Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I wouldn't have it any other way. How am I going to figure this poo poo out on my own?

I just started Yakuza Kiwami, and dude keeps getting framed every single game, I hope it turns into a running gag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

I wouldn't have it any other way. How am I going to figure this poo poo out on my own?

I just started Yakuza Kiwami, and dude keeps getting framed every single game, I hope it turns into a running gag

If you bet on Kazuma Kiryu not getting hosed over by everyone around him you'll become very poor very quick.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
If you're afraid that Kiryu could change, boy do I have some good news for you.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

First thing I'm noticing is that the controls work perfectly without me having to change any keybinds or switch to a qwerty lay-out. How did they mess this up for Infinite Wealth, which was released five years later

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Are you playing a Yakuza game with a keyboard???

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

kazil posted:

Someone post the image

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Claim a key speedrun any%:

Decei?e Inc https://store.steampowered.com/app/820520/Deceive_Inc/ 2CPAL-TYAML-P3?Y0

Autonauts vs Pirat?bots https://store.steampowered.com/app/1907720/Autonauts_vs_Piratebots/ 0T64N-QQA6T-5?7K3

The ?ale Beyond https://store.steampowered.com/app/1266030/The_Pale_Beyond/ ER5T4-M4A?Z-L08NG

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

kazil posted:

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Someone post the image

Say the line, bart!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I wish I could say I switched the audio track to English to be even more heretical, but I don't think you can actually do that in this one

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

https://x.com/rockpapershot/status/1790084724850896999?s=46&t=Yc8UbT5ow_wv5Fa1IW4MdA

Finally! A good video game!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Grabbed this one, it's been on my wishlist for awhile. Thanks!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Guessing there's no reason to play if if you've already played RDR2 tho.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Squiggle posted:

Kiryu knows how to buy Hitman I can tell you that much

Helping a troubled father to buy the correct Hitman version to his son is one of the substories in Like a Dragon Gaiden.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Kennel posted:

Helping a troubled father to buy the correct Hitman version to his son is one of the substories in Like a Dragon Gaiden.

But that was Joryu

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mordja posted:

Guessing there's no reason to play if if you've already played RDR2 tho.

Ooh no, RDR1 takes place after the events of RDR2. Its totally worth playing, the story is really good. The sad part is that the multiplayer will likely be missing, RDR1 Online is superior to RDR2 in every single way.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat I would love a way to finally play Undead Nightmare.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I fuckin love the Mysterious Stranger bits of RDR1. Just the possible literal devil turning up to have a nice chat with you.

"If you don't answer I won't be held responsible for my actions!"
"Oh, you will. You will be held responsible."

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I think I would like to try RDR1 again. It gets really bogged down once you travel to Mexico and do all sorts of quests for a bunch of jerks, but I think the first part of the game is really good. The Mexico setting is actually really cool too, I just think the missions and story were terrible at that point in the game.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Rusty posted:

I think I would like to try RDR1 again. It gets really bogged down once you travel to Mexico and do all sorts of quests for a bunch of jerks, but I think the first part of the game is really good. The Mexico setting is actually really cool too, I just think the missions and story were terrible at that point in the game.

I think RDR1 suffers most of all Rockstar's games pre- GTAV/RDR2 from the problem that as they move you around the map to get you to the different mission areas, the story just abandons characters and locations. I really enjoyed hanging about on the ranch in the first chapter of the game, and then those characters are just abandoned never to be seen again. GTAV solves this problem by having the main character be three characters and consciously expanding to use the whole map for most of the game so you revisit and get familiar with locations. RDR2 solves it by having the camp and bringing most of the cast with you for most of the game even as you abandon characters linked to particular locations. This is something I hope they lean more into in GTA6 - keep the world real, keep characters around.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Alchenar posted:

I really enjoyed hanging about on the ranch in the first chapter of the game, and then those characters are just abandoned never to be seen again.

Give me an entire loving RDR with Bonnie MacFarlane as the main character fighting to keep her farm after her father passes.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New free stickers from the replayability fest: https://store.steampowered.com/category/endlessly_replayable

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Flair posted:

New free stickers from the replayability fest: https://store.steampowered.com/category/endlessly_replayable

I know they keep doing these but man I miss old school steam effort

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Alchenar posted:

I think RDR1 suffers most of all Rockstar's games pre- GTAV/RDR2 from the problem that as they move you around the map to get you to the different mission areas, the story just abandons characters and locations. I really enjoyed hanging about on the ranch in the first chapter of the game, and then those characters are just abandoned never to be seen again. GTAV solves this problem by having the main character be three characters and consciously expanding to use the whole map for most of the game so you revisit and get familiar with locations. RDR2 solves it by having the camp and bringing most of the cast with you for most of the game even as you abandon characters linked to particular locations. This is something I hope they lean more into in GTA6 - keep the world real, keep characters around.
Yeah, this nails it. You completely cuts ties with an interesting story and are thrown in to a bad one. It has a memorable moment in the transition though, too bad it ended up being the high point of the game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think everything except the story is better in RDR1 to me, 2 got way too far into the sim side of things for me to want to play it again, but RDR1 was pretty goofy in the way a lot of westerns were and the zombie DLC was actually pretty great and interesting as far as zombie things go. I'd definitely pick it up on PC so I don't have to keep my 360 around for much more.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I bought it during the last sale and regret it. Genuinely one of the worst arpgs I have ever played, only slightly above Darkspore.

The only saving grace is the stark tone they go for with the cinematics. All the actual game stuff is either rote or a huge step backwards. Bland skills, environments, monsters, dungeon layouts, itemization, bland everything. Frequent hiccups due to the always online stuff that adds nothing to the experience. It commits the arpg sin of having a map that reveals entire regions at a time instead of uncovering the path you actually took, so you have no way to keep track of unexplored areas.

If you already have Game Pass maybe it's worth installing.

it's ok, by the time Diablo 5 rumors are starting to sprout up, the Diablo 4 team will have relearned what users found fun about Diablo 3 and Path of Exile 1, carving out a little niche for themselves, just in time for massive industry-wide scorched earth layoffs once The Free Market burps, farts or hiccups! success!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Upsidads posted:

I like the themed mini-sales. They still have the quarterly big sales too.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Upsidads posted:

I found a naked, unleveled Salien on my profile.. poor dude

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/NightMargin/status/1790134137895932217

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they forgot the ring

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Glad someone saw all these colons in game titles and decided to skip the middleman.

Efb

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Squiggle posted:

Kiryu knows how to buy Hitman I can tell you that much

However reaching this point took a substory, a shoehorned in fight with some nearby punks, and a very special lesson learned

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
rdr1 is basically a tour through major subgenres in westerns so the episodic cast/locales make sense even if mexico is a bitter shaggy dog story. it's also way more arcadey than the sequel so it still warrants playing on its own merits

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Steam Thread: real Yakuza don't post like this

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

rdr1 is basically a tour through major subgenres in westerns so the episodic cast/locales make sense even if mexico is a bitter shaggy dog story. it's also way more arcadey than the sequel so it still warrants playing on its own merits

I honestly genuinely enjoy the arcadey nature of RDR more than the sim nature of RDR2, but that may partially because RDR2 takes for-loving-ever to get out of Horse Balls Mountain and to the fun.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Homeworld 3 just released.

Well, I think? I went to bed last night and woke up just now to people having 19+ hours in the game and leaving a shitton of negative reviews. Maybe there was a private beta before the release? Dunno.

The reviews lambasting it for being a soulless schlockfest is disappointing, yet unsurprising.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Internet Explorer posted:

Steam Thread: real Yakuza :justpost:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Serephina posted:

Homeworld 3 just released.

Well, I think? I went to bed last night and woke up just now to people having 19+ hours in the game and leaving a shitton of negative reviews. Maybe there was a private beta before the release? Dunno.

The reviews lambasting it for being a soulless schlockfest is disappointing, yet unsurprising.

It had an early release period and apparently the campaign is like 6-8 hours long so some folks already beat it.

The biggest issue seems to be the campaign story is kinda whatever. Which wouldn't be a problem for generic sci fi RTS game #33, but is kinda a major issue for Homeworld 3, the third Homeworld.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Homeworld seems like a cursed IP.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/ryugagotoku/status/1790034274353401919?t=nP_rBrBeSJYV2_JV4Z3LRQ&s=19

Cant believe that post was made on Majima's birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Internet Explorer posted:

Homeworld seems like a cursed IP.

Pretty much. The game had a complete story arc ending in a solid resolution, there really isn't any point in flogging that narritive dead horse. The best thing is just to take the name IP name and make something totally different/new, but that type of creative freedom isn't what corporate wants.

Homeworld's aesthetic and space-mechanics are still hugely influential in other titles, just... not the namesake.