Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Feranon posted:

No one will ever outrank Meenah. She is simply the highest there is. :colbert:

Uh I'm pretty sure that's Gamzee you just descibed

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

Mazerunner posted:

Uh I'm pretty sure that's Gamzee you just descibed

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES:

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

Well at least we can take heart in the fact that Erisolsprite hasn't exploded yet, so if Sollux does get epilepsy-beamed to death he won't be completely permadead. I am worried about Feferi and Nepeta though. :ohdear:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I just find it funny in general that Tavros, Sollux, Feferi and Nepeta are willing to take their chances getting blown up by Lord English than stick around any longer with Vriska. Shows how much they think she's flown off the handle with her selfishness. Not that it should be surprising that she wants to come back to life.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Serket Emotional Trough and/or Maximum Tantrum Overdrive incoming in 5...

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Bobulus posted:

c) His conversation with Aradia has convinced him that the trolls are too crazy to bring back to life and he's decided to stay silent on the matter for the time being.

You know, I've been wondering. How is John really going to react when he sees Karkat again? Dave says they'll be buddies but after this recent deathscapade what if he doesn't really feel comfortable around trolls anymore and just brushes Karkat off?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Maybe the ring John has isn't the ring of life- could the shattering ring in paradox space be it, with what we assume to be Calliope at the center? After all Aranea says the rings are "said to look almost identical" but goes on to say this:

ARANEA: The Ring of Life has a very different story.
ARANEA: I have found no reports of an origin to this ring at all. Like many magic artifacts, it may not even have one which is comprehensi8le.
ARANEA: Earliest reports I have read would suggest it was first discovered 8y some travelers in a desert, and like its sister ring, has changed hands repeatedly since.

So maybe Aranea has a good grip on what the ring of void looks like from being dead forever and such. But if the 'ring of life' is metaphorical and not actually a physical object:

Vriska started her ghost-caravan in the desert. Control of the explanations (and I'd say the expedition itself) has shifted back and forth several times, even her managing to appoint people who outranked her, because sorry Serket, as much as I love you, you are a sucky captain.

A) Things don't look like metaphors, they are abstract by definition.
B) The panel literally showed two gold rings. This is not difficult.
C) what the gently caress are you even talking about

CONCLUSION: you are overthinking this. They're two gold rings, Roxy had the Ring of Void, John had the Ring of Life. That's it. That's all there needs to be.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

How in the gently caress would the shattering ring in paradox space change hands repeatedly?

That's not exactly what I said. I said control of the ship (and thus the ring path) has been a matter of contention on the ship, so if the ring in paradox space is the same one our ghost pirates are creating with the destructo-path through paradox spacce, whoever is currently in charge of the expedition/leading/having story time could have the ring and thus have it 'change hands' to them without wearing it when someone new took over.

I may be overthinking things, but it was just an idea that occurred to me. I am obviously totally out of left field though, because Homestuck tells us everything, very literally, all the time, and shows us in the same manner, and we always know exactly what's going on, always.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Line Feed posted:

You know, I've been wondering. How is John really going to react when he sees Karkat again? Dave says they'll be buddies but after this recent deathscapade what if he doesn't really feel comfortable around trolls anymore and just brushes Karkat off?

John's been in more of a moody teen during timeskip anyway, hard to say at this point, but I'd imagine Dave would call him out on it if that happened. Especially when Karkat isn't really comparable to most of the trolls, since despite his violent rhetoric he's probably the character that most genuinely cares about those around him.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I probably spent entirely too long on an avatar nobody is going to buy, but I don't care. It's the first time I used the content-aware fill tool on a final product!

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
I was wondering when Tavros was going to start being good again. His smeagol poo poo was weirding me out but he's finally got his awkward, stammering, spine back.

Sure hope he doesn't get double murdered.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Honestly, I'm amazed he's managed to fly as high as he has and survived. I was honestly expecting some out of the blue death for him the very next panel.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Popo posted:

Honestly, I'm amazed he's managed to fly as high as he has and survived. I was honestly expecting some out of the blue death for him the very next panel.

Nah, Tavros already had his Icarus moment. (See: his death)

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn

Popo posted:

He's going to fly up away to the (green) sun like a loving piece of garbage.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

DaveKap posted:

I probably spent entirely too long on an avatar nobody is going to buy, but I don't care. It's the first time I used the content-aware fill tool on a final product!

AT: sEE YOU LATER, sHITLORDS,

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

President Ark posted:

AT: sEE YOU LATER, sHITLORDS pOOPMASTERS,

I mean, really.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I've done it. I've created the perfect fusion of TF2 and Homestuck. :allears:

e: vvv Yeah, i wish. But oh well. :(

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 26, 2013

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Dorroile posted:

I've done it. I've created the perfect fusion of TF2 and Homestuck. :allears:

If only you could change the date.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Of course Sollux would have two ladies.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Nepeta had to fill in since Aradia is staying behind.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

I'm wondering who else found the Easter egg.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Aww lookit you go Tavros, starting your own revolution. :allears:

Every Other Koos
Mar 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Given John's misgivings about Vriska's whole crusade, and other crewmen voicing the same thing, it's tempting to say that Hussie is becoming more Dolash-like. But Hussie can't "become" anything. More accurately, there is more Dolash influencing Hussie than there once was.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Action Shakespeare posted:

Aww lookit you go Tavros, starting your own revolution. :allears:

And who said ask-blogs were a bad thing?

Also, Koos... If only our meetings weren't so brief. :allears:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Koosposts are great. It's like traveling through the desert and being accosted by an insane hermit who intermittently jumps out of sand dunes to speak a parable at you, then disappears as suddenly as he appeared.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Good on John for thinking this through, at least a little.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
John's just keepin' it real, kids.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every Other Koos posted:

it's tempting to say that Hussie is becoming more Dolash-like.

So he's becoming even more verbose? God help us all.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god he's found them oh wait thats the inside of skull island, phew.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Quick, Meenah! Say something funny and fish-related because this is too real.

E: also no idea what Dolash is

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 27, 2013

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Aradia certainly has a talent for off-putting faces lately.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

John telling it like it is.

I do wonder if the ring evokes a certain possessiveness, though. Like the One Ring that it's a parody of. Both Tavros and John have been rather clingy about it. Both in character-justified ways, but still.

Of course, much like Frodo Baggins, it's only someone extremely doofy and pure-hearted that can resist the ring, and then, only for a certain amount of time.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Look at that smile on Aradia's face! She really is whacked, isn't she?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Surprisingly satisfying update, again. John's really come a long way from the days where it seemed nothing bothered him and he wouldn't speak up about anything.

Vriska being told she's too dangerous is like her one big button so way to hit the nail on the head about her lack of development, too. She didn't really have a case for getting the life ring and her immediately harping on their connection to try and guilt it out of John was pretty low too.

Now Tavros and the others just need to get away cleanly before Lord English shows up and blasts the bubble to bits!

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

WAR FOOT posted:

Quick, Meenah! Say something funny and fish-related because this is too real.

Meenah's gonna give John a good pronging now. Because we aren't allowed to know what the weapon is yet, and neither is John.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It'll be interesting if she does - All the trolls apart from Aradia have turned their backs on John (At least where he is now. Karkat's probably okay with it.)

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

Aradia certainly has a talent for off-putting faces lately.

Line Feed posted:

Look at that smile on Aradia's face! She really is whacked, isn't she?

She's just drinking up all this delicious drama.

Plom Bar posted:

Meenah's gonna give John a good pronging now. Because we aren't allowed to know what the weapon is yet, and neither is John.

John will get instantly put back to sleep by Empress Meenah the moment he wakes up. Teen Meenah can just keep stabbing him over and over again until it somehow stops being fun.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

edit: Oh, hey, it was just pointed out to me that Vriska again had a confrontation on the edge of a cliff with someone she likes. At least this time she didn't try to hurl John off.

Dolash posted:

Vriska being told she's too dangerous is like her one big button so way to hit the nail on the head about her lack of development, too. She didn't really have a case for getting the life ring and her immediately harping on their connection to try and guilt it out of John was pretty low too.

See, I read that differently. One of Vriska's personality bits that keeps coming up is that she really cares about having friends. Behind the bravado, her self-esteem isn't actually that great, and she needs the reinforcement of an equal to keep her from doing the kind of poo poo that she's doing right now. The problem is that she's loving terrible at making or keeping friends or even understanding what a friend is. Look at her interacting with Aradia. She was convinced she and Aradia were friends that had had a falling out (Aradia didn't seem to think they were ever friends in the first place) and that fixing the damage she'd done to Aradia (giving her a robot body to replace the body she killed) would instantly fix things.

John was the only person she was willing to open up to, and it was because he was safe. He was a universe away and extremely nonjudgemental. She cares what he thinks of her!

So I read her trying to part ways as friends as a true move of desperation, but not to get the ring, but to actually get John to visit again.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 27, 2013

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Seriously, John, stop making hand motions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Action Shakespeare posted:

Seriously, John, stop making hand motions.

John doesn't like to make enemies with people, even if they have a ghost butt.