Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

"PS1 graphics" have shifted to mean "retro style" these days. The reaction I saw to Gwimbly in the recent Smiling Friends last month shows that a lotta people are nostalgic for that early 3D.

Also kids associate it with Minecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

HopperUK posted:

I wonder if Cliff Racer posts any more

Didn't CliffyR have "opinions" about Wood Elf age of consent?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't like shifty polygons. What are they trying to hide.

Orv
May 4, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I don't like shifty polygons. What are they trying to hide.

Single triangle with a mustache

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://youtu.be/vovkzbtYBC8?si=c5-f69yAEjfTbCua

Epic Games Store and Ubisoft store only…

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
putting the rear end in assassin's creed

Orv
May 4, 2011
I will simply buy the standard edition, play two hours of it, look at the map, sigh and close the game. Namaste.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Congratulations on your newest collectibles Mr. Kojima.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I mean, trailer is cool. But I've hit my Ubisoft POI Fatigue shlock quota for the decade after playing Odyssey + Valhalla in short order.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

https://youtu.be/vovkzbtYBC8?si=c5-f69yAEjfTbCua

Epic Games Store and Ubisoft store only…

I don't understand UBISofts reluctance to release on Steam.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Sab669 posted:

I mean, trailer is cool. But I've hit my Ubisoft POI Fatigue shlock quota for the decade after playing Odyssey + Valhalla in short order.

You've still got a year and a half before the game finally releases, so maybe things will change by then?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I don't understand UBISofts reluctance to release on Steam.

The giant rear end check they get from Epic to keep it exclusive to their store.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Velocity Raptor posted:

You've still got a year and a half before the game finally releases, so maybe things will change by then?

Wait, Shadows releases this November. Unless you meant on Steam, then yeah that sounds about right.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The ubi sub is like 15 bucks right? Even if you take 2 months to finish it then thats significant savings.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The ubi sub is like 15 bucks right? Even if you take 2 months to finish it then thats significant savings.

$18 now, but yeah that is still a good deal and likely what I will do.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

It seems silly to care about which store it releases on when it's already going to need the Ubi launcher so might as well just get it from their storefront.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I forgot that's a thing. I'd sub for a month if reviews say it's another Odyssey. If it's another Valhalla then I'll just pass entirely.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

A Bystander posted:

Is Steam downloading slow to anyone else right now. It's not Tuesday, I've already cleared the cache, and my internet is functioning normally.

usually if that's happening you can get by it by changing download regions to a less populated/congested one
i've only ever noticed it being a problem when downloading super popular game releases day1 though

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Solid bundle for anyone looking to get into monster hunting

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/monster-hunter-world-rise-saga

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Anno posted:

Solid bundle for anyone looking to get into monster hunting

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/monster-hunter-world-rise-saga

poo poo that is a lot of game for $30, extremely worth it, get it folks

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

$30 for World, Rise and both DLCs? That's a very good deal

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Why don't we just talk to the Monsters?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Leave pukei pukei alone!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Wait, it isn't a game about a monster who is a hunter?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

What if man is the real monster??

Those little cat fucks are definitely monsters though

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Leave pukei pukei alone!

gently caress that dumb poison owl

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

kazil posted:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

kazil posted:

buddy,

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the bangers don't stop. this week:

Mullet Madjack - Today

review scores:

TechRaptor posted:

Combining elements from Ghostrunner and Bulletstorm in a 90s-anime-inspired package, slaying robobillionaires is a blast in Mullet MadJack -- though, it is a bit short.
Very Positive on Steam (99% of 126 reviews)

Lorelei & the Laser Eyes (Simogo, developer of Sayonara Wild Hearts) - May 16

87 on Metacritic. Early reviews:
https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1790778071525822832
https://twitter.com/robinbombus/status/1790775999006703821

Homeworld 3 scored an 80 on OpenCritic but has mixed reviews on Steam (46%, ouch)

Steam Reviews posted:

to be honest, I am beyond disappointed. None of the mystery, impending doom and sense of vastness that the previous games' stories had. Super shallow plot.

quote:

How can a 25 year old game be more believable and immersive and convincing than a brand new one?

ROBOBEAT (rhythm-based FPS) - Out now
has a 78 on OC, Very Positive on Steam (99% of 148 reviews)

Athenian Rhapsody (comedy RPG) - Out now
Very Positive on Steam (96% of 96 reviews)

Read Only Memories: Neurodiver (sequel to 2048: Read Only Memories) - May 16

Shacknews posted:

I’m still thinking about Read Only Memories: Neurodiver well after I finished the story. It’s such a pitch-perfect execution on its premise, mixing the worlds of modern cyberpunk with ancient PC technology and western anime fandom. I had a blast spending several hours with these characters and the world they inhabit, and would gladly have spent several hours more.

RPG Fan posted:

I liked the game and think it’s good, but it left me noticeably unsatisfied. The characters ES88 meets are pretty cool, but their development stopped before their storylines gained any traction. Once the credits rolled, my reaction was, “Huh? That’s it?”

lastly, for the point & click heads out there, An English Haunting - Later this week (brief delay due to cert issues)

Also this week, the scifi metroidvania-adjacent GenoPanic (5/17), Ghost of Tsushima DC (PSN required for co-op, 5/16), Die by the Blade (5/16), Morbid: the Lords of Ire (5/17), Arctic Eggs (5/16), Cozy Caravan (5/16), Baladins (out now)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 15, 2024

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, was going to say - Mullet Madjack is out. Good reviews so far.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dread Delusion players - how hard is it to find Save points? Or does the game have an Autosave feature?

Not having a Map out of the gate, a Teleport Home spell, and inability to just Quick Save has me reluctant to put more time into the game. I find myself struggling to get into things I can't simply just put down the moment I want to. Hate needing to go find somewhere to Save or whatever, and navigating back to where I was without a map sounds a little annoying?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Chants of Senaar just hit Gamepass, this is excellent.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Sab669 posted:

Dread Delusion players - how hard is it to find Save points? Or does the game have an Autosave feature?

Not having a Map out of the gate, a Teleport Home spell, and inability to just Quick Save has me reluctant to put more time into the game. I find myself struggling to get into things I can't simply just put down the moment I want to. Hate needing to go find somewhere to Save or whatever, and navigating back to where I was without a map sounds a little annoying?

Only 90 minutes in but I found save crystals and autosave spots very regularly so far. You get the teleport-back-to-last-save-crystal spell super quick too.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I do have the TP spell, I just meant like "losing where I am by being sent back home + no map" fuels my lack of want to load up the game when I only have a limited time to play.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Lorelei has a really striking visual style. Puzzles and riddles? Yes please!

Kagrenac
Jan 14, 2017

Sab669 posted:

Yea I do have the TP spell, I just meant like "losing where I am by being sent back home + no map" fuels my lack of want to load up the game when I only have a limited time to play.

You can get the map really quickly once you finish the tutorial zone, the first npc on the path tells you where it is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Lorelei has a really striking visual style. Puzzles and riddles? Yes please!

I am interested in it but hearing it had survival mechanics kind of turns me off.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I’m pretty new to Steam again from a hiatus since uhhhh…Half-life 2 but is it a known quantity that the discovery queue is absolutely dreadful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Aipsh posted:

I’m pretty new to Steam again from a hiatus since uhhhh…Half-life 2 but is it a known quantity that the discovery queue is absolutely dreadful?

It depends. If you want something to show you games you probably never heard of or wouldn't have seen otherwise, it works well.

If you're looking for something to show you games you'd be interested in, then yes, it's crap.