Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Tubgoat posted:

Was that the one where the playmat featured a goblin and his racially-diverse sex slave harem?

NO. What playmat is that.....?

GP Charlotte was Jace looking at a journal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
If it wasn't that one, then I dunno, but there was HELLA uproar over the playmat I described, designed for a Grand Prix, somewhere in the eastern half of the US. It was pulled before distribution after pictures of it were published online and a couple folks were like :pervert: and everyone else who saw it were like :stonk:. I am not about to try finding pictures of this playmat at work.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Tubgoat posted:

If it wasn't that one, then I dunno, but there was HELLA uproar over the playmat I described, designed for a Grand Prix, somewhere in the eastern half of the US. It was pulled before distribution after pictures of it were published online and a couple folks were like :pervert: and everyone else who saw it were like :stonk:. I am not about to try finding pictures of this playmat at work.

Oh god I know exactly which playmat you're talking about but I can't find pictures of it anywhere.

Edit: NEVERMIND!

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
GP Indy?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Does everything Pastimes touch turn to poo poo?

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
Somehow I am not remotely surprised that it was pastimes.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Wow, Pastimes has had their finger on the pulse of being dogshit at everything for quite some time now.

Makes me feel less bad for lying and telling them to mail me an extra promo Batterskull for GP Chicago a couple years ago.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Such unbridled forethought and planning! It's the perfect playmat for a hobby whose participants are accused of being sexist.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

just rust posted:

Wow, Pastimes has had their finger on the pulse of being dogshit at everything for quite some time now.

Makes me feel less bad for lying and telling them to mail me an extra promo Batterskull for GP Chicago a couple years ago.

I did the same thing, despite being a patron for a short period. Living like 10 minutes away had its' perks I guess.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Count Bleck posted:

Oh god I know exactly which playmat you're talking about but I can't find pictures of it anywhere.

Edit: NEVERMIND!

I went that tournament wondering what they participation playmat was going to be once they announced that it was going to be pulled. The image they ended up using was of Havengul Lich.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Star Man posted:

I went that tournament wondering what they participation playmat was going to be once they announced that it was going to be pulled. The image they ended up using was of Havengul Lich.

Also sexy af

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

GoutPatrol posted:

Also sexy af

she's not wearing anything

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The smug dragon on the floor really brings that image together.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The smug dragon on the floor really brings that image together.

I was gonna go with the lady going Super Saiyan.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
I threw my name in the hat to do WOTC coverage, but they passed. NOW I WILL NEVER GET TO HEAR YOU GUYS YELL AT ME FOR BEING THE WORST COMMENTATOR EVER </3

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

En Fuego posted:

I threw my name in the hat to do WOTC coverage, but they passed. NOW I WILL NEVER GET TO HEAR YOU GUYS YELL AT ME FOR BEING THE WORST COMMENTATOR EVER </3

I didn't know [Rich Hagon/Randy Buehler] was a goon.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
How does one submit their name for commentatorship?

Oh heck, do you need to be good at Magic: The Gathering? :ohdear:

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
CRAP DOUBLEPOST SORRY

En Fuego fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 22, 2016

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Serperoth posted:

I didn't know [Rich Hagon/Randy Buehler] was a goon.

Close. I am, in fact, their clone-child.

Tubgoat posted:

How does one submit their name for commentatorship?

I have a history with radio/WoTC. Friends put in a good word for me, but I doubt it actually went anywhere.

Edit: Crap, sorry, double-post.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

Tubgoat posted:

Have you ever watched their commentary? They had Sheldon Menery, a person who hasn't played a non-EDH format since Mirrodin, doing it for a while.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Oh, well, I should be fine then. No one who's as terrible at EDH as Sheldon is should be given any platform to commentate on Magic.
Does WotC abide his "no tuck" rule? 'Cause that's some straight up bull, it's the only reason to ever target a general with Chaos Warp or Hinder.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Tubgoat posted:

Oh, well, I should be fine then. No one who's as terrible at EDH as Sheldon is should be given any platform to commentate on Magic.
Does WotC abide his "no tuck" rule? 'Cause that's some straight up bull, it's the only reason to ever target a general with Chaos Warp or Hinder.

It's been in the Comprehensive Rules for over a year now, so I'm going with "yes, they approve".

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Minority Deport posted:

Have you ever watched their commentary? They had Sheldon Menery, a person who hasn't played a non-EDH format since Mirrodin, doing it for a while.

yeah but letting Sheldon cast a GP is worth a lot of Sheldon Points

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Minority Deport posted:

Sheldon Menery of "Sylvan Primordial and Prophet of Kruphix are definitely too powerful but cards like Necropotence, Sol Ring, Yawgmoth's Will, and Mana Crypt are totally fine" fame?!

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Elyv posted:

Sheldon Menery of "Sylvan Primordial and Prophet of Kruphix are definitely too powerful but cards like Necropotence, Sol Ring, Yawgmoth's Will, and Mana Crypt are totally fine" fame?!

Prophet is way more degenerate in a format where playing it basically means you get 4 turns every turn.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Prophet is banned in edh now? Good, it warped multiplayer edh so bad that once one went down, the game devolved to who can take it the longest (if even possible)

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Tonetta posted:

Prophet is banned in edh now? Good, it warped multiplayer edh so bad that once one went down, the game devolved to who can take it the longest (if even possible)

Yes. I'm now waiting for Tooth and Nail to get banned.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
EDH will always be the worst.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

Just a heads up goons, I'm probably going to try to run another MTGO Pauper Thunderdome in a week or so. Drake will be banned and there's a very good chance Delver will be too. Let me know if you're interested.

I will absolutely play and also sign off on both of these bans. Also ban angler thanks.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Gurmag Angler is an extremely fair card in Pauper

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Foreskin Problems posted:

should have made it 4/5, to make it worse in the mirror.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Death Bot posted:

should have made it 4/5, to make it worse in the mirror.

Then tasigur would be strictly better in modern.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
What's everyone's opinion on the Jeskai Nahiri control deck in Modern? Here to stay? Flash in the pan? Match-ups?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Entropic posted:

EDH will always be the worst.

my multiple esper prison decks agree

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Foreskin Problems posted:

Agreed. You don't see random black decks just running Anglers against their normal gameplan, just because two of them can blind flip and win.

keeblerdrow
May 4, 2004
Still not king, damnit.
So I was flipping through my Standard binders putting cards back in preparation for the new set's brewing and I noticed and then remembered this little guy.

Think this might be something that could put a flash/flying deck over the top in UWx? Hell, maybe even UW? It's the closest we'll get to a spirit lord for now, I think.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Buffing Masoleum Wanderers is not nothing, and it having flash plays nicely with the rest of the deck.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Yeah, a 2/3 flash Flyer Lord is pretty solid. It'd be way better as a 3 drop but even at 4 mana that's probably still standard playable.

It doesn't trigger on some of the other Spirits Matter cards like Nebelgast Herald, but I don't know that there's anything that does the job better.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

AlternateNu posted:

What's everyone's opinion on the Jeskai Nahiri control deck in Modern? Here to stay? Flash in the pan? Match-ups?

I have yet to see any evidence that it's actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I can't tell if we're being ironic or not but I'd be alright with an Angler ban to shakeup the format.

gently caress it, ban Mulldrifter too.

• Locked thread