Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

evilweasel posted:

the in game browser was killed because they literally are not willing to spend the money to reskin an open-source browser and keep it up to date, that is how :effort: ccp has been for years about EVE.

Wasn't even CCP, some other company was repackaging chrome with a directx pipe that could integrate into games and selling it. They went tits up. Pretty much every game that was using that browser package was just using it as a frontend for their in-game store webpage, so they weren't as worried about running an old unpatched version of chrome. It was just CCP that was looking at this as a giant security problem.

The IGB is one place where CCP are pretty blameless.

If you want a browser in eve just add it to steam and use the steam overlay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

I just checked the Pathfinder SIG recruitment thread and... is it basically the new whole squid or what? Back in the days it was just a way to share the pathfinder app among those doing explorations or looking for stratholes for some other sig but now there are talks like "what we offer/what we require" and "dank krabbing in our c5 static". :ohdear:

What if I just want to use the drat app? Am I a bad? :confused:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So, God help me, I activated the "Star Packs" I got from GMG on Kayl and Khan. Kayl I'm training toward a Rorqual, since while I'm sitting on ~30b in assets, that's enough to buy a Rorq, but it's not like I'm going to make my first act when coming back jumping in a super-expensive rock-sucker, but it does seem like a quicker way to get me the funds needed to get into an Erebus eventually.

I can't for the life of me figure out what I want to train on Khan, so I just put Interceptors V and Jump Freighters IV in queue. I've got 1.374m SP banked on Kayl and 1.475m banked on Khan.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 17, 2018

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

froody guy posted:

I just checked the Pathfinder SIG recruitment thread and... is it basically the new whole squid or what? Back in the days it was just a way to share the pathfinder app among those doing explorations or looking for stratholes for some other sig but now there are talks like "what we offer/what we require" and "dank krabbing in our c5 static". :ohdear:

What if I just want to use the drat app? Am I a bad? :confused:

The Pathfinders SIG offers some nice services (really good explo loot buyback service, regular PVE fleets, etc.) but none of it is required. The only requirement to be in the SIG is to scan a handful of signatures every month. As far as the map goes, the mapping app (named Pathfinder) does not require Pathfinders (the SIG) membership to use. However, the SIG-only map is normally reliable and well-annotated (i.e. entry/exit sig IDs, properly marking frig holes and EOL/crit holes) whereas the public alliance map tends to not be that. The SIG is also full of chill, knowledgeable people so it's a nice place to hang out. It is not hole squid.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Prop Wash posted:

The Pathfinders SIG offers some nice services (really good explo loot buyback service, regular PVE fleets, etc.) but none of it is required. The only requirement to be in the SIG is to scan a handful of signatures every month. As far as the map goes, the mapping app (named Pathfinder) does not require Pathfinders (the SIG) membership to use. However, the SIG-only map is normally reliable and well-annotated (i.e. entry/exit sig IDs, properly marking frig holes and EOL/crit holes) whereas the public alliance map tends to not be that. The SIG is also full of chill, knowledgeable people so it's a nice place to hang out. It is not hole squid.

so its not on that real poo poo

pffft pass

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Prop Wash posted:

It is not hole squid.

Now I'm interested :mmmhmm:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Prop Wash posted:

The SIG is also full of chill, knowledgeable people so it's a nice place to hang out. It is not hole squid.

Hole Squid was also full of chill, knowledgeable people up until it got shuttered, so...

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Klyith posted:

The IGB is one place where CCP are pretty blameless.

no

it was 100x easier to scan people with the in game overlay, now you need a 3rd party tool filled with viruses to have comparable efficiency

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

no

it was 100x easier to scan people with the in game overlay, now you need a 3rd party tool filled with viruses to have comparable efficiency

your post is poo poo, you are poo poo

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it does not sound like you remember love

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Addamere posted:

it does not sound like you remember love

tell me about it for 30 posts in a row

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was politely asked to stop doing that

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

politely tongue my taint from the back

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

no

lol but you trusted the website you were opening with an out-of-date chrome that was full of security holes

also does CODE seriously not have someone who can program a basic app like that?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Klyith posted:

lol but you trusted the website you were opening with an out-of-date chrome that was full of security holes

also does CODE seriously not have someone who can program a basic app like that?

you guys expect alot of unpaid labor for the love of the game lmao

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Viva Miriya posted:

this describes every mod for every game ever so

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Addamere posted:

this describes every mod for every game ever so

no like, this game in particular

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
people who like a thing sometimes invest time in it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

people who like a thing sometimes invest time in it

The objectively worse the game is, the more grognards will expend time and effort on the game

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

The objectively worse the game is, the more grognards will expend time and effort on the game

you take back that slander about my beloved morrowind

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

you take back that slander about my beloved morrowind

Morrowind is 16 years old time to

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

orange juche posted:

Take your own advice in regards to posting

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iospace posted:

Take your own advice in regards to posting

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

die, s'wit

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Viva Miriya posted:

globby makes plenty of money between bans, code has tons of isk. it don't gotta be unpaid.

heck I could do a simple thing like that in a day, and I suck at it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

i think the people who make .exe's for alliances tend to get heaps in donated isk so if you think about it you kind of are getting paid (a very tiny amount)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

orange juche posted:

Morrowind is 16 years old

Yet they keep using the engine for new games.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So I want to make sure I don't train anything superfluous - Rorqs just use drones, right? Very expensive drones, but drones.

And yes, I've got the PANIC module set to train as well.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So I want to make sure I don't train anything superfluous - Rorqs just use drones, right? Very expensive drones, but drones.

You'll also need to train up to use the Industrial Core II, thats going to set you back an additional month+

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Right, you don't need any gunnery or any poo poo like that. You can skip an extended leadership train, too, if you aren't planning on using them to support subcap miners.

You do want to have cynos, capital shield reps, capital shield tanking, and whatnot trained as well.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

How much does a single make compared to carrier ratting? I was working on a nyx alt but im thinking why not both

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Right, you don't need any gunnery or any poo poo like that. You can skip an extended leadership train, too, if you aren't planning on using them to support subcap miners.

You do want to have cynos, capital shield reps, capital shield tanking, and whatnot trained as well.

I've got Mining Director queued up simply because Kayl's got 205m SP and a full boat of leadership skills regardless. That can wait until after I've gotten everything else trained, though.

But yeah, I do have to train Industrial Reconfiguration V - thankfully I've got it plugged in and Level 1 trained, so no need to train Mass Prod V and AMP IV. I'd also imagine the 1.374m SP would be a nice chunk off the top, but no reason to use that just yet.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 18, 2018

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How much does a single make compared to carrier ratting? I was working on a nyx alt but im thinking why not both

I think you make a higher rate of return with ratting in a Nyx vs a single Rorq. But the difference is carrier ratting takes a lot of effort and micro-managing, where as Rorq mining is something you can do in a separate window as you watch Netflix. This means you are going to get bored carrier ratting a lot quicker and make less. Also you can run multiple Rorqs at once, where as it's impossible to rat in multiple supers at the same time.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Also - question for the far-off future, since I don't have forum/wiki access at the moment - does the Capswarm skillset for Titans include Phenomena Generation, or are there bound to be so many titans on the field now that only a certain subset would be mounting those?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also - question for the far-off future, since I don't have forum/wiki access at the moment - does the Capswarm skillset for Titans include Phenomena Generation, or are there bound to be so many titans on the field now that only a certain subset would be mounting those?

If you manage to get a Titan before you get wiki access please post how.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Rutibex posted:

If you manage to get a Titan before you get wiki access please post how.

I'm a good 60b shy in liquid assets from being able to commission an Erebus. As for Wiki access, I just put in my app for Kayl using the Wiki's guidelines for returning members.

I'd also imagine I'm going to spend a healthy amount of time re-acclimating to the game after not playing since roughly 2014.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm a good 60b shy in liquid assets from being able to commission an Erebus. As for Wiki access, I just put in my app for Kayl using the Wiki's guidelines for returning members.

I'd also imagine I'm going to spend a healthy amount of time re-acclimating to the game after not playing since roughly 2014.

If you are going to train anything for Titans I would train to use that module that lets you cast Cone of Cold and wreck fleets of subcaps.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

i quit playing around the same time and came back a month ago; some articles on the wiki are :siren:OUTDATED:siren: so keep that in mind and dont be afraid to be like me and ask the stupidest questions in jabber

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i quit playing around the same time and came back a month ago; some articles on the wiki are :siren:OUTDATED:siren: so keep that in mind and dont be afraid to be like me and ask the stupidest questions in jabber

It used to be mostly up to date and then the confluence switch said get hosed iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

orange juche posted:

Yes but if you think about it, it's engine is still being used for Fallout 76 so in a way, it's still current.