs. Athena, RoH on HonorClub 3/30
HM: Blake Christian vs. Hijo del Vikingo, same show

HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Kyle Fletcher, AEW Collision 10/7

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Chihiro Hashimoto vs. MIRAI, Stardom 2/4

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Komander vs. Eddie Kingston, AEW Collision 10/7

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MOTYC: Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi) (c) vs. Voodoo Murders (Jun Saito & Rei Saito) - AJPW Tag Title Match - AJPW Oct 9

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Eddie Kingston vs. MInoru Suzuki, Dynamite Pre-Show 10/10

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Swerve Strickland, Dynamite 10/10

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Nth, hell yeah

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

yes.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Adam Page vs. Jay White, Dynamite 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009