Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

I wonder if the cabal will kill sweeper bot or if they'll let him hang out on the ship and sweep up their gorilla turds

They are rhinos, Jesus Christ dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I wonder if super/ability build up speed is artificially low right now for the beta so they can get more data on gun battles or something

There's no way they stick with 1 minute long grenade charges and 7 minute super in an 8 minute long game mode? Right? Right??

"Luke, we need to collect a bunch of data on these 7 bad guns, let's do it in a way that makes people legitimately concerned about the future of the franchise."

"Derrick, hold my beer."

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The beta is just a gunsmith weapon test but this time your contribution is mandatory and you get no prize at the end.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Derrick, hold my vape

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They are roided out halo grunts, Jesus Christ dude.

FTFY

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

moist turtleneck posted:

I wonder if the cabal will kill sweeper bot or if they'll let him hang out on the ship and sweep up their gorilla turds

When you get the end boss of the raid down to 1 health, the sweeper bot shows up and steals the kill.

So... Brutes?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like how they gave psions sniper rifles (really bad sniper rifles) to turn them into jackals.

Who's ready to have them pop out of an inaccessible door in a raid fight and kill unsuspecting guardians?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

I like how they gave psions sniper rifles (really bad sniper rifles) to turn them into jackals.

Who's ready to have them pop out of an inaccessible door in a raid fight and kill unsuspecting guardians?

They're definitely no Halo 2 jackal. Legendary difficulty :negative:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
don't even talk to me about legendary jackal snipers, in my nightmares i'm still in that sniper alley in outskirts

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

don't even talk to me about legendary jackal snipers, in my nightmares i'm still in that sniper alley in outskirts

When I take a nap in that sniper ally in Outskirts, in that nightmare I'm in that one grotto on Delta Halo.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
PvP feels a little boring. I'm just standing around with my teammates shooting one guy all at the same time.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

When you get the end boss of the raid down to 1 health, the sweeper bot shows up and steals the kill.

So... Brutes?

They already said they aren't gorillas yo

I gotta say, the lack of damage from abilities in pve seems a bit overtuned, especially with the supers. Not to mention how bullet spongey things feel, but that could still be from hopping over from end game d1 to whatever loving beta bitch build this is.

Game pretty as gently caress though

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The strike is really bad and boring since you get one ability every five minutes to use

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Such is life in this new world with no socialized light. Thanks for building that wall around the traveler, Trump.

If you want to throw a grenade you gotta find some bootstraps.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

The strike is really bad and boring since you get one ability every five minutes to use

http://i.imgur.com/cSNzq6m.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao that looks way better on your screen

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

People are goldfish. There's sooooo much salt about PVE/PVP balance right now, and people forget constantly that 1) It's a loving beta and 2) we've known they can adjust the balances individually since they tipped their hand on it in 2015/version 1.1.1:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/12607

quote:

- Increased damage against all non-Guardian combatants by 2x (100% increase)
- Reduced high-end range values
- Damage falloff starts sooner
- Reduced starting ammunition in PVP

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

People are goldfish. There's sooooo much salt about PVE/PVP balance right now, and people forget constantly that 1) It's a loving beta and 2) we've known they can adjust the balances individually since they tipped their hand on it in 2015/version 1.1.1:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/12607

yes but this stuff is philosophical

they willing chose to make the game less fun and more generic shooter X instead of cool fun space mans

the fact that this was ever even considered and that the beta was released as it is is extremely concerning, imho

i get why people would like the PvP changes but i don't have to agree with them

i still cant get over the doofuses keeping a unified PvP/PvE balance but making fireteam sizes for the activities completely distinct. so loving stupid. Make strikes/patrols 4 player at least.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Ex: Destiny 1 beta (which was much more robust, but that's another discussion) had unfun bullet sponge bosses. They fixed this after feedback. So things can and will change, which is good.

On the other hand, Destiny 1 beta was the first time they had ever put Destiny in the wild. Destiny 2 beta is after 3.5 years of Destiny 1 products and feedback. And we get a super every 6.9 minutes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I figured we wouldn't get nostalgic about the unbalanced insanity of D1 until D3 or something. Turns out we got to that point before D2 was even out.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Slownova tracking is pretty funny. Shot it dead on at the boss, who sidestepped at the last moment. Nova took a lazy circle back, boss moved, so then it said gently caress it and slowslammed its fat rear end into a pillar far behind me. Gg bungie, at least I didn't miss out on any real damage.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Waffle House posted:

I don't think people forget this E3 build of the game that we get to play is labeled "BETA" so much has everyone have a different answer to the question "How much you trust Bungie to change things people don't like". Even at release sometimes games are changed, games like Warframe have receive huge changes and expansions. Changing a game is a thing that happens. People doubt is about if this is the case here, or Bungie don't want to change from this line, if this is even a line or "lol, we mistake made light gain 0.03 % instead of 0.3 %".

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Don't get me wrong, I like balance, and maybe this is what our power is while we get used to absorbing our new light suppository before we reach full power. If I have to feel like a wet noodle, make it a pool noodle instead of spaghetti.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
lots of things are bound to change, like ability/super cool downs and things like that

The lovely difference between PVE and PVP fireteam sizes is not going to change any time soon. probably not until 2018, and that loving sucks

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This is all well and good, and I agree with all of you, but

with said plain evidence that Bungie has been able to tailor each experience, it's fallacious for anyone to think that there's a sledgehammer used to make balance passes

Maybe a bunch of tiny individual hammers?!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The flip side of this "guys it's easy to make balance changes" argument is that they didn't. This is what they gave us. There is a new, bad philosophy driving the game design and until that gets changed (which this reaction might precipitate), who cares.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
right and again i don't think anyone here is concerned about whether or not they can make the proper balance changes, we're talking about their actual design philosophy for PVE and PVP wrt fireteam size and how concerning it is for their vision of what Destiny is supposed to be like

because it looks bad

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Waffle House posted:

This is all well and good, and I agree with all of you, but

with said plain evidence that Bungie has been able to tailor each experience, it's fallacious for anyone to think that there's a sledgehammer used to make balance passes

Maybe a bunch of tiny individual hammers?!

As long as they seek like titan hammers that's cool.

It would also be fallacious to think they can fix one thing without breaking a few other things into uselessness ala health regen.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

moist turtleneck posted:

After seeing that the Taken are still going to be in the game I don't think anyone will sweep up gorilla turds either in game or not.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc posted:

It would also be fallacious to think they can fix one thing without breaking a few other things into uselessness ala health regen.

That retarded fat gently caress Hamrick better never touch D2.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You do not sweep turds, just take them

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PathAsc posted:

They can add a buff to people playing pve so they get a super regen buff. They can make weapons that drop orbs on kills, but only for no guardians. They can add orbs to the loot tables. Many things could make pve more energetic so people can use grenades and supers often.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there's practically 1:1 overlap between people complaining about ability cooldowns and people who would post stupid shotgun+shocklock melee clips ad infinitum so i'm sure the complainants will feel much better once they remember the game has guns

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

there's practically 1:1 overlap between people complaining about ability cooldowns and people who would post stupid shotgun+shocklock melee clips ad infinitum so i'm sure the complainants will feel much better once they remember the game has guns

hey here's a thought: I'm still kicking rear end with low cooldowns, people who suck loving balls aren't going to magically get better if everyone has no abilities

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I am not complaining, but add me to the list of people that always go for the cheapest strategy. I have bad aim and slow reflexes but still want to win.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tei posted:

They can add a buff to people playing pve so they get a super regen buff. They can make weapons that drop orbs on kills, but only for no guardians. They can add orbs to the loot tables. Many things could make pve more energetic so people can use grenades and supers often.

They could, yes. But they broke regen on multiple things inadvertently trying to fix one thing. I'm being cautious about being optimistic, knowing that this is an old build and things have more than likely have been iterated on helps, but I'm still not that trusting.

gently caress shotguns though, they felt like rear end then, and probably do now. A fusion in every slot.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

PathAsc posted:

A fusion in every slot.

primary 1? Fusion rifle
Primary 2? Yep, fusion rifle.
Power slot? Hell yeah, big as hell fusion

Grenade ability? It shoots fusion bolts
Melee? You guessed it, fuckin fusion

Super? One big old fuckin fusion rifle that comes out of your face

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

PathAsc posted:

A fusion in every slot.

I hope it's possible to have Fusions in every slot.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

PathAsc posted:

If I have to feel like a wet noodle, make it a pool noodle instead of spaghetti.

Maybe you're overlooked, but I'm al dente and loving poo poo up. Pasta masta.

I'm just upset I can't ADS to cancel my warlock floof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PathAsc posted:

A fusion in every slot.

This will be my new purpose in life.