Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TT81o4hL4c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

hi liter posted:

You guys should check this out when you get the chance:

http://100photos.time.com/

100 photos from your high school history textbook

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

100 photos from your high school history textbook

Yea I figured that was kind of the point. Photos which have a historical resonance.

Props to Bradley Cooper's PR people for getting his selfie onto this list lol.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Jackie O makes it into 3 of these, I still do not understand that generation's obsession over this particular privileged white person

This project seems more like a Time/Life nostalgia piece celebrating their bygone relevance

hi liter posted:

Props to Bradley Cooper's PR people for getting his selfie onto this list lol.

Bradley Cooper is cool though :allears:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
around the place i live, there are some streets

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Dean Koontz, not even once

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I like these both a lot.

Thought I forgot about you thread? :)

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

An art is born

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies

VendaGoat posted:

I like these both a lot.

Bristol; November 2016 by dunos, on Flickr

Bristol; November 2016 by dunos, on Flickr

dunos fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 27, 2016

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Reverence by Bradley Mowery, on Flickr

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Untitled by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Back of head infraction, please.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Hong Kong by Zrave, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
I am very glad to see that this thread is still 99% trash. Learn how to use that delete button, bruh :snoop:

_DSF6238.jpg by Anthony Shade, on Flickr

:snoop:

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Bristol; December 2016 by dunos, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Musket posted:

I am very glad to see that this thread is still 99% trash. Learn how to use that delete button, bruh :snoop:

_DSF6238.jpg by Anthony Shade, on Flickr

:snoop:

take your own advice :snoop:

edit: bruh :snoop:

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 3, 2016

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Awkward Davies posted:

take your own advice :snoop:

edit: bruh :snoop:

E:
"Is 'Dunning-Kruger Effect' a Photoshop plugin?"

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Dec 4, 2016

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Thread definitely needs more backs of heads.

Kiyomizu-dera by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Im the ipad taking a family photo

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

MrBlandAverage posted:

Thread definitely needs more backs of heads.

ok

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Ask and ye shall receive

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 7, 2016

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
My first attempts at Street photography. Critiques welcome.

All taken this evening in London

Ewan fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 11, 2016

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

This is really good.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Ewan posted:

looks like photos.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Ewan posted:

I guess try to find something interesting to focus on. And try to level the camera better.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

thetzar posted:

This is really good.

Thank you :) I guess I might be out of my rut (touch wood).

Ewan posted:

London is a great city for street photography because it is really easy to hide in the crowd and there are so many other people with cameras that you don't stand out. One thing that has helped me is to try to look for emotions, reactions, juxtapositions, humour and most importantly amazing light. For me I feel that your first and second photos don't offer anything particularly interesting - they may work as part of a larger project but as individual images they don't fit what I would call street photography. Your third is the best of the three as it makes me wonder why that guy at the front is wearing sunglasses at night, plus you have the woman just behind in normal glasses - but again there isn't much there that I really find of interest.

I have found looking at books and photos by Martin Parr, Bruce Gilden, David Gibson (The Street Photographer's Handbook), Alex Webb, Matt Stuart, Nick Turpin and others from the in-public collective have really helped to inspire my own photography.

Oh, and don't let anyone else tell you what you should and shouldn't photograph - you need to work out what works for you and if anyone else doesn't like it then stuff 'em.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Tested a new lens today (XF 23mm F2). Pleased with the results.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Miyajima by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Hiroshima Peace Bell by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Both London, Dec 2016

(The barrier bottom left in the second annoys me, but couldn't find a crop that kept the same framing. And it's not quite focused)

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

The lady with the ipad strikes again!

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Didn't someone in here say something about Bruce Gilden-like asshattery a few weeks ago?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaoAW9kCIQ0

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

BlackMK4 posted:

Didn't someone in here say something about Bruce Gilden-like asshattery a few weeks ago?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaoAW9kCIQ0
lol - what happened with trying to be as subtle as possible. This guy is walking around with a loving flash and a body mounted camera like some sort of cyborg pervert. What does he expect when he flashes people unwarned from 2 yards.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Ewan posted:

lol - what happened with trying to be as subtle as possible. This guy is walking around with a loving flash and a body mounted camera like some sort of cyborg pervert. What does he expect when he flashes people unwarned from 2 yards.

He expects to become internet famous for 15 minutes. I feel very uncomfortable with this technique in street photography. Gilden did it well and I feel it would take quite a leap to push beyond his style using the same technique. I feel many are now just trying to provoke a reaction, feel an adrenaline rush or be insta-famous rather than actually caring about the art behind it. I understand the argument for public places and spaces and that in many countries this is perfectly legal... but it doesn't make it morally right or justified. I was out one day and saw a photographer do exactly this to a very old lady shuffling down the street (she couldn't have been achieving more than 0.5mph at best while pushing one of those old people shopping carts). It frightened the life out of her (not literally) and you could tell the photographer was only doing it for the shits and giggles.

Anyway... this odd bit between Christmas and going back to the day job has been relatively productive:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
People like that are why so many are hesitant about street photography. Both of them are assholes.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 2, 2017

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Yoyogi Park by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

Paul by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

erephus
May 24, 2012
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Is that the great Cornholio?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005