Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
remember when the President held a press conference with a "dope on the table" assortment of folders full of blank papers as a prop :laffo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Boner Pill Connoisseur posted:

dril-shanley-trump is the id-ego-superego of modern america mindset, tho I'm unsure of the precise order there

lol are you kidding trump is clearly the id and dril is equally obviously the superego, shanley I'm not familiar with but compare:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/626508731073867776

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

drat, I wish I saw this a few months ago when I was making my Paladin of the Revolution.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
it's been a great year for bitcoin

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

For now on I'm going to imagine an infinite cosmic war between the hegelian geist and the invisible hand of the market for control over the universe.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Teal posted:

For now on I'm going to imagine an infinite cosmic war between the hegelian geist and the invisible hand of the market for control over the universe.

Didn't Smith believe the hand literally belonged to God? Seems his criticism would be more apt there.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The proud and unfeeling landlord views his extensive fields, and without a thought for the wants of his brethren, in imagination consumes himself the whole harvest ... [Yet] the capacity of his stomach bears no proportion to the immensity of his desires ... the rest he will be obliged to distribute among those, who prepare, in the nicest manner, that little which he himself makes use of, among those who fit up the palace in which this little is to be consumed, among those who provide and keep in order all the different baubles and trinkets which are employed in the economy of greatness; all of whom thus derive from his luxury and caprice, that share of the necessaries of life, which they would in vain have expected from his humanity or his justice...The rich...are led by an invisible hand to make nearly the same distribution of the necessaries of life, which would have been made, had the earth been divided into equal portions among all its inhabitants, and thus without intending it, without knowing it, advance the interest of the society, and afford means to the multiplication of the species. When Providence divided the earth among a few lordly masters, it neither forgot nor abandoned those who seemed to have been left out in the partition.

holy poo poo, what a loving moron

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Teal posted:

this is the Plot of smash bros

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Gripweed posted:

The proud and unfeeling landlord views his extensive fields, and without a thought for the wants of his brethren, in imagination consumes himself the whole harvest ... [Yet] the capacity of his stomach bears no proportion to the immensity of his desires ... the rest he will be obliged to distribute among those, who prepare, in the nicest manner, that little which he himself makes use of, among those who fit up the palace in which this little is to be consumed, among those who provide and keep in order all the different baubles and trinkets which are employed in the economy of greatness; all of whom thus derive from his luxury and caprice, that share of the necessaries of life, which they would in vain have expected from his humanity or his justice...The rich...are led by an invisible hand to make nearly the same distribution of the necessaries of life, which would have been made, had the earth been divided into equal portions among all its inhabitants, and thus without intending it, without knowing it, advance the interest of the society, and afford means to the multiplication of the species. When Providence divided the earth among a few lordly masters, it neither forgot nor abandoned those who seemed to have been left out in the partition.

It really fails to account for human pettiness, doesn’t it? That same landlord could just stockpile everything, consume just enough for himself, and let everything else rot. His vassals could all starve and die and he’d starve and die afterward himself, but there’s nothing actually stopping him from doing it, and we’ve seen it happen in real time over and over. Especially if the harvest isn’t perishable, like money

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Gripweed posted:

English landlords in Ireland in the mid 19th century: “hold my beer”

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/1069981507949752320

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

can i get a "hat wobble"?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

All national highways will have random lane closures on Thursday in honor of George Bush

All public employees will be locked out of their work email accounts on Friday in honor of George Bush

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is america

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
Dasha J. Trump, Jr.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

R. Guyovich posted:

the bruenigs aren't bad because they're catholic

yes they are

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Female McConnel is just Angela Merkel :vince:

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Should have been
Terrorism
Homosexuality
Arson
Communism
Onanism

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Retromancer posted:

Should have been
Terrorism
Homosexuality
Arson
Communism
*Occultism

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

merry christmas everyone

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Handed Missus posted:

merry christmas everyone

wow look at these brave Bushes #resisting that Dastardly Drumpf

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/kyono_iyashi/status/1069793440412524544

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcp3tZ3XFyQ

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

This is what it was like for Stalin dealing with his personality cult.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

thank you for posting something adorable and calming in hellworld, ive got to step away from this place

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNARtUfgGts

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
c-spammiest pics: now what the gently caress is this?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/fivefifths/status/1070146850676707329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry