Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Yeah them being statues makes it even easier, I thought that Jaguar holding the axe might be poseable,which would be killer shelf-fodder.

Well the SH Figuarts Singular Point JJ has been teased so…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Well the SH Figuarts Singular Point JJ has been teased so…

Lmao don't tempt me my goon, your sofubi posts already have killer stuff like this

Popping up on my insta, which I absolutely would support (this colorway is sold out thank goodness)

I gave the artist a follow while I wait to see what else he creates.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

This isn't a toy exactly but it's one of the coolest things I ever saw, and I feel like everyone here would appreciate it.

This guy built a perfect miniature replica of Howl's Moving Castle, mostly out of recycled plastic packaging. When I say miniature, it comes out roughly the size of a dog.

Incredible skill and ingenuity at work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDQ-sDDqWvk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’m incredibly tempted by that Hiya Toys 1/18 scale Robocop 2 Cain. I’ve always loved that design, and it’s not $1200 like the last one.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

I’m incredibly tempted by that Hiya Toys 1/18 scale Robocop 2 Cain. I’ve always loved that design, and it’s not $1200 like the last one.

Whoa whoa, where can I buy one?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Xenomrph posted:

Whoa whoa, where can I buy one?

BBTS, not sure where else

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

1/18? That seems like a strange scale. Is it a common one? I'm used to things being 1/6, 1/12, 1/20 & 1/24

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1429799169825312773

Should we do the OG Street Sharks that haven't been made in like 25 years? Nah, do ones we never made, and charge $75 each for them.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

That piranha guy looks like a Sam & Max character

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

1/18? That seems like a strange scale. Is it a common one? I'm used to things being 1/6, 1/12, 1/20 & 1/24

Seems common for import stuff. Those Acid Rain and similar lines are all 1/18 too. Hiya also does injustice in 1/18.

it's like 90s GI Joe (with the rubberband crotches) in size.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Seems common for import stuff. Those Acid Rain and similar lines are all 1/18 too. Hiya also does injustice in 1/18.

it's like 90s GI Joe (with the rubberband crotches) in size.

Ahh ok that makes sense (in both why I am unfamiliar with the particular scale and why it is somewhat common). Thanks!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tim Whatley posted:

Should we do the OG Street Sharks that haven't been made in like 25 years? Nah, do ones we never made, and charge $75 each for them.

Allegedly the originals will be a retail release in 2022.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I find it interesting that these are painted akin to the sofubi figs we've seen in the thread recently. I remember the old figs being painted fairly differently.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are these real, real early prototypes or will they just not have more than the 5 POA that the old figures had?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Streetshark figures have an odd shimmer that reminds me of the old Playmantes toon figures.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/tylergilfoster/status/1429601393657061381?s=20

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

obligatory "I'm the joker baby"

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Baby figure stuff is so loving weird. Especially monster baby figures.

edit holy poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/LYTrules/status/1429615315378266112?s=20

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

^^^I like the chibish stuff like Nendoroids and Egg Attack, but the straight baby stuff is...not for me.

So I am falling down a sofubi rabbit hole. I assume it doesn't have it's own thread?

Gatos, do you have any resources for making your own you could point me to?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah, I was hoping for something more akin to what they did with MOTU and Origins, or perhaps redesigned and modernized figures. Those would have been instant buys for me. These are neat and all, but I'm not THAT huge of a fan to pay $75 a pop for these that are effectively a continuation of the previous line.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

75USD is not jawesome at all

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

^^^I like the chibish stuff like Nendoroids and Egg Attack, but the straight baby stuff is...not for me.

So I am falling down a sofubi rabbit hole. I assume it doesn't have it's own thread?

Gatos, do you have any resources for making your own you could point me to?

The only route I can point you to making your own is getting in contact with Mile High Sofubi in Denver. Getting to work with a company in Japan is very much the route of introductions and making connections in a long roundabout manner that involves building relationships over time. I know that there are Chinese manufacturers as well but I don't know anything about them. And yeah I just came to this thread because there is no sofubi one. Maybe I should make one? It wouldn't really fit in BSS though I think. Honestly I'm not sure where it would go.

Also: footage of the SH Monsterarts Godzilla Ultima prototype from a recent toy show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZfgv1IsJsE

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Nerd Of Prey posted:

This isn't a toy exactly but it's one of the coolest things I ever saw, and I feel like everyone here would appreciate it.

This guy built a perfect miniature replica of Howl's Moving Castle, mostly out of recycled plastic packaging. When I say miniature, it comes out roughly the size of a dog.

Incredible skill and ingenuity at work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDQ-sDDqWvk

Quoting this...Studson is one of the dopest channels on YouTube and I know that's what this is without even clicking

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The only route I can point you to making your own is getting in contact with Mile High Sofubi in Denver. Getting to work with a company in Japan is very much the route of introductions and making connections in a long roundabout manner that involves building relationships over time. I know that there are Chinese manufacturers as well but I don't know anything about them. And yeah I just came to this thread because there is no sofubi one. Maybe I should make one? It wouldn't really fit in BSS though I think. Honestly I'm not sure where it would go.

Also: footage of the SH Monsterarts Godzilla Ultima prototype from a recent toy show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZfgv1IsJsE

Neat, thanks for the info. I'd be down for a sofubi or "art toy" (I hate that term) thread. It went from something I knew nothing about to instagram follows and wanting to try my own hand at it.

Shoehorn it into BSS with :https://news.toyark.com/2014/01/23/medicom-reveals-sofubi-vinyl-dc-comics-figures-112043 haha. The cigar thread is in Ask / Tell...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Medicom has also made Marvel and Star Wars sofubi in that style as well. The only one I really wanted was the Boba Fett haha

edit: it would be nice to have a Collector's subforum.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 23, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I made a post in QCS requesting a Collector's Subforum here. If people could chime in with support for the idea it might lead to good things. :buddy:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would love that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ditto, I just posted in support of it in the QCS thread.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As did I.

I'm already thinking of thread ideas!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

As did I.

I'm already thinking of thread ideas!

You can only have one MOTU thread

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

You can only have one MOTU thread

YOURE NOT MOD YET

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Rad idea, posted in the QCS thread too. Only thing I'd be sad about is having everybody disperse into their own separate threads in the forum and in turn it could get lonely.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Louisgod posted:

Rad idea, posted in the QCS thread too. Only thing I'd be sad about is having everybody disperse into their own separate threads in the forum and in turn it could get lonely.

Yeah, tbh I kinda prefer just having the one big thread because there’s a lot of stuff people post in here that I’d never even be aware of if I just stuck to threads specifically about what I already collect.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, tbh I kinda prefer just having the one big thread because there’s a lot of stuff people post in here that I’d never even be aware of if I just stuck to threads specifically about what I already collect.

Oh for sure, but at the same time I don't think that having a subforum would make this thread go away. I think it would allow for people to get more granular about things but I don't think I'd stop posting here either (I only happen to stumble upon it in April).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most of the wide interest forums have chat threads for that kind of thing too.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Posted in support of the subforum! Hopefully that way we can get a vidya game figure/statue thread and I can post about burning my money on this Apex's League of Legends stuff.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

Posted in support of the subforum! Hopefully that way we can get a vidya game figure/statue thread and I can post about burning my money on this Apex's League of Legends stuff.

Yeah I hope we get it because I'm really interested in seeing what people make threads about.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'd like to start a Pokemon TCG thread, my kids and I have gotten into collecting some newer cards these last couple years and I'd love to both see others' collections and get some trades going.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Agrias120 posted:

I have a lot of statues and poo poo, I think a statue thread could be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Definitely a props/prop replicas thread.