Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

squizzle you're killin it in this thread

appreciate the congrats but im just here to find out what “brexit” means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Squizzle posted:

appreciate the congrats but im just here to find out what “brexit” means

it’s north slang for running away

the coppers have found us, brex it, m8

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Hexyflexy posted:

From looking at their records, two served in Northern Ireland, Sir Nicholas Patrick Carter and our man with the weird bloody voice Sir Mark Alexander Popham Carleton-Smith (jesus, do we promote these people by name or something?).

I'm going with option one for the coup artist, just because he literally looks like the British Empire. He has that face, the one that as a black dude I was taught to run the gently caress away from when I was a kid.

What is this crap.

The British Empire face absolute requires a mustache.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

This is a very different UK, not the EU member state nor is it the economically prosperous nation. flag is Union Jack and nationality is British, but of something separate and different. This UK the United Kingdom has become Foreverial Brexit UK and it was fully brexitized with its businesses and inside and literally its whole government changed into a permanent living gammon version with permanent living gammon ministers and MPs and a permanent brexit, xenophobia and racism press. media is a permanent brexit rag and has two permanent brexit channels and two permanent brexit Houses of Parliament. Fully brexited like idiots, tiedup this way to remain and always jumping around with a permanent smile on its face and a wide open permanent brexit mouth speaking constantly ready to racially slur any foreigners with its permanent brexit, gammon and pensioner constituency

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

marktheando posted:

calamity gammon

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

any clues as to whether Europe will grant perfidious Albion another extension or cast them into the abyss?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Just speculation on my part but it kinda seems like the gammons might actually poo poo themselves if EU goes "lol no" and the 11th actually becomes The Final Day

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

RuanGacho posted:

Just speculation on my part but it kinda seems like the gammons might actually poo poo themselves if EU goes "lol no" and the 11th actually becomes The Final Day

No, leaving without a deal is their preferred option. They think it will hurt the EU more than it will hurt the UK.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

marktheando posted:

No, leaving without a deal is their preferred option. They think it will hurt the EU more than it will hurt the UK.

This seems ill advised.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

RuanGacho posted:

This seems ill advised.

All of England and Wales except London prefer no deal to cancelling Brexit :rip:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-poll-reveals-all-of-england-and-wales-now-favour-no-deal-except-london-a4108916.html

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
the post about the iceberg backing down because of how much leverage the Titanic has was amazing, really helped frame this whole thing for me.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Bust Rodd posted:

the post about the iceberg backing down because of how much leverage the Titanic has was amazing, really helped frame this whole thing for me.
Someone from the Titanic takes regular trips to the iceberg to negociate with it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Spangly A posted:

its rp, the word was negociate
Ok, now explain why they pronounce "issue" the way they do!

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

frankenfreak posted:

Ok, now hexplain hwhy they pronounce "hicue" the hway they do!

the posh brit doesnt remove hs they add them in front of every word they can

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/stunixos/status/1114240692405059584

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

The question asked was "If Britain has not agreed a deal by April 12th, what do you think should happen", and the possible answers were "leave with no deal" and "remain in EU".

I read the question at first as "If we hit the deadline and haven't passed the deal, what's going to happen", with the options then being to leave without a deal, or to revoke. You could reasonably argue that some leave votes come from "just get this over with"

In any case, the poll missed other answers like second referendum, general election, long term extension, etc, so I wouldn't take it very seriously.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

curious that the one place that has actually had proper infrastructure and everything else spending while the rest of the country wastes away is different

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Regarde Aduck posted:

This makes you horny you weird little german bitch

It makes me horny tho

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

twoday posted:

The UK fishing waters contain lots of fish, just not the fish Brits eat. There is lots of herring, squid I think. The white fish that is used to make the fish in fish and chips (often sold as cod, rarely is cod) comes from further north, much of it from Iceland. Iceland is not in the EU and as a frigid volcanic rock has little negotiating power so you should be able to bully some fish out of them.

Bu...but what about my herring???

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

marktheando posted:

When they turn out to be wrong they won't realize it. They'll blame the EU and further escalate hostilities. Their reasoning will be specious and their factual basis will be fake and liberals will gasp at the depths of their depravity and it will continue to not matter.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Iceland has the largest banana plantation in europe

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
leverage the banana power, iceland

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Martin BadClixx posted:

It makes me horny tho

Outrageous. We really should have come up with a samson protocol that shoots nukes at the rudest foreigners.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

solarjetman posted:

When they turn out to be wrong they won't realize it. They'll blame the EU and further escalate hostilities. Their reasoning will be specious and their factual basis will be fake and liberals will gasp at the depths of their depravity and it will continue to not matter.

Brexit cannot fail, it can only be failed.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Regarde Aduck posted:

Outrageous. We really should have come up with a samson protocol that shoots nukes at the rudest foreigners.

Just nuke me, I can only get so hard from brexit

I haven't been able to pee for 3 years, please give salvation

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

This is a very different UK, not the EU member state nor is it the economically prosperous nation. flag is Union Jack and nationality is British, but of something separate and different. This UK the United Kingdom has become Foreverial Brexit UK and it was fully brexitized with its businesses and inside and literally its whole government changed into a permanent living gammon version with permanent living gammon ministers and MPs and a permanent brexit, xenophobia and racism press. media is a permanent brexit rag and has two permanent brexit channels and two permanent brexit Houses of Parliament. Fully brexited like idiots, tiedup this way to remain and always jumping around with a permanent smile on its face and a wide open permanent brexit mouth speaking constantly ready to racially slur any foreigners with its permanent brexit, gammon and pensioner constituency

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1114971021843533825

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dance Officer posted:

The question asked was "If Britain has not agreed a deal by April 12th, what do you think should happen", and the possible answers were "leave with no deal" and "remain in EU".

I read the question at first as "If we hit the deadline and haven't passed the deal, what's going to happen", with the options then being to leave without a deal, or to revoke. You could reasonably argue that some leave votes come from "just get this over with"

In any case, the poll missed other answers like second referendum, general election, long term extension, etc, so I wouldn't take it very seriously.

it's a lovely misrepesentative poll and will be seized upon by far-righters to go LOOK EVERYONE WANTS TO LEAVE

Love It

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AOC is good again

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Corbyn is a loving reply guy now wtf

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

Corbyn is a loving reply guy now wtf

thirsty af jezza

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
cant wait for 2020 when the first meeting between pm corbyn president sanders and secretary of state aoc takes place

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

someone please translate this anti-Semitic rant

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Jel Shaker posted:

someone please translate this anti-Semitic rant

Corbyn helps associate of Ilhan Omar, a known critic of Israel's policies re. Palestinians which as we all know is PURE ANTI-SEMITISM!!!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SelenicMartian posted:

Someone from the Titanic takes regular trips to the iceberg to negociate with it.

“this will be the time the situation resolves” they say as they crash their sixth boat directly into it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Taintrunner posted:

AOC is good again

https://twitter.com/fart/status/1114973251485089793

:neckbeard:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Corbyn brushing aside neo libs and trots to present gardening tips to the future.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

Corbyn brushing aside neo libs and trots to present gardening tips to the future.

corbyn has done more to fight climate change than any well off succdem in America and that’s why they fear him

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Taintrunner posted:

corbyn has done more to fight climate change than any well off succdem in America and that’s why they fear him

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Samurai Sanders posted:

Every time I watch Lawrence of Arabia I think, you could question basically everything Lawrence did but he was still the only officer in the whole movie that actually left the officer's lounge.

There's one other dude, Col. Brighton, who meets Lawrence and tells him to keep his trap shut, and then Lawrence immediately tells Prince Faisal to not become a poor unit in the british army, instead go out there and be the best Bedouin guerilla fighter you can be

later on, he gets into an argument about value with Auda abu Tayi, and when they disagree Brighton tries to shame Auda and Auda's rejoinder is "I can see by your face you're too stupid to kill, so I'm not going to outa respect to Lawrence here" and rides off