Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

Ultimately, Twice's role in the grand scheme of things is to make a huge, million-strong army of clones in the final battle that Izuku will dramatically plow through.

Part of me wonders if it won't be the exact opposite, actually. I can see Twice switching sides by the end if Toga does as well, and then he can clone Deku several times, with each Deku then passing on One For All to one of his classmates.

And as such, Deku becomes the greatest hero by enabling a society where a group of heroes is All Might+. All For All.

Also probably hastens Quirk singularity hard but eh, details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Twice I can see, but wasn't Toga like a wanted serial killer before she even got involved with the VA?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The main limiter to Twice at the moment is the same one it's always been: for every non-Twice clone he makes (past the first two), he also has to make a Twice clone. And while he's willing to do this when his friends are in danger, I doubt he's capable of keeping this up day in and day out without a new mental break.

So probably on most days, there a max of two non-Twice clones out there. And if one of those is the mad doctor, pretending to be a philanthropist, that leaves one more sneaky use.

But, yeah, on a day like this, when he hits the panic button, that's all out the window.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nonexistence posted:

Twice I can see, but wasn't Toga like a wanted serial killer before she even got involved with the VA?

Toga is going to find some guy who looks like Deku, but has a regenerative quirk that lets her stab him as much as she wants with no downside and they're going to run off together to live happily ever after.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wasn't a Deku look alike one of the reasons she is how she is?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wasn't a Deku look alike one of the reasons she is how she is?

Ya the dude in her flashback is a dead ringer for Deku

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have no idea where they're going with the quirk singularity. It's been in the background constantly, but not even All For One has really attempted to deal with it despite knowing about it. So Shigaraki tears down society, then, what, exactly? What's the endgame exactly?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I have no idea where they're going with the quirk singularity. It's been in the background constantly, but not even All For One has really attempted to deal with it despite knowing about it. So Shigaraki tears down society, then, what, exactly? What's the endgame exactly?

That's the endgame as far as Shigaraki is concerned. There's no grander plan - everything must fall, the ideal world is one that's been completely destroyed.

We can guess that All For One has plans of his own that exceed this (maybe take over the lawless world afterwards as he had before) but since our point of view for villains is Shigaraki, we only know that much.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I feel like All For One has some plan for One For All. Remember during thr Class A vs B arc when we had a small scene of AfO in his jail cell talking about how he can hear his brother's voice right when Deku's quirk started going nuts?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I feel like All For One has some plan for One For All. Remember during thr Class A vs B arc when we had a small scene of AfO in his jail cell talking about how he can hear his brother's voice right when Deku's quirk started going nuts?

he's the loving mole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4hTVanqtBY

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That's been my theory for a while. AfO can track Deku through his connection to OfA somehow. That way, none of the kids will actually be traitors, but Deku can still angst about putting his friends in danger and blame himself even more for everything that happened at Summer Camp.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Counterpoint: AfO "wasn't sure" that All Might had passed down OfA until Kamino. If he was sensed OfO at the summer camp, he would have assumed it was All Might, which was the exact opposite of the plan.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

dazoner posted:

I am so useless there is no way I am anyone's clone

Twice doesn't think anyone is useless and will clone them anyway because he's a bro

#VoteForTwice #Twice2020 #TwiceForPM #ScrewItGiveHimTheEntirePlanet

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
A man so nice, they named him Twice.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

official romanization of her name

pour 1 out for la brava

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Mangastream has been vindicated.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Big oof

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Caleb posted about this. Apparently it got fixed.

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1226918050189860865

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rhonne posted:

That's been my theory for a while. AfO can track Deku through his connection to OfA somehow. That way, none of the kids will actually be traitors, but Deku can still angst about putting his friends in danger and blame himself even more for everything that happened at Summer Camp.

oh jay posted:

Counterpoint: AfO "wasn't sure" that All Might had passed down OfA until Kamino. If he was sensed OfO at the summer camp, he would have assumed it was All Might, which was the exact opposite of the plan.

Honestly this is one reason why I'm on the fence with the whole Dad for One thing. It seems like AfO highly suspected that Deku was the successor and Shigaraki even points Deku out to him after the USJ attack yet he's never directly gone after him or even threatened him. Hell, he never even told Shigaraki how important he is. He could have killed Deku at any point yet he didn't.

Or it could be something we don't even know about yet. I wonder if AfO actually wants to extinguish OfA and what he'd do if he could capture a holder.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There’s not really fixing the quirk singularity problem so I predict the manga will end with quirks completely disappearing, probably related to the quirk erasing bullets.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Do we know what happens to someone's original quirk if they receive then pass on OfA? The only users we know a lot about were naturally quirkless. If the original quirk gets passed too, they could conclude the series on literally every quirk user passing it around then just have Eri erase everything.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nonexistence posted:

Do we know what happens to someone's original quirk if they receive then pass on OfA? The only users we know a lot about were naturally quirkless. If the original quirk gets passed too, they could conclude the series on literally every quirk user passing it around then just have Eri erase everything.

Every one of the previous holders passed it on either while literally dying or shortly before dying, with All Might being the first one to have the leisure time to pass it on outside of extremis.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Caleb posted about this. Apparently it got fixed.

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1226918050189860865

I hope Gentle is voiced by Dr. Riddles.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This might be a stupid question but what's the drama surrounding this series right now? This is the only place I can think to ask but my twitters been loaded with "the artist should apologize for a birthday'' and something about death threats and huh???

I fell off when Deku got handed whip powers or whatever the heck that was as I don't usually like it when protags render side characters obsolete- so I'm kind of curious if that wound up being the trend or not on if I should get back into the series.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This might be a stupid question but what's the drama surrounding this series right now? This is the only place I can think to ask but my twitters been loaded with "the artist should apologize for a birthday'' and something about death threats and huh???

I fell off when Deku got handed whip powers or whatever the heck that was as I don't usually like it when protags render side characters obsolete- so I'm kind of curious if that wound up being the trend or not on if I should get back into the series.

Horikoshi named a villain after a Japanese war criminal whose name was also used as a term for his victims. He apologized and renamed the character. From all signs, it was just an unfortunate coincidence with no malice intended.

This didn't stop twitter from calling for his blood, because twitter is a cesspool.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The birthday thing is actually a different, manufactured drama. A “news” site that only exist to churn out outrage fodder focused on feminists and SJWs, posted an article about how fans were cancelling the series again due to characters sharing birthdays with Japanese and German WWII generals. There’s no evidence that this actually happened beyond the article from this site that only exist to misrepresent things, but these dummies are so addicted to being angry they concocted a whole fake controversy out of it this morning and started a hashtag in response.

Anyways I like that Dr.War Crimes has the same motivations as Sauron.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
someone did a edit with overhaul and deku on that pic and its the best thing in this thread

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah, the name thing with the doctor is pretty much over outside of like a dozen Chinese posters farming social credit endlessly fighting with Japanese posters in Horikoshi's apology tweet.

The birthday thing came from some clickbait farm and the tween twitter kids fell for it hook line and sinker.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I also thought there was something about people thinking a zipper on Mirko's outfit was camel toe but that might also be manufactured.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

The cycle continues

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TheHan posted:

The cycle continues

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Spoilers are saying there's a break next week but I can't find any info why?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kingtheninja posted:

Spoilers are saying there's a break next week but I can't find any info why?

Looking at the Japanese holidays the emperor has a birthday on 2/23 so that might be it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TheHan posted:

The cycle continues

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

TheHan posted:

The cycle continues

:five:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

chap 246 points out that a only dr warcrimes and AFO were the only ones really concerned about it

Rhonne posted:

again 246 made it pretty explicit that afo is having dr. warcrimes do reasearch into making afo(the quirk) able to take back one for all

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Chapter's out: https://ww5.readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-261/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
It’s going dowwwnnn

What’s happened to the hero at the end?