Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Taurian: B, because recklessly committing an unknown, and possibly uneeded, trump card is stupid as hell. Save it until it's needed. Plus a missile frigate isn't particularly effective against aerospace wings.

FWL: A. These aren't Clans looking to actually take ground. They're in the mood for blood and are going to simply destroy anything that gets in their way, and the FWL doesn't exactly have ready means to counter the huge amount of Naval assets that grouping of Clans can bring to bear. D would be utter suicide for the League, and Duncan's smart enough to know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
A D

:black101:

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Congratulations on the short story!

Taurian Concordat: A
Restraint is not the Taurian way!

FWL: A
Falling apart at the seams IS the FWL way! Also the Best Clans get to go rampage around and kill Amaris, which should be hilarious.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Taruian: B
FWL: B

No reason to get too crazy, I suppose. I do love the execution style tank attack though.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
A and A!

Maximum :black101:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A Because warships are cool

B while demanding clarification of any and all of the rules involved in order to do C so that you have time to prepare a viable strategy for D

In light of the below, and because I like checkboxes:

C in order to learn a lot about B even though you always intend on doing A, because you want to gather some useful information you can trade to other powers for material gains and in order to bring about D on a wider scale.

goatface fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 10, 2013

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Taurian: B, because recklessly committing an unknown, and possibly uneeded, trump card is stupid as hell. Save it until it's needed. Plus a missile frigate isn't particularly effective against aerospace wings.

FWL: A. These aren't Clans looking to actually take ground. They're in the mood for blood and are going to simply destroy anything that gets in their way, and the FWL doesn't exactly have ready means to counter the huge amount of Naval assets that grouping of Clans can bring to bear. D would be utter suicide for the League, and Duncan's smart enough to know it.

I like this line of reasoning. While it is tempting to go classic FWL and say D) No, YOU SHUT UP!, it is criminally stupid to oppose a Clan force with a very sizable naval presence that is hellbent on performing a Trial of Annihilation on Amaris and Co (and has no real interest in you unless you get in their way).

Taurian Concordat Vote: B

FWL Vote: A

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

B You don't play your trump card first, but you also don't discard it entirely. Save the Vendetta for when they've put in their best to stop you then drop the hammer on 'em.

C They're going to make it through no matter what you do, but this way you can at least say you made a good faith effort to slow them down. Asking for clarification sounds even better. Stall, baby, stall!

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 10, 2013

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

B while demanding clarification of any and all of the rules involved in order to do C so that you have time to prepare a viable strategy for D

Clarification: "Stalling for time" == asking the Clans what the hell a Batchall is.

Vote changes will be temporarily permitted.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This sounds like shenanigans.

I love shenanigans.

I'll take you up on that offer and change my FWL vote to C. Will also edit prior post accordingly.

If this gives Duncan time to come up with something either stupid, hilarious, or just plain bastardly then I'm all for it.

:science:

Runa fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 10, 2013

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
1. B You don't show your ace until you know that you can use it to win.

2. A gently caress Stefan Amaris!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Taurian Concordat: A, because what the hell good is a weapon if you don't use it?

Free Worlds League: B for the following reasons:

a) NO YOU SHUT UP
b) The best way to find out what a Batchall is will be to have one.
c) Maintaining the moral high ground while not get trampled into the space-dirt.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Of course it is the Jade Falcons who get bloodied by the new power bloc.

Political Vote 13:
Taurian Concordat:
A) Deploy the TCS Vendetta.

17 year-olds do not make very rational decisions.

Free Worlds League
A) Allow the Clans to pass unmolested.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

A and C.. Marik can't let them through without a challenge, but if they lose (or throw) a limited fight, that's enough to keep the FWL citizens no less calm than usual.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
A and C. There's no sense in making a decision with less information than is available to you.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
A and A. Because AA Batteries have style, and because goddamn I love me some Warships.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

B and C

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh, and there won't be a BattleSpace scenario; just as a general FYI. Even I'm not crazy enough to run one of those by hand.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
B) Hold the TCS Vendetta in reserve.
A) Allow the Clans to pass unmolested.

For once I'd like to see the Taurians play things smart and keep an ace up their sleeve when it comes to dealing with the Davions, hell they might even find a way to make it really hurt. :haw: Also I like the FWL too much to see them get swarmed by the Clans so soon. Better to let the Clanners deal with Amaris, it's not like he's any friend of Marik's.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh, and there won't be a BattleSpace scenario; just as a general FYI. Even I'm not crazy enough to run one of those by hand.

Ever thought of giving people a taste of Battleforce? I know I'm curious, though it certainly seems to lack that granularity and detail that gives BT its charm.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

By the way PTN... Remember the WITP LP, don't do anything to our... space 80's enterprise :ohdear: because I will be so sad if a big shiny warship gets blown up in anything less than the most glorious fashion.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Edit: You'll have to send me a PM to clarify.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 10, 2013

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

B and C

Balls away from the wall. Balls can hang back for a bit.

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
A and C.

Because I don't want the FWL to get its poo poo pushed in too hard by the clans. That's for the Capellans to beat up.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
A and C.

Man, the Free Worlds League can't catch a single break.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
B and C

Because I think I have to reread this thread to remember when the Vendetta was first mentioned, but a warship as an asset is probably something they shouldn't just reveal at the drop of a hat. And because who knows, maybe this group of clanners won't be total jerks and actually clarify what a batchall is and what a trial is and Duncan can make a more sound decision on whether to let them pass or whether to accept it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

I think I have to reread this thread to remember when the Vendetta was first mentioned

Political Vote 13

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A A

Take the stupid options!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A C

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Political Vote 13

Thank you very much! I think this is a sign I need to reread the thread, or at least the political votes. I've got a much better understanding of BT fluff now than I did however long ago it was when I first read through.

Edit: And then I realized that this current vote is political vote 13. Yeah, I definitely need to post when half asleep less.

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 10, 2013

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
A and A have my vote. The Taurens have a history of commiting to colossally bad decisions because of their paranoia of the Davions, and I can't see them changing now.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

Thank you very much! I think this is a sign I need to reread the thread, or at least the political votes. I've got a much better understanding of BT fluff now than I did however long ago it was when I first read through.

Edit: And then I realized that this current vote is political vote 13. Yeah, I definitely need to post when half asleep less.

Don't worry about it. The Taurians having a functioning Warship is pretty much only a secret because nobody in the Inner Sphere cares enough to spy on them.

Silent Banana
Aug 24, 2009

Taurians: A

FWL: D

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Taurians: B

FWL vs Clans: "Refuse your what?" C

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
I'm going to vote BB gun.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A and B because my unyielding, slightly-disturbing love for the Ghost Bears demands that I vote for the chance to see them stomp some faces.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Having recently finished reading through this whole thing: holy poo poo, this is incredible. Well done to all those involved, especially PTN.

On that note:

Taurians: B, if only because voting they act in-character is silly, the whole point is to rewrite history!

FWL: C, because if they actually tell the FWL what the hell they're talking about and the Batchall ends up being a scenario, the FWL might bring forces better suited to winning (or at least putting up a decent fight).

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

A and A

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die
A and B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
B to be contrary to what the Taurians normally do. And as for the other, I'll reference you're annotated episodes of Battletech.

"Is this some kind of choke"
"You dare to refuse my Bacaw!?"
"Refuse your what?"

C if that didn't sink in.

Side note: Will there be anymore episodes of that?

• Locked thread