Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

poemdexter posted:

I hope to god that every corporation just ignores NFTs and it disappears as yet another scam.

https://twitter.com/Charmin/status/1372157127280766981

WARNING: flashing lights at the other end of the Rarible link

but at least it's the opposite of a shitcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

have you seen my baby posted:

lol this just sold for like $50k

I have made the first NFT of this picture and when they tell me it isn't as valuable it's value will only skyrocket as the disrupters become the disrupted.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Royale Velour is better anyway.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

have you seen my baby posted:

lol this just sold for like $50k

"Back in the early 20s, you had to grift. It was either that or work."

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
It's horrifying, but the idea of a repo'd car simply driving itself back to the lender makes me giggle, I must admit.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

PT6A posted:

It's horrifying, but the idea of a repo'd car simply driving itself back to the lender makes me giggle, I must admit.

CIA asking Tesla to drive a whistleblower into a lake/off a bridge/into a semi-truck after accelerating to 150.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
I hate the future
https://twitter.com/pringles/status/1372242606902673409?s=21

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Well, they definitely know their market.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I left my kids in the Tesla and they got repossessed too.
They're Elon's kids now.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Libra posted:

I left my kids in the Tesla and they got repossessed too.
They're Elon's kids now.

Mars, elon's little st james island.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

MickeyFinn posted:

"Back in the early 20s, you had to grift. It was either that or work."

Move over Information Age, it's the Age of Grift

E: Griformation?

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 19, 2021

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Oh I’m sure this will go swimmingly
https://twitter.com/buzzfeednews/status/1372664814250598400?s=21

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
What could possibly go wrong

I'm reminded of that episode of Silicon Valley where Dinesh accidentally incurs billions of potential liability due to not sufficiently age gating his app

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

This is absolutely wretched, what the gently caress? They know exactly how toxic this poo poo is for adults and they want to do it anyway.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Mister Facetious posted:

CIA asking Tesla to drive a whistleblower into a lake/off a bridge/into a semi-truck after accelerating to 150.

I thought we had instances of that at already though not with Tesla

adoration for none posted:

Move over Information Age, it's the Age of Grift

E: Griformation?

Gilded Age 2.021

E:

How are u posted:

This is absolutely wretched, what the gently caress? They know exactly how toxic this poo poo is for adults and they want to do it anyway.

... yes?

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 19, 2021

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
e: even though that Zuck stuff was the first thing I was going to post about.

I know the children's privacy act is super toothless, but jesus christ. Also we're literally just leting Google Classroms (and there whole google panopticon), Amazon Twitch, and Zuck datamine children for their entire life time and make junk science from their stupid white techbro brains.

fwiw, I remember a NPR piece about how abunch of 3rd party dealers already have gps and similar features on the cars they sell, nothing as extreme as Tesla but it is funny that the platonic idea of a shady used car salesman being less ____ than Tesla .

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 19, 2021

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

How are u posted:

yeah but have you considered that advertisers will pay you money if you let them target kids so those kids can annoy their parents into buying stupid poo poo and/or just steal their parents' credit card.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1372990144198811656

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

quote:

Smiley isn’t just about pushing more product. Its host of sensors also collect data on shopper interactions, including how they move about the store. Imagine it as an alternative to someone with a clipboard walking around the store all day taking notes on how people move about

I mean, they're probably already doing that with the CCTV feeds, but ugh.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I mean, they're probably already doing that with the CCTV feeds, but ugh.

they also do it by polling your phones don't they

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

mediaphage posted:

they also do it by polling your phones don't they

I don't think phone GPS is accurate enough to be tracking your movements around a supermarket in any useful way.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

I don't think phone GPS is accurate enough to be tracking your movements around a supermarket in any useful way.

A supermarket is probably big enough you could triangulate proximity to wireless access points or some poo poo.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Don't they already just track you through the loyalty programs? A convenient list of everything you buy whenever you swipe the card or enter your phone number at checkout.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

ponzicar posted:

Don't they already just track you through the loyalty programs? A convenient list of everything you buy whenever you swipe the card or enter your phone number at checkout.

Yes, but the modern surveillance advertising state demands ever more ~~granularity~*. It's not enough to know you were on a webpage, we MUST know every single action you took on that webpage including eye tracking which I believe you will find I happen to have a handy dandy software patent for...

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

A supermarket is probably big enough you could triangulate proximity to wireless access points or some poo poo.

That's exactly what they do, except it's usually Bluetooth. Here's an intro-level NYT article on how it works; it's not perfect but it's accurate in all the broad strokes and most of the details.

ponzicar posted:

Location tracking can pick up the things you chose not to buy, and even correlate things like "what percentage of people who walked by our display ended up buying the product?"

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

You could but it seems redundant when you have video of everyone and everything they do in the store.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

nah inside the stores they use bluetooth and wifi.

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014

Small boy: MOMMMM HELP IM BEING CHASED BY THE CANDY! IT WANTS TO EAT ME!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

These are basically real-life pop up ads that you can't close.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

These are basically real-life pop up ads that you can't close.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

I will topple one over if this ever happens to me. Consequences be damned.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nah, just be passive-aggressive about it: take a bag of M&Ms to make it go away, and just drop it on the floor.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's no way this survives a week between kids and old people.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Nah, just be passive-aggressive about it: take a bag of M&Ms to make it go away, and just drop it on the floor.

I will not let the robot think it belongs.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I will not let the robot think it belongs.

My plan is to make life difficult for the workers so they complain about having to pick up after the drat thing.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mister Facetious posted:

Gonna just knock all the candy off if it gets within like three feet of me and then complain that the robot bumped into me and spilled candy everywhere, get that thing fired. Humans First.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
People walking in without a cell phone so the supermarket can't rack them and graffitiing the robot with profanity

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Humans First.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mister Facetious posted:

My plan is to make life difficult for the workers so they complain about having to pick up after the drat thing.

Make it fun for the workers though.
Cheeky bag of M&Ms under the chickens in the frozen section.
What's that between the dog and cat food?
And is that a small Snickers pyramid behind the bleach bottles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I feel putting it on the floor sends a much clearer message. v:geno:v