Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
The deep mechanical implications of Monoma's quirk basically guarantee they will never be explored. This ain't HxH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Libra posted:

Twice's quirk is completely absurd but it is balanced by the fact that it belongs to Twice.

I actually think that its pretty much impossible to use the Cloning Quirk to full extent without basically becoming Twice. To do all the fun, society-breaking overpowered stuff with Cloning you have to clone yourself. Each time you clone yourself, there is a real risk that you will lose track about who is the original and who is a copy. Once you lose track of that, every copy will begin thinking it's original (or at least that you are not the original), directly leading to situation Twice ended up in, and you either dying or becoming seriously hosed up, mentally and emotionally, exactly like Twice.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The answer is for every Twice to punch themself and see if they turn to gloop.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
My question was more along the lines of "If Twice doesn't know that Hawks is a double agent, would the clone that Twice makes know he's a double agent?" Or in other words, how deep are the copies, and how much do they depend on what Twice knows?

But also yes, Twice's power is bonkers and the only thing holding him back is his instability and the relative lack of durability of each copy. I'm not actually sure his instability was inevitable, either. The thing that made being the original so important was how he lorded his status as the original over his copies. So they grew resentful and tried to take the throne, as it were. It's the trauma of living though that mutiny against himself that really hosed him up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

My question was more along the lines of "If Twice doesn't know that Hawks is a double agent, would the clone that Twice makes know he's a double agent?" Or in other words, how deep are the copies, and how much do they depend on what Twice knows?

But also yes, Twice's power is bonkers and the only thing holding him back is his instability and the relative lack of durability of each copy. I'm not actually sure his instability was inevitable, either. The thing that made being the original so important was how he lorded his status as the original over his copies. So they grew resentful and tried to take the throne, as it were. It's the trauma of living though that mutiny against himself that really hosed him up.

I don't think it matters what Twice knows, the clones will be identical to the original at the time they are "registered".

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Well that's the problem; up until MVA, Twice was terrified of the answer to that question.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Do Twice clones age?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The level of damage required is equal to breaking an arm iirc which is a bit of a bigger ask

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All they need to do is join a theater then.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nonexistence posted:

The deep mechanical implications of Monoma's quirk basically guarantee they will never be explored. This ain't HxH.

The deep mechanical implications of every quirk will never be explored because Mina would instantly be one of the most dangerous heroes in existence and we can't have that

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Eej posted:

The deep mechanical implications of every quirk will never be explored because Mina would instantly be one of the most dangerous heroes in existence and we can't have that

No let's explore this I'm starved for Mina content

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

:golfclap:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

It's clear what we need:

A MVA side arc to parallel the festival arc where the Liberation army puts on a festival to improve their public image and Twice performs a "one" man rendition of various plays in the style of the Tragedians from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vgwGpzPstM&t=40s

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Monty Python But Everyone Is Twice

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

NikkolasKing posted:

One thing that gets totally overlooked in the series is the Nomu. They have to be the single cruelest and most hosed up things we've seen from AfO but they don't get much attention at all. The USJ Nomu was some low level criminal, maybe a bottom rung underling of AfO, who he turned into this mindless abomination..That's what all Nomu are but our heroes don't seem to reflect on these poor tortured human beings. I have to wonder how many are still "alive."

Sorry for making pretty much the same post again, but :allears:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Sorry for making pretty much the same post again, but :allears:

I only sporadically follow the anime thread so I for one appreciate the importing of takes for us to enjoy :allears:

Shirakumo :negative:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
imagine caring about the heroes more than the LoV

imagine caring at all about that gaggle of dopey smiling bores

if it wasn't for bakugo there'd be nothing worthwhile about those putzes at all

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That seems like an indirect slight at Mina and I can't go for that. :colbert:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

That seems like an indirect slight at Mina and I can't go for that. :colbert:

it also hurts me to slight tokoyami in such a way but they're forever doomed to be background characters so drat the lot

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I liked My Villain Academia a lot, but given that Shigaraki has remembered his past, Twice has gotten over his trauma, Spinner finally drank the Kool-Aid, and pretty much everyone is all aboard the Shigaraki Train To The Apocalypse, I'm not terribly interested in their POV anymore because there's not really any interesting story left to tell from their perspective.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I can't remember if this has been expounded on yet, but I want to know if Twice ever measured Magne, and, if so, has some reason he can't bring her back right now (beyond psychological reasons).

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Kanos posted:

I liked My Villain Academia a lot, but given that Shigaraki has remembered his past, Twice has gotten over his trauma, Spinner finally drank the Kool-Aid, and pretty much everyone is all aboard the Shigaraki Train To The Apocalypse, I'm not terribly interested in their POV anymore because there's not really any interesting story left to tell from their perspective.

We still don't know Compress's backstory...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Junpei posted:

We still don't know Compress's backstory...

The dude is either going to have the most mundane backstory or the most hosed up one.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i said it forever ago but anyone who wears a ski mask under their normal mask as casual attire HAS to be super hosed up

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Compress is All For One. :tinfoil:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Speaking of Compress, anyone else notice how one of his advisors has a lightning bolt streak in his hair like Kaminari?

The Kaminari traitor theorists are going nuts over him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Speaking of Compress, anyone else notice how one of his advisors has a lightning bolt streak in his hair like Kaminari?

Kaminari doesn't have elf/goblin ears tho

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kild posted:

Kaminari doesn't have elf/goblin ears tho

We haven't actually seen his ears

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

We haven't actually seen his ears

his character profile

from the latest chapter

what?

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 30, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I stand corrected

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhonne posted:

Clearly it's just Harry Potter. Because Compress is a magician, you see.

He also has a forehead scar. Forehead scar + lightning bolt = Harry Potter.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rhonne posted:

This is an incredibly loud character design.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Professorjuggalo posted:

i said it forever ago but anyone who wears a ski mask under their normal mask as casual attire HAS to be super hosed up

Personally hoping that he wears a domino mask under his ski mask.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Libra posted:

Personally hoping that he wears a domino mask under his ski mask.

It's like that gag in the Johnny Bravo/Scooby Doo crossover where Compress just has an endless series of implausible masks on.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I can't remember if this has been expounded on yet, but I want to know if Twice ever measured Magne, and, if so, has some reason he can't bring her back right now (beyond psychological reasons).

Has Twice ever copied anyone without being in the presence of the original or an existing copy? While he needs measurements etc I don’t think they replace the need to have whoever he’s copying to hand.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

He conjured up a bunch of clones of his buddies while he was rescuing Giran, some of them were pretty confused about it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
He also created a Compress clone during the Overhaul arc, around the time Irinaka gets smashed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The anime thread is not the manga thread. :v:

I should probably unfollow that one so I don't make that mistake again.

Rhonne posted:

This guy looks like he could be an Ace Attorney character.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers showing up: Some of the UA students are actually with the front line groups. Multiple groups have surrounded Ujiko's hospital, PLA locations, etc. The heroes make their move to arrest the known PLA sympathizers like Slide n Go and Ujiko himself. Shigaraki is apparently about a month away from completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There is an amazing panel this week