Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

RealFoxy posted:

If you're just playing ARAM and bots get Jhin and do nothing but build movespeed Jhin

The sequel is just as good if not better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

I..... agree.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I really want to do that now.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Important NA update:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Sexpansion posted:

Important NA update:

gently caress yeah that's my boy. 👨🏻‍🍳👌

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Important NA update:

shout out to the big dick club.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Elman posted:

I don't know what it's like here, but back in Dota this was the worst cause half the playerbase had no idea how to play from behind. The moment a match went slightly wrong at the start they started sabotaging themselves, playing like they were ahead and getting punished for it, only to blame their allies afterwards. "I did this incredibly greedy thing in other matches and it worked out, it must be your fault that it didn't work this time".

My guess is that you are experiencing a situation when players are going on tilt.

This will never change. Players will always go on tilt at any ranking if they are sufficiently goaded enough by any kinds of factors. This happens commonly in Platinum, Diamond, and even Master/Challenger if some high elo twitch streams are to be believed. The only thing you should worry about as a player that wants to improve is focusing on your own gameplay and not the pubbie teammates and opponents that change every single game.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

actually laughed out loud amazing

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Addamere posted:

actually laughed out loud amazing

This one has been posted in Discord chat a few times, you really missed it?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont view discord much

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

7.20 notes are out, which features the Evelynn rework. Runes are still being worked on and won't be out for another patch or two, but there's some decent QoL stuff in there for a few champs. Glad they're finally knocking Coin down to being the properly weakest of the starting options. I'm almost positive that Spellthief's inherent MP5 will now beat out Coin in terms of pure gains, and the extra 5 AP is welcome.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 10, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Sexpansion posted:

Important NA update:

Aaand he lost it

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Looking for a holiday gift for that toxic Yasuo main in your life? Riot games has you covered.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
riot needs to admit they're bad at support design and revert ancient coin from restoring mana back to restoring health

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Those notes make me want to both play more TK, and also more Triforce -> Sterakk's dudes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMTt8W5wDMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItHpkU2xZRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSjZmzwrhl0

The Victor skin looks so much like Yorick at a glance. What happened to fun Halloween skins?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Venuz Patrol posted:

riot needs to admit they're bad at support design and revert ancient coin from restoring mana back to restoring health

They just need to give supports infinite Mana.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

SystemLogoff posted:

They just need to give supports infinite Mana.

No, I don't think so

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RealFoxy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMTt8W5wDMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItHpkU2xZRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSjZmzwrhl0

The Victor skin looks so much like Yorick at a glance. What happened to fun Halloween skins?

i actually hate fun

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Any skin that isn't funny or ugly is trash.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

henkman posted:

No, I don't think so

7.21 patch notes:

[NEW] ( we're looking at you, healers!) All champions currently listed as a support now only gain 80% of all received bonus health. In addition, health per level has also been reduced by 20%.

[NEW] By the way, here's a new Blitzcrank skin.: All champions affected by the previous change are now manaless.

[NEW] Maybe next patch, Sheriff. Beep boop. Caitlyn attack speed per level: 4% -> 2%

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Any skin that isn't funny or ugly is trash.

these new skins are pretty great then yeah

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Elman posted:

Do they at least know how the game's supposed to work?

I don't know what it's like here, but back in Dota this was the worst cause half the playerbase had no idea how to play from behind. The moment a match went slightly wrong at the start they started sabotaging themselves, playing like they were ahead and getting punished for it, only to blame their allies afterwards. "I did this incredibly greedy thing in other matches and it worked out, it must be your fault that it didn't work this time".

ya they know a shitload more than bronze players, but their opponents know a lot more too and force the same frequency and magnitude of mistakes as every other relatively even match. somewhere in bronze you get really funny things like taking a break at the nexus to go take wolves or whatever but for the most part the mistakes look and feel the same

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The biggest difference between divisions, aside from mechanics, is having the game knowledge to capitalize on a broader and broader series of mistakes by the enemy team. "The enemy just overdove us at turret" is a mistake that's very, very easy to recognize, and even a novice player can probably capitalize on it. "The enemy is unconsciously out of position in lane, and I can punish them for free," is something that usually takes more skill to recognize and to not get baited in by. At the top levels, you get poo poo like Apdo's TF vs. Fizz guide, where he correctly predicts that Fizz is going to get poo poo on in lane because he does a single autoattack on a single minion at the start of laning phase. If the only mistakes you can capitalize on are egregious blunders, you're unlikely to get much higher than maybe mid Plat, because the frequency of extremely obvious errors goes down considerably, and you have to rely more on exploiting poor positioning, gaps in information, bad wave management, or dumb macro play.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Like Verv said, the higher you go the more aware they are of screwing up but they're still prone to screwing up, albeit in a different way. I find those games end a little more decisively as opposed to meander about but I know there are plenty of stupid as hell full clowncar endings to games up there.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
gently caress the Korean server and gently caress Asian internet

The distance I live from the Korean servers is like from Memphis to Chicago, but I still get 125-150 ping awesome packet loss like this

https://webmshare.com/play/VJKD3

I literally get 150 ping from Tokyo to Chicago and have WAY better packet fidelity.

Don't move to Asia.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Teikanmi posted:

gently caress the Korean server and gently caress Asian internet

The distance I live from the Korean servers is like from Memphis to Chicago, but I still get 125-150 ping awesome packet loss like this

https://webmshare.com/play/VJKD3

I literally get 150 ping from Tokyo to Chicago and have WAY better packet fidelity.

Don't move to Asia.
Do you think it might have something to do with living across a body of water or nah

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Vermain posted:

The biggest difference between divisions, aside from mechanics, is having the game knowledge to capitalize on a broader and broader series of mistakes by the enemy team. "The enemy just overdove us at turret" is a mistake that's very, very easy to recognize, and even a novice player can probably capitalize on it. "The enemy is unconsciously out of position in lane, and I can punish them for free," is something that usually takes more skill to recognize and to not get baited in by. At the top levels, you get poo poo like Apdo's TF vs. Fizz guide, where he correctly predicts that Fizz is going to get poo poo on in lane because he does a single autoattack on a single minion at the start of laning phase. If the only mistakes you can capitalize on are egregious blunders, you're unlikely to get much higher than maybe mid Plat, because the frequency of extremely obvious errors goes down considerably, and you have to rely more on exploiting poor positioning, gaps in information, bad wave management, or dumb macro play.

every mistake is an egregious blunder

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RealFoxy posted:

Do you think it might have something to do with living across a body of water or nah

And yet playing at peak hours NA time and going across the entire loving Pacific yields a great experience, I can't even get a decent game at 8AM on a Wednesday morning going across 100 km of water between Japan and Korea

I'm playing exclusively on NA next season, I've decided.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Verviticus posted:

every mistake is an egregious blunder

I'm using "egregious" to mean "flagrant" or "glaring," in this case. Certain mistakes (the enemy's overdove and has tower aggro; one guy has dove way deep into your team with no support) are very clearly mistakes to nearly everyone playing, and they'll respond appropriately to it. Other mistakes (wave management errors, warding deficits) are far less obvious and require superior game knowledge to recognize and capitalize on. Someone who's not at Apdo's level of game knowledge will see Fizz starting to push and begin to push back against him; they'll respond in kind and not recognize an error for an error, because it's an extremely subtle one (a single habitual autoattack at the start of laning phase). Apdo, however, recognizes the opportunity, capitalizes on it, and shuts Fizz almost completely out of the game off of a single good decision.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Just left a game and I don't even feel bad.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Mikujin posted:

I get way more satisfaction from leaving or inting than actually losing.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Max Coveri posted:

I get way more satisfaction from leaving or inting than actually losing.

I got a key fragment when the game completed. System works as intended.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Anyone have any tips or guides on how to control minion waves? I often get advice that has to do with freezing or pulling waves, but I'm not sure how to do it effectively.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bleck posted:

Anyone have any tips or guides on how to control minion waves? I often get advice that has to do with freezing or pulling waves, but I'm not sure how to do it effectively.
This is something that's not going to matter a whole lot until high elo.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mikujin posted:

Normal or ranked

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Teikanmi posted:

Normal or ranked

Ranked. :getin:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Teikanmi posted:

I'm playing exclusively on NA next season, I've decided.

Cut the Western poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Good

• Locked thread