Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

visceril posted:

Exactly. They trim the fat from the books and now you want them to add more characters. What thread am I even reading

Who gives a poo poo. What is wrong with you? Why are you posting ~thread purity~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

visceril posted:

Kill you are self,

Who gives a poo poo. What is wrong with you? Why are you posting ITT if you care so much about ~book purity~

this is the book thread actually

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't see what that has to do with poo poo.

Also I really don't get book purists, if you like the book so much, read it.

Why you want the exact same thing in movie form is beyond me.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Lycus posted:

I'm sure they don't plan on doing that.

Have they introduced all of Doran's children in the show yet? Trystanne/Quentyn shows up in one episode walking around with Myrcella but is Arianna cut?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

420 Gank Mid posted:

Have they introduced all of Doran's children in the show yet? Trystanne/Quentyn shows up in one episode walking around with Myrcella but is Arianna cut?
HBO has described Trystane as the heir to House Martell, so both Quentyn and Arianne appear to be cut.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

420 Gank Mid posted:

Book Arianne is super cut w/ big boobs & butt, according to Grrm

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Arianne is cut because the writers decided they didn't want to push Indira Varma into the background.

Quentyn is cut because nobody gives a poo poo about Quentyn.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lycus posted:

Arianne is cut because the writers decided they didn't want to push Indira Varma into the background.

:froggonk:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lycus posted:

Rhaegal is going to poo poo Quentyn.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking of Dorne, I don't know how it was decided that they should be Scottish in Roy Dotrice's AFFC, but I love it.

At any rate, I just finished relistening to that book, and while some interesting things happen there's just so much dross.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

420 Gank Mid posted:

I have a feeling they will manage to fold Bran's story somewhere into the season by episode 8 or 9 where they will probably manage to show Bloodraven on screen for a few seconds, especially if they actually plan on keeping the Blackfyre/Aegon plot.

They did that already last season

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Rannos22 posted:

They did that already last season

Yeah, and if they dont do it again, who is going to even remember that guy by April 2016 when season 6 premiers?

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

420 Gank Mid posted:

Yeah, and if they dont do it again, who is going to even remember that guy by April 2016 when season 6 premiers?

Oh I see, I thought you meant like introducing him.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I think it's entirely possible we never see Bran again and we only see his influence through animals/wildlife/trees moving through him.

It's not really effective writing to have the ultra powerful tree god be a POV character.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mike N Eich posted:

I think it's entirely possible we never see Bran again and we only see his influence through animals/wildlife/trees moving through him.

It's not really effective writing to have the ultra powerful tree god be a POV character.

So the rest of the series will be from Bran's pov?

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp
quentyn is actually riding a dragon back to dorne as we speak. quentyn gets viserysys. victarion gets ragar. dany gets drogon.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't see what that has to do with poo poo.

Also I really don't get book purists, if you like the book so much, read it.

motherfucker, there is nothing to read.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

hobbesmaster posted:

So the rest of the series will be from Bran's pov?

What if the entire series is already from Bran's POV?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skrill.exe posted:

What if the entire series is already from Bran's POV?

What if the series is told from Jon's POV, trapped in ghost, related it to Bran via Tree magic, who is sending it via Obsidian Morse Candle to Sam in oldtown...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Like, what if we are all Bran, and like, Bran is all of us?

Really makes you think, man.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Guys cheer up...

http://thrivewire.com/stories/why-we-should-forgive-george-r-r-martin-for-the-long-wait-before-book-6

https://youtu.be/uPvL-n6KG8k

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some loving sycophant posted:

it’s not about the endpoint; it’s about the journey.

loving die

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Winds of Winter will be written by Joe Abercomie and be good.

Basileus777
Jun 13, 2013

InFlames235 posted:

Maybe they made that reveal in the show because they're cutting the oldtown plot? Wouldn't surprise me, seems they're cutting a ton of other plots from the books.
I don't think there is much reason to doubt that Oldtown is completely cut from the show.

420 Gank Mid posted:

I have a feeling they will manage to fold Bran's story somewhere into the season by episode 8 or 9 where they will probably manage to show Bloodraven on screen for a few seconds, especially if they actually plan on keeping the Blackfyre/Aegon plot.
There's not a chance in hell the convoluted Blackfyre stuff is in the show even if Aegon makes it in, which he probably won't.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You know that the world is a steaming pile of poo poo when Elio and Linda have had two AMAs.

Q: What is it like to have dedicated your lovely lives to a lovely website about an extremely lovely book series from the shittiest author?
A: 'Least we're not black.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
D&D have said repeatedly in recent interviews that Season 6 is the beginning of the end for the show, it's just a matter of whether that end comes in Season 7 or they push it into an eighth season, which they seem pretty hesitant on doing, given how squeamish you can feel them getting whenever any interviewer asks them about going beyond 7. And it's Screenwriting 101 that you don't introduce new major characters or plotlines in the Act 3 of your 3 act play. That's the kind of poo poo that's getting GRRM in so much trouble lately; he keeps introducing useless plots which the show is, mercifully, tearing out root and stem.

If I ever see Oldtown show up on the intro map, I'm throwing a shoe at the TV.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 17, 2015

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Aurain posted:

You know that the world is a steaming pile of poo poo when Elio and Linda have had two AMAs.

Q: What is it like to have dedicated your lovely lives to a lovely website about an extremely lovely book series from the shittiest author?
A: 'Least we're not black.

'This chapter is controversial because it doesn't allude to a hosed up pairing dreamed up by disturbed individuals wherein a 13 year old girl is in love with a violent killer twice her own age, which is somehow romantic'.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
He should've saved exploring non-Tyrion/Jon/Dany areas for another series set in the same world. Dumbass could've made way more money that way too

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So, just to recap, they eliminated the entirety of AFFC and ADWD... except for Dany dicking around in Meereen.

:frogbon:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
So, the question is, does this mean they're not cutting "Sunset found her..."?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

So, just to recap, they eliminated the entirety of AFFC and ADWD... except for Dany dicking around in Meereen.

And probably the parts of Feast where Cersei repeatedly makes the worst decisions which lead to her own downfall.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hey at least the King's landing stuff is there. Only Meereen gets two whole seasons though.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Timett posted:

And probably the parts of Feast where Cersei repeatedly makes the worst decisions which lead to her own downfall.

Didn't she already start that with the Sparrows tough? They will turn on her soon I'd say.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

*~*Daario*~* is so dreamy though. If you knew him, you'd totally spend 2 seasons hanging out and listening to him being the rational, level-headed man even though Iain Glen is hotter.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Iain Glen isn't on Orphan Black, though.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

So, the question is, does this mean they're not cutting "Sunset found her..."?

Emilia Clarke isn't going to take a dump on TV.

A substitute series that will be more true to the source material is being filmed in Brazil

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Dr qq posted:

i hope bran sounds like vin diesel on his return just a wicked deep and harsh bass voice

Bran is literally going to be Groot, I'm pretty excited for that.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

visceril posted:

Emilia Clarke isn't going to take a dump on TV.

A substitute series that will be more true to the source material is being filmed in Brazil

she'll have a grunt double to do it for her

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I thought the first 3 episodes were OK (but not excellent), but episode 4 was just abrupt event after abrupt event. The conversation with the sand snakes was especially exemplary of this. We've never seen these characters before, they were mentioned by other characters maybe once, and now we're somehow supposed to ascribe some kind of weight to them resolving for war. Except as far as I know these guys are the Dornish equivalent of some Bundy Ranch militia, so why do I care? And then we emphasize how "badass" the one is by having her chuck a spear through a guy's head for no particular reason. Yay, I will surely look forward to seeing these random people kill other people for no reason.

On the flip side, I think Jon Stark executing Slynt was played really well. I think we got a really good sense of all the conflicting thoughts and motivations Jon has to battle with in that scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

visceril posted:

I'll start the goonfunding thread

e:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

she'll have a grunt double to do it for her