Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegendInTheMakin
Oct 4, 2015
I'm always open to talking trades and stuff, especially involving draft picks. If I can't be reached, tag John (not sure of his screen name... you know who I'm talking about) and he will relay it to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

LegendInTheMakin posted:

I'm always open to talking trades and stuff, especially involving draft picks. If I can't be reached, tag John (not sure of his screen name... you know who I'm talking about) and he will relay it to me.

Yeah I'll usually be in irc so if you want to talk trades with legend hit me up there.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
mentholmoose, I'm interested in one of those picks you just acquired.

Anyone else picking soon: as long as one of the players I'm interested in is still on the board, I'm prepared to offer several top caliber players for your pick. If I can get several picks, then my Babe Ruth is on the table.

If you're interested, pm me on the forums, or DM me on Twitter @cmbatter

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

cbx posted:

mentholmoose, I'm interested in one of those picks you just acquired.

The only pick I've still got is #42. I could definitely use a 2B if you want to send Lajoie over.

Or, if anyone wants to send a 2B my way for pick 42. I'm just looking for somebody who can spell Collins for a bit and isn't that bad with the glove. Preferably a righty.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah, if I was running a Super-League quality team already then that'd be one thing, but taking a terrible team and adding some good draft picks isn't enough to keep them out of the Gauntlet - just ask the Murphs - so several good players rather than one excellent one seemed the wiser plan to me.

I agree that getting several good players for Ruth would have benefited you, unfortunately you instead got a pile of the bench filler Moose had been unsuccessfully trying to pawn off for more than a season.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

The Colma Skeletons draft Rube Waddell '06.

kw0134 and the Rochester Generics are now up.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GVOLTT posted:

pre:
<@TheMcD> just loving take pedro
<@TheMcD> end the delusion that i ever had a shot at him
<@GVOLTT> Rube it is.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

GVOLTT posted:

GVOLTT, buddy, pal, how do you feel about trades? I desire that Waddell.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

oldskool posted:

GVOLTT, buddy, pal, how do you feel about trades? I desire that Waddell.
Only if I get a better pitcher in return. Or, in other words, sorry, no, I was desperate for pitching.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The Generics see many glittering prizes, but in the interests of commerce and delaying this as long as reasonable, will entertain offers for the pick. Looking for some bats for the COF and some pitching, maybe.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

GVOLTT posted:

Only if I get a better pitcher in return. Or, in other words, sorry, no, I was desperate for pitching.

03 Rivera is a better pitcher, but I don't think you were referring to bullpen help.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

TheMcD posted:

A trade? Not sure if this is going or not, didn't hear back, and I'm going to bed soon, so I'll just throw this out there.

Hoboken Zephyrs send:

2003 Aramis Ramirez
2012 Matt Cain

Modern Bourgeois send:

1997 Curt Schilling

If you swap Fourth Round picks with me, it's a deal.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

kensei posted:

If you swap Fourth Round picks with me, it's a deal.

Nope. Simply not willing to go that high. Not when that's a drop of over a third of the entire draft, from a pick that actually used to draft Curt Schilling straight up (#59, Canton Calamities, DDXII; #51, Kobe Crows, DDXIII) down into the depths of lottery tickets, in addition to two decent enough players. If that's what you're asking, then keep him.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

TheMcD posted:

Nope. Simply not willing to go that high. Not when that's a drop of over a third of the entire draft, from a pick that actually used to draft Curt Schilling straight up (#59, Canton Calamities, DDXII; #51, Kobe Crows, DDXIII) down into the depths of lottery tickets, in addition to two decent enough players. If that's what you're asking, then keep him.

I'll think about it more then.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Matt Cain isn't "decent enough" for much of anything in the SL outside your stadium.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

kensei posted:

I'll think about it more then.

Trade me Curt and I'll get it over to micky d

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Ooh ooh trade me the Curt for Home Run Baker and Blyleven.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
By the way, kw, would you take Larry Walker and one of the Mexicutioners' starters for your pick?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I also have many pitchers and the old Hank Aaron and also Bob Johnson, greatest player ever.

And... maybe.... the Rod???

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

kw0134 posted:

The Generics see many glittering prizes, but in the interests of commerce and delaying this as long as reasonable, will entertain offers for the pick. Looking for some bats for the COF and some pitching, maybe.

I have too many COFs! Do any of 01 Ed Delahanty, 29 Al Simmons or 97 Larry Walker sound good? Also I'm probably wasting 02 Joe McGinnity as a LR if he works for you as an SP.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

This is my wad of men, for people who say "hey I want to get some of that wad." Rick Reuschel is theoretically available!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vybVHKiS2-7bDHBPTEj8yjrEFggbIZxjeWogLAGc6NE/edit#gid=0

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 21, 2015

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Remember, you're buying your choice of a prime Cobb or Pujols or Bond or Musial. Price accordingly.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I don't want those guys though. Unless someone wants to upgrade my Old Bonds into a Good Bonds (probably not).

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Open Question: interest in my Kershaw?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Pander posted:

Open Question: interest in my Kershaw?

Hypothetically, yes, but practically, he isn't perfectly attuned to my team philosophy (too many ground balls), so the premium I'd have to pay would probably not be worth it. That, and I'm still not sure whatever success you had pitching-wise with the Southpaws wasn't just some crazy magic trick.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

oldskool posted:

03 Rivera is a better pitcher, but I don't think you were referring to bullpen help.
Yeah, my bullpen could use another guy or two, but who I'm using can hold the fort, and another starter is indeed a greater priority.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

kw0134 posted:

Might as well throw an offer out:

2012 Albert Pujols or 1888 Roger Connor
My 2nd round SD pick
2006 Mike Adams
1981 Johnny Bench
One of: 1991 Randy Johnson, 1907 Orval Overall, or 1924 Stan Coveleski

Pash fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 22, 2015

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

TheMcD posted:

That, and I'm still not sure whatever success you had pitching-wise with the Southpaws wasn't just some crazy magic trick.

I still hold that making Randy Johnson one of the best starters in the league wasn't so much a magic trick as it was dark arts requiring goat's blood.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Kershaw is far better than Randy. I think each time a new year of stats is added he gets a bit more pedro-esque.

I cam understand the worry about my stadium aiding him, but I think (unlike Randy) that he doesn't need it to have success.

Youre right that my cost would probably be too high for most people since I'd be using one of my three slots to keep him.

Just seeing if anyone had any interest in the first place before I start looking at feeders. Still driving across the country.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Hey, I don't think there's much that can be done about this now, but the Harry Heilmanns that Forzelt and I drafted in last years Super Draft seem to be reversed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1mzYBQ6qbHw9FcHv-Ev5s1ZC6Zl9hI_uXKPRN80DfzwU/htmlview

As you can see, I took the 1919 Heilmann and the Dino's took the 1917 version.

Yet according to http://super-league.tk/viewplayer.php?id=heilmha01

I had the 1917 one and he had the 1919 one.

I assume this'll take care of itself when we submit rosters for next season, and I doubt this made a difference in the outcome of last season. My accidentally Baby Heilmann was very bad, but I wasn't going to make the playoffs anyway. And Forzelt got a better season that still wasn't enough to keep him out of last.

Just wanted to point this out mostly for Forzelt since his Heilmann has a higher risk of being disappointing, I guess.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

FairGame posted:

Hey, I don't think there's much that can be done about this now, but the Harry Heilmanns that Forzelt and I drafted in last years Super Draft seem to be reversed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1mzYBQ6qbHw9FcHv-Ev5s1ZC6Zl9hI_uXKPRN80DfzwU/htmlview

As you can see, I took the 1919 Heilmann and the Dino's took the 1917 version.

Yet according to http://super-league.tk/viewplayer.php?id=heilmha01

I had the 1917 one and he had the 1919 one.

I assume this'll take care of itself when we submit rosters for next season, and I doubt this made a difference in the outcome of last season. My accidentally Baby Heilmann was very bad, but I wasn't going to make the playoffs anyway. And Forzelt got a better season that still wasn't enough to keep him out of last.

Just wanted to point this out mostly for Forzelt since his Heilmann has a higher risk of being disappointing, I guess.

You would think that's evidence of a mistake, but forzelt played the invisible envelope, allowing him to swap one of his players for the same player on any other team. Of course, as part of the terms of that trade, it was to be kept secret from everyone.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

oldskool posted:

What's he worth to you?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

tadashi posted:

What's he worth to you?

Top-end deadballer (Alexander, Waddell, and Mathewson are the three that come to mind), preferably at least one reliever to fill a gap, and maybe a draft pick depending on the caliber and year of the two previous.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
why the gently caress would you trace an ace starter++ for an ace reliever

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

tatankatonk posted:

why the gently caress would you trace an ace starter++ for an ace reliever

Ace starters are dependent on the defense and stadium, and therefore there's huge variety in who's an ace and who's not. With a lovely infield defense, deadballers are poor ace choices, for example, and while one might be the best player available they might not be best for your particular team's layout.

Ace closers are...Rivera & that's about it. There are less options for true ace relievers.

Alternate response: would you rather have 30 good starts, or 50 lights-out finishes?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I will offer Joakim Soria for the low, low price of only one ace starter.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

oldskool posted:

Alternate response: would you rather have 30 good starts, or 50 lights-out finishes?

hmm, 200 good innings or 60 great ones..

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Is this because I traded Walter Johnson for Rob Dibble?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PLAYOFF PICK'EM FINAL STATS

It was a long, and hard-fought battle, but in the end, only one person could win the coveted Sandwichpick.

Congratulations, Yaya! Stand proud with your new pick!

FINAL STANDINGS:

pre:
Yaya                39 Points
kw0134              34 Points
The Goog            32 Points
DOOP                29 Points
kensei              21 Points
DivineCoffeeBinge   18 Points
MooseOnTheLoose     12 Points
EclecticTastes       4 Points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

You would think that's evidence of a mistake, but forzelt played the invisible envelope, allowing him to swap one of his players for the same player on any other team. Of course, as part of the terms of that trade, it was to be kept secret from everyone.

Its true - Sodakhan trade secrets.