Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

i... actually dig those wheels and the rear skirt a lot.
aside from all the stick on crap, this.....this looks pretty rad..

The Door Frame posted:

It leans into the retro look and is almost cool, but it's still a Neon at heart

a large part of me would like to take a PT and put an SRT4's guts in it. i mean, it's already halfway there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
no the only appropriate engine swap for a pt cruiser is a hand grenade.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Gomi Day posted:

i... actually dig those wheels and the rear skirt a lot.
aside from all the stick on crap, this.....this looks pretty rad..

a large part of me would like to take a PT and put an SRT4's guts in it. i mean, it's already halfway there.

Wasn’t a PT turbo basically an SRT4 with an automatic and no intercooler?

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

MrYenko posted:

Wasn’t a PT turbo basically an SRT4 with an automatic and no intercooler?

i had no idea such a thing existed, to be honest! gonna have to look that up.

that said, i own a 2005 neon SRT4 with the stage two package and am totally in love with it. :toot:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Just looked it up, apparently it was offered with a five-speed.

:aaaaa:

That is possibly the most conflicting thing to me that Mopar has ever built.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I thought the caliber srt4 was supposed to be the neon srt4 successor. I think they even sold a couple dozen of them.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

rdb posted:

I thought the caliber srt4 was supposed to be the neon srt4 successor. I think they even sold a couple dozen of them.

I did commercial parts delivery for pep boys in Annapolis, and one of our customers had 5 of the SRT calibers between him and his friends. They sounded pretty good too.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Did he swap a 13b into it?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

um excuse me posted:

Need mah truck :bahgawd:

Now I'm sure there's a perfectly acceptable reason... like his bed is full of poo poo he's too lazy to unload.

(the only acceptable reason here would be "the bed is full of wood as well, and the rest had to be put up front because gently caress making multiple trips. We all know that's not the case here).

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm willing to give some benefit of a doubt given there is an actual trailer hitch and no truck nutz.

But hell if that's a crew cab or whatever those can't be longer than 6' and should go nicely in the bed.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Gomi Day posted:

i had no idea such a thing existed, to be honest! gonna have to look that up.

that said, i own a 2005 neon SRT4 with the stage two package and am totally in love with it. :toot:

Grats, they are a ton of fun for being a dopey Neon. I've still got my one owner 03 with a few bits and pieces stuck to it.

MrYenko posted:

Just looked it up, apparently it was offered with a five-speed.

:aaaaa:

That is possibly the most conflicting thing to me that Mopar has ever built.

Most of the guts were the same between the PT GT and the SRT-4 except a few notable exceptions: The whole intake route/manifold on the PT was this weird wrap-over the head ordeal because of packaging constraints, and the 5 speed in the PT GT was a Getrag box while the SRT got the new fangled NVT-850 which was later stuffed with a Qauife in 04 and 05 models. Other than the all brass shift forks (plz to not be hammering gears) the 850 was a real good transmission. I have no idea how well the Getrag stood up to abuse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I remember I once posted a pic of my Lightning wi mthe bed loaded full of scrap metal and a few people here lost their poo poo that i was using it as an actual truck.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

Did he swap a 13b into it?

Pretty much this.

SRT-4s of any variety sound like a toothless hillbilly gargling rocks while blowing her cousin.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I was kind of referring to the melted bumper around the exhaust. :shobon:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno posted:

I remember I once posted a pic of my Lightning wi mthe bed loaded full of scrap metal and a few people here lost their poo poo that i was using it as an actual truck.

I picked up some 2.4m lengths of timber today while out shopping. In my panda. From the passenger footwell up to the rear screen.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
It makes no loving sence why they can't sell a simple 4x4 panda in the states.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

There's the small hurdle of "nobody would buy it"

Ford is bringing the 1.0 ecoboost ecosport, but people actually buy fords. It's still $20k though.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Preoptopus posted:

That's effectively what the 500X is. It's not the same as the Panda, but they're similar in size and function.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The 500X is larger, it's based on the same platform as the Jeep Renegade.

Now, why they couldn't make a 4x4 regular 500, that's a good question.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I got visually confused the other day and for a moment I could have sworn I saw a lifted 4x4 Audi tt, bull bars and everything

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I got visually confused the other day and for a moment I could have sworn I saw a lifted 4x4 Audi tt, bull bars and everything
TT Country? Sounds like an awesome idea.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Powershift posted:

There's the small hurdle of "nobody would buy it"

Ford is bringing the 1.0 ecoboost ecosport, but people actually buy fords. It's still $20k though.

The only small sedan that's 4x4 is a subaru these days. I feel like it's a market that could be tapped just to get away from having to own a subaru.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
I guess what I'm saying is all I see in Wisconsin are subarus or 4x4 bmws

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010
There a guy in my apartment complex that has an Allroad 2.7t, maybe slightly lifted, sitting on BFG All-Terrains. I'm pretty conflicted about it, partly because I don't know if it is actually lifted or just looks that way due to the massive sidewalls.

My main issue is that I just can't see it ever making good use of those tires.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

The only small sedan that's 4x4 is a subaru these days. I feel like it's a market that could be tapped just to get away from having to own a subaru.

The XV crosstrek is outselling the Impreza/WRX/STI combined now.

Everybody wants CUVs, even fake ones that are just lifted hatchbacks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We love our crosstrek, it's not holy poo poo huge but has room for a load of camping gear and is comfortable for long road trips. Plus some ability to handle forest access roads too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Faster Blaster posted:

There a guy in my apartment complex that has an Allroad 2.7t, maybe slightly lifted, sitting on BFG All-Terrains. I'm pretty conflicted about it, partly because I don't know if it is actually lifted or just looks that way due to the massive sidewalls.

I believe I can get those tyres for the panda but "won't ever make good use of them" is the reason I won't ever bother.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Faster Blaster posted:

These have air ride height ajust. And u can crank em up pretty high from what I remember when a coworker had one.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

cakesmith handyman posted:

I picked up some 2.4m lengths of timber today while out shopping. In my panda. From the passenger footwell up to the rear screen.

Big loving deal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

wesleywillis posted:

Big loving deal.

Is that satan
Delivering the final destination LOGS OF DEATH

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Preoptopus posted:

Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Isuzu and Mitsubishi all offered 4wd on their small sedans at one point stateside. Nobody bought them.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Audi makes small-ish AWD sedans, but I know that they aren't what you mean. It's an underserved niche because people buying small, economy sedans aren't generally looking for a more expensive, less fuel efficient version of a Toyota Yaris that needs more maintenance, just because it would be better to drive.

Some automakers are also just lazy, like Honda with their modern Type R

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I have no idea how well the Getrag stood up to abuse.

FWIW, the Getrag F23 - GM's 4/6 cylinder 5 speed of choice for awhile - gets stuffed behind LS4s pretty regularly. So long as you keep wheel hop at bay, they handle it fine.

And when you blow one up, go find another junked Cavalier to yank one out of.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
In Japan, they've had a habit of doing AWD versions of loads of relatively mundane cars, but I don't think such things sell massively well elsewhere. The thing that made the original Panda 4x4 different was that it really worked off road, it wasn't just a gimmick or half-arsed system like many of them are.

Anyway, content:

Jesus Christ.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282744179604

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

InitialDave posted:

In Japan, they've had a habit of doing AWD versions of loads of relatively mundane cars, but I don't think such things sell massively well elsewhere. The thing that made the original Panda 4x4 different was that it really worked off road, it wasn't just a gimmick or half-arsed system like many of them are.

Anyway, content:

Jesus Christ.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282744179604

Looks like an aborted Top Gear challenge car.

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

Can't decide whether I'm the MS Paint watermarks on every picture, or the shrink wrap on every interior surface.

Edit: Neither, I'm the door handles recessed 10" into the body kit. Cue reaching for the handle with keys in hand.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cellular Suicide posted:

Edit: Neither, I'm the door handles recessed 10" into the body kit. Cue reaching for the handle with keys in hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ESLKWt5w4w&t=100s

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Is this stock?

Either way I'm conflicted. The reflective tape seems pretty over the top and not something I would ever want on my car, but boy does it help with visibility near sunset when doofus has no headlights on yet. So maybe it's good?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
All I see is Batmobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Cellular Suicide posted:

Can't decide whether I'm the MS Paint watermarks on every picture, or the shrink wrap on every interior surface.

Now you mention it, I am not sure that you could get a pump nozzle into the fuel filler with that crap around it.