Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Cisneros, I have no idea if you still post here, but if you do I need something from you. Your old Adam Morrison avatar "tell me who did this to you" always made me laugh really hard and I need you to update it for the modern era with this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Spacebump posted:

Summer league to NBA addicts is similar to resin hits for potheads. Not what they actually want, kind of gets the job done, and ultimately not as good as what they really want.

I love this comparison

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The real thing to do in the summer is go see a drew league game with fat baron Davis presiding over his court

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's now solidly in the >20 ppg and <.100 WS/48 club. Andrew Wiggins says hello

he spoils my viewing experience more than any straight loss with untalented players would. It makes me very angry to watch and over the next several days I intend to use many mathematical methods, film clips and essays to convince Lockback that he loving sucks now and kills a team and will only grow worse and worse. He deserves the reputation Harden got for defense. He normally doesn't try and when he does he makes the wrong decisions and he is also on something like a 0/25 streak for lategame "clutch" shots.

edit: for clarification "he" is Melo. Lockback doesn't loving suck he's cool. I forgot that English reassigns pronouns so readily I apologize this is not my first language

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 13, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

TildeATH posted:

EvanTH is already collecting a list of offensives to read out against the corpse.

I know this is a bit ago but this is slanderous and I want it to be known that I have no interest in seeing the Great Traitor Durant posthumously drawn and quartered and that sort of thing has no place in the modern NBA.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

he spoils my viewing experience more than any straight loss with untalented players would. It makes me very angry to watch and over the next several days I intend to use many mathematical methods, film clips and essays to convince Lockback that he loving sucks now and kills a team and will only grow worse and worse. He deserves the reputation Harden got for defense. He normally doesn't try and when he does he makes the wrong decisions and he is also on something like a 0/25 streak for lategame "clutch" shots.

When I was watching KP during the early parts of his NBA career I remember seeing Carmelo passing to him in a somewhat generous way, which I hadn't seen him do in years. Some of them were good passes. Very good passes that I forgot that Carmelo had the ability to make. Instead of making me happy and hopeful it kind of made me angry cuz it reminded me that Carmelo could be 10x the player that he is, it just seems like he's made a conscious decision to not do helpful things on the basketball court. I'm on your side.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

one of my dreams after i become rich and famous and get a job that has things like "vacation" is to go to summer league with my cool NBA G/V posting friends

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

petition to rename the NBA Summer League the Powerade League

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The play-in round of The Basketball Tournament starts on Saturday.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

When I was watching KP during the early parts of his NBA career I remember seeing Carmelo passing to him in a somewhat generous way, which I hadn't seen him do in years. Some of them were good passes. Very good passes that I forgot that Carmelo had the ability to make. Instead of making me happy and hopeful it kind of made me angry cuz it reminded me that Carmelo could be 10x the player that he is, it just seems like he's made a conscious decision to not do helpful things on the basketball court. I'm on your side.

He throws absolute bullets, like Wow I don't know if anyone in the league but LeBron can make that pass. He has some of the best fast hands in the league on defense. I know this because he will show it off once every three games. You've described exactly why I hate him and he needs to stop holding my team hostage

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
What happened to blaming the knicks for giving a gimp max and giving the Cavs a quarter of their team?

I mean, if Carmelo had an internal, eternal burn like a maladjusted person, he wouldn't have stuck around with that loser franchise

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EvanTH posted:

edit: for clarification "he" is Melo. Lockback doesn't loving suck he's cool. I forgot that English reassigns pronouns so readily I apologize this is not my first language

I'm also open to arguments why I loving suck.

Melo is an ISO player and that is not fun to watch, but it still has value. I actually do want him to leave New York since he doesn't help that team at all, but could make another team better. He's probably not a star player anymore though and I don't know if he'd take a smaller role.

Femur posted:

What happened to blaming the knicks for giving a gimp max and giving the Cavs a quarter of their team?

I mean, if Carmelo had an internal, eternal burn like a maladjusted person, he wouldn't have stuck around with that loser franchise

Ian Sjumpert is the worst

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Ian Sjumpert needs a title, a thread title

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if we are complaining about bad non title changes can whoever didnt make the offseason thread title IMAGINE: JR WITH DA RING shoulda been old yellered

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
As a Pacers fan I think Melo rules and can't thank him enough for what he's done to the Knicks. He also helped to provide one of my favorite Pacers playoffs memories; Melo getting stuffed by Roy Hibbert who I'm not even sure is in the league any more LOOOOOL

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Time posted:

Ian Sjumpert needs a title, a thread title

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Hot take about extending series and ad revenue:

The NBA knows that there is basically a limited amount of revenue and advertising dollars, and fan enthusiasm and that while a 7 game series temporarily gives shots to them, that its just borrowing it from somewhere else. A seven game series is exciting because it isn't normal. If it was normal, fans are not going to be so excited for it, advertisers are going to pay less per game, etc.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Congrats to the Warriors for winning the most Bitchmade championship ever!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
G:
V:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dont let the fact that the warriors just won a championship let you forget that they blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 nba finals despite having te first unanimous MVP

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Warriors came out and played.

:hist101:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Shear Modulus posted:

dont let the fact that the warriors just won a championship let you forget that they blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 nba finals despite having te first unanimous MVP

god drat right

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Very Excited for Cavs/Warriors #4 next year! What a shocker, Chris Paul going to the Cavs on a vet minimum deal. #wow.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
JaVale McGee: NBA Champion

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The emptiest of rings

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Guess not....

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Welp well played warriors. Even if the refs were totally biased in your favor I.E. not ejecting finals MVP David West

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Metapod posted:

The emptiest of rings

Pretty sure Durant doesn't care, and it won't be remembered that way 5 years from now anyway

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
...I knew I forgot something was on tonight.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this team is the kind of team that we won't see for another 20 years, truly unstoppable and won't be appreciated in their time

not even a Warriors fan, but I think this was a great run and I love seeing history as it happens

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What finals team in the last twenty years could beat these warriors? I don't think anyone stands a chance.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What finals team in the last twenty years could beat these warriors? I don't think anyone stands a chance.

2000 Lakers. Who would stop Shaq?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

'14 Spurs or '12 Heat would be good series, but GSW is better.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

according to the people on those teams, all of them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

13-14 spurs or an iteration of the shaq/kobe lakers
e: or the 11-12 heat (before wade died)

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .
Even all the Warriors are bringing up adding KD.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Holy poo poo, Kerr played Patrick McCaw over Ian Clark. Good for the rookie! Always my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

TBeats posted:

2000 Lakers. Who would stop Shaq?

Just run him off the court?

• Locked thread