Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

so loving hawt, would rinde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

testing out that midjourney thing and its awesome.
prompt for this was:
stanislaw lem planet of death

planet of death:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Boba Pearl posted:

I will write you one my friend.

First Requirements for the thing I'm using:

Windows, Nvidia card

there's linux and amd distros, but I don't know how to use that.

Ok, go here:

https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui/

Unzip this to it's own folder. You download it by clicking Code and then download zip

It has all the following links, but it doesn't super explain it

You're going to need two models, you want the Full EMA I believe, though someone will tell me the differences I'm sure.

https://huggingface.co/CompVis/stable-diffusion-v-1-4-original

https://github.com/TencentARC/GFPGAN/releases/download/v1.3.0/GFPGANv1.3.pth

Put this file in the same folder as the files from the git link So it should be in the same directory as all the files from stable diffusion. As in webui.py webui.bat and your model file should all be in the same directory. Also, rename the 1.4 model you downloaded to model.ckpt. GFPGANv1.3.pth should remain the name it has.

You need to run and install python 3.10.6 https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/

You need to run and install git (64 git bit for windows setup) https://git-scm.com/download/win

and you'll need the Cuda Toolkit 11.3 (Windows, x86_64, version 10) https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-11.3.0-download-archive?target_os=Windows&target_arch=x86_64

run webui.bat from Windows Explorer.

Thanks for the detailed instructions! It's good I didn't just try to search that information by myself, because it is quite the laundry list of different ingredients.

But I think I'm almost there -- mostly just had to explain to the batch that it shouldn't just look for python, but specifically for python 3.10.6, because the original python installation is an older one from Anaconda.There are still some missing folders I think, but that's probably just a game of patience. I think the script now even auto-downloads some of the dependencies you listed.

I'll report back when I'm a bit further along.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Has anyone been playing around with the model fine tuned on anime?

https://huggingface.co/naclbit/trinart_stable_diffusion/tree/main

I've been using it for this and that, and I like it, especially for keywords like Akira Toriyama, or Ghibli.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Rinkles posted:

studio Ghibli, rusting boat converted into crate base in wasteland, fallout concept art, subtle lighting, john berkey, muted colors, symmetrical composition, Mechanical Design, gray blue, syd mead, Ralph McQuarrie artstation
Steps: 30, Sampler: DDIM, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 125

Hey there, I tried reproducing this prompt. I'm getting a beautiful result, but not quite as detailed as the quoted image. Is that to say that the model isn't quite deterministic or was there some post processing like infilling?

My result:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Are either of you using the optimized version?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Rinkles posted:

studio Ghibli, rusting boat converted into crate base in wasteland, fallout concept art, subtle lighting, john berkey, muted colors, symmetrical composition, Mechanical Design, gray blue, syd mead, Ralph McQuarrie artstation
Steps: 30, Sampler: DDIM, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 125

Yeah stim, you must be using either a different model (This one was generated with 1.4,) or you're using the optimized version for low vram.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was checking to see if SD could make a stoner album cover painted by Arik Roper, and it turns out that it can’t. But it’s still pretty funny

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Boba Pearl posted:

Yeah stim, you must be using either a different model (This one was generated with 1.4,) or you're using the optimized version for low vram.

That was the problem indeed. I wasn't sure which model file to put in the folder initially, so I went with the larger one. Turns out that was the old version. Looks exactly like OP's now. This is so cool!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

When you can train custom modules to load along with the primary one the skill ceiling is going to shoot up as picking which modules to use and which to leave out is going to be very important for results. I expect there will be some public ones that are popular and free, and some paid ones. It doesn't know what a stargate really is, I'm want to train one to make the kawoosh (all things point to training needing more VRAM than I'll have this hardware cycle)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm just waiting for someone to load every frame of the simpsons into a model. There's like 20 million frames of it so even after you prune out the duplicates there's gotta be enough to teach an AI

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Tunicate posted:

I'm just waiting for someone to load every frame of the simpsons into a model. There's like 20 million frames of it so even after you prune out the duplicates there's gotta be enough to teach an AI

You could probably also get audio description tracks for all the episodes and match the frames to the descriptions so that you have visually labeled reference for the AI.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

this is gonna be Exhibit A in the trial of humanity

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Trying to make the guy ponder the orb

"Bearded old man with hood pondering a big blue orb, magic the gathering art"
30 steps, DDIM, GFPGAN, batch count 2, CFG scale, 512x512, seed 126

Also turns out that Stable Diffusion is absolutely not opposed to drawing, uh, tasteful act portraits for, uh, scholarly pursuits

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Stimperor posted:

Also turns out that Stable Diffusion is absolutely not opposed to drawing, uh, tasteful act portraits for, uh, scholarly pursuits

"Old man holding blue balls" didn't turn out how you expected eh

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Rutibex posted:

"Old man holding blue balls" didn't turn out how you expected eh

don't doxx me

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Lord Stimperor posted:

It also does not shy away from adding the occasional surprise third boob (clothed or otherwise), completely unprompted.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I'm heading to bed, but before I do, I wanted to share with you an exercise I just did. Inspired by the bearded old man with orb, I explored one theme across different parameters and slight prompt variations. I hope this post isn't too long, but I hope that it gives an impression of how a single cool starting image can be shaped. Model version is v1.4.

Stable Diffusion: long-haired pale woman with orb (parameters and prompts included in album)
I always made batches of two images since that's all my GPU can do. I will try to keep them separate by denoting one of them as [ALTERNATIVE BATCH]. The first images I got were a pretty weird 90s metal album cover, and a vampire fan fiction OC character do not steal image:

Fantasy art, oil painting, long-haired pale woman in a long, white dress, standing before giant orb, crowd in the background
Steps: 30, Sampler: DDIM, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 126

[ALTERNATIVE BATCH] Fantasy art, painting, long-haired pale woman in a long, white dress, standing before giant orb
Steps: 30, Sampler: DDIM, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 126

The vampire OC do not stel eventually turned into an amazon romance novel portrait:

[ALTERNATIVE BATCH] Fantasy art, intricate, painting, beautiful long-haired pale woman waearing a long, white dress, in a large golden room, facing a giant glowing Orb
Steps: 30, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 126, GFPGAN

By describing the background as cosmic, I gave her cool new age vibes (here shown with 60 steps):

[ALTERNATIVE BATCH] Fantasy art, intricate, painting, beautiful long-haired pale woman waearing a long, white dress, in a large golden room, facing a giant glowing Orb, cosmic background
Steps: 60, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 126, GFPGAN

On the main image line, I started out with this theme:

Fantasy art, intricate, painting, beautiful long-haired pale woman waearing a long, white dress, in a large golden room, facing a giant glowing Orb
Steps: 30, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 126, GFPGAN

More samples and different backgrounds:

Fantasy art, intricate, painting, beautiful long-haired pale woman waearing a long, white dress, in a large golden room, facing a giant glowing Orb
Steps: 40, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 126, GFPGAN

By increasing steps you get Stable Diffusion to draw more detailed legs. Galaxy background gives stores and nebulae in the background:

Fantasy art, intricate, painting, beautiful long-haired pale woman waearing a long, white dress, in a large golden room, facing a giant glowing Orb, galaxy background

A "cosmic" background gave me ultimately the vibe I wanted, but unfortunately the dynamic pose is gone:

Fantasy art, intricate, painting, beautiful long-haired pale woman waearing a long, white dress, in a large golden room, facing a giant glowing Orb, cosmic background

Next I tried out what the CFG scale parameter does. In this motive, it seems to go from abstract, vague to concrete, detailed.
I went back to 40 samples since I liked that image, but varied it a little to get some detail in here and there.

All images: Fantasy art, intricate, painting, beautiful long-haired pale woman waearing a long, white dress, in a large golden room, facing a giant glowing Orb, cosmic background.

-- CFG 2, steps 40
-- CFG 2, steps 65
-- CFG 3, steps 40 -- these and the next couple of CFG scale are creepy! Skipping.
-- CFG 9, steps 40 -- around here, the creepiness stops and we have our familiar theme.
-- CFG 10, steps 40 -- it adds some nice tree-like flourishes.
-- CFG 11, steps 40 -- flourishes turn to stardust, pretty neat. But pose is off.

The alternative image from the batch is actually pretty cool in low CFG scale:
-- CFG scale 1, steps 40 -- neat!
-- CFG scale 2, steps 40 -- no magic new age girl, but what looks like a cool biblical angel thing
- CFG scale 3, steps 40
-- CFG scale 9, steps 40 -- our magic girl has arrived!

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 4, 2022

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Found this excellent SD prompt and messed around with it, I think its output is insanely good.

Replace subject and add attributes like muscular, athletic, obese as needed.

Obese (with everything else unchanged) gave me a fully nude output though. Weird.

detailed photo of an old bronze patina statue of beautiful lara croft, full body portrait, photorealism, intricate detail, museum diffuse lighting -C 10 -H768

Throwing in Jackman's Wolverine for good measure:

Seems like SD is really good at anatomy.
Well, most of the time.
(Do I need to NSFW this?)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I enjoy that SD knew Logan needed daisy dukes

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

mcbexx posted:

Found this excellent SD prompt and messed around with it, I think its output is insanely good.

Replace subject and add attributes like muscular, athletic, obese as needed.

Obese (with everything else unchanged) gave me a fully nude output though. Weird.

detailed photo of an old bronze patina statue of beautiful lara croft, full body portrait, photorealism, intricate detail, museum diffuse lighting -C 10 -H768

Throwing in Jackman's Wolverine for good measure:

Seems like SD is really good at anatomy.
Well, most of the time.
(Do I need to NSFW this?)

I tried to make a bronze fonz and :lmao:

:nws: kinda

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I tried those prompts to make a Daisy Duke statue but no luck with huggingface

Dia de Pikachutos
Nov 8, 2012

I closed the Miniconda console before I remembered to copy the whole prompt but I hope you will nevertheless vote #1 Anime golden retriever for president, election_poster, propaganda_poster, celshading, trending on artstation, (some other words)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I bought some Dall-E credits to make fantasy arts for a project. This thing is too addictive! I'm keeping the best ones for myself, rare arts only for my book. But please enjoy "carmen sandiego brewing potions by Raphael"

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
For those of you running on your own GPU, would a 3080 run much faster than 1080? And any idea how much faster?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I think I saw somebody saying 6s for 3080 vs 13s for 1080 to render up paintings that never existed. So maybe twice as fast, but I can't recall where I saw that number.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Brutal Garcon posted:

Very helpful.

Unfortunately, the potato I'm working with here is a mess of old versions of python stuff, so it's throwing errors whenever I try to install anything like this.

Even if I do, I only have 2gb of vram. Can I run this at terrible resolution, or is 4gb a strict cutoff?

If you're still in the thread, a new optimized version of Stable Diffusion came out that now does even lower vram. It would be worth setting up now for sure.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Can you post a link to the new one?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
https://www.reddit.com/r/StableDiffusion/comments/x5dbnj/memoryefficient_attentionpy_updated_for_download/

quote:

replace the files in stable-diffusion-main\ldm\modules

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8qowh5rqfiv88e4/attention+optimized.rar/file

That files it taken from here: https://github.com/neonsecret/stable-diffusion

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 4, 2022

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

That github link still suggests having at least 4gb.

Frankly, I should just let this be the thing that finally persuades me to actually spend money on a new computer.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Boba Pearl posted:

I will write you one my friend.

First Requirements for the thing I'm using:

Windows, Nvidia card

there's linux and amd distros, but I don't know how to use that.

Ok, go here:

https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui/

Unzip this to it's own folder. You download it by clicking Code and then download zip

It has all the following links, but it doesn't super explain it

You're going to need two models, you want the Full EMA I believe, though someone will tell me the differences I'm sure.

https://huggingface.co/CompVis/stable-diffusion-v-1-4-original

https://github.com/TencentARC/GFPGAN/releases/download/v1.3.0/GFPGANv1.3.pth

Put this file in the same folder as the files from the git link So it should be in the same directory as all the files from stable diffusion. As in webui.py webui.bat and your model file should all be in the same directory. Also, rename the 1.4 model you downloaded to model.ckpt. GFPGANv1.3.pth should remain the name it has.

You need to run and install python 3.10.6 https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/

You need to run and install git (64 git bit for windows setup) https://git-scm.com/download/win

and you'll need the Cuda Toolkit 11.3 (Windows, x86_64, version 10) https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-11.3.0-download-archive?target_os=Windows&target_arch=x86_64

run webui.bat from Windows Explorer.

Copy -> Paste in Notepad -> Save as txt

Very useful info, thanks a lot for that! :):hf::cool:

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Bula Vinaka posted:

Copy -> Paste in Notepad -> Save as txt

Very useful info, thanks a lot for that! :):hf::cool:

Same. Thanks for the foolproof writeup.

Brutal Garcon posted:

That github link still suggests having at least 4gb.

Using the full model on a 3090 with 24 GB still runs out of memory if I try for 1024x1024 images. But 60-step 512x512 ones render in like 3 seconds.

Amazing how much latent art, meta-art? is encoded in a binary volume that could fit on a DVD.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Then you'll probably love this:
:nws:

I noticed that with a lot of characters (this one, Deadpool, for instance), their color scheme completely overrides the "bronze patina" parameter. How can I put emphasis on that particular part? I tried adding opening/closing parentheses, but that didn't do anything. All Hulks came out green, and not bronze patina green.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

mcbexx posted:

I noticed that with a lot of characters (this one, Deadpool, for instance), their color scheme completely overrides the "bronze patina" parameter. How can I put emphasis on that particular part? I tried adding opening/closing parentheses, but that didn't do anything. All Hulks came out green, and not bronze patina green.

I think when you give the model a cultural icon it just laser focuses on that and it's incredibly difficult to pry it away from that. Maybe you can add more verbosity with the CFG parameter. Supposedly, that parameter determines how much the model is driven by your exact instructions as opposed to what it infers to fill in the gaps.

Another user in this thread was describing how hard it was to stop SD from drawing Mona Lisas. I tried a similar thing: I wanted it to paint a dog in the Girl With a Pearl Earring pose. But the model would invariably just spit out the painting, albeit with the face a bit more hosed up depending on how many instructions I gave it. So I switched my approach and described a golden retriever with a blue hair band, looking over its shoulder, and the model by itself gave it an earring similar to the one in the famous painting:

So certain cultural icons are just super hard to override once it latches on. I would like to figure out how to get around that as well.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Also a friend and me figured out, uh, for scientific purposes, that Stable Diffusion really likes to draw boobies big.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

How come 1080 ti isn't on there? I'm assuming that would be a bit faster than the normal 1080, right?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Stimperor posted:

I think when you give the model a cultural icon it just laser focuses on that and it's incredibly difficult to pry it away from that. Maybe you can add more verbosity with the CFG parameter. Supposedly, that parameter determines how much the model is driven by your exact instructions as opposed to what it infers to fill in the gaps.

Another user in this thread was describing how hard it was to stop SD from drawing Mona Lisas. I tried a similar thing: I wanted it to paint a dog in the Girl With a Pearl Earring pose. But the model would invariably just spit out the painting, albeit with the face a bit more hosed up depending on how many instructions I gave it. So I switched my approach and described a golden retriever with a blue hair band, looking over its shoulder, and the model by itself gave it an earring similar to the one in the famous painting:

So certain cultural icons are just super hard to override once it latches on. I would like to figure out how to get around that as well.
Yeah it was me :)

Turns out you can actually control the weights with (()) and !!! For lower and higher weights. It's pretty subtle though so you have to really spam it.

A Strange Aeon posted:

How come 1080 ti isn't on there? I'm assuming that would be a bit faster than the normal 1080, right?
They didn't have one to test it I guess? But yeah it'd be a few seconds faster probably.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I have learned that if you want clean line art, you can add the photoshop photocopy filter, and it'll help guide the bot where to put the lines down. It looks pretty good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

a painting depicting the (end of world) and there is [mona lisa] in it in salvador dali style