Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

RealFoxy posted:

The most solid theory is still that he’s just always had the Chimera fruit, which gives him three “heads” and the ability to use two other fruits as well which explains why sometimes he’s missing teeth

I think he just gets into a lot of fights and drinks a lot of milk between panels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Man with Hat posted:

I think he just gets into a lot of fights and drinks a lot of milk between panels

He's the nega luffy he doesn't drink milk or juice only beer.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he doesn't sleep at night because the heads take turns staying awake yatta

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

autumnal oddium posted:

he doesn't sleep at night because the heads take turns staying awake yatta

It must suck to be the night shift head. I hope they take turns.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Did One Piece Jesus have Brook’s fruit?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bobjr posted:

Did One Piece Jesus have Brook’s fruit?

no but he almost got the mera-mera fruit

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Jesus D. Christ.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Pyro Jack posted:

Jesus D. Christ.

No, it's established he is Joshua son of Joseph.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
What's the release schedule look like over the next month? I know it always gets weird this time of year due to holidays.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
New chapter officially drops on the 5th. Unofficially, maybe next thursday or friday, depending on if somebody gets a hold of scans and translates them. And Oda will probably take a break after that chapter, would be my guess.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I wonder what point we'll be at this time next year. Approaching the final battle with Kaido, most of the other villains chumped?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I wonder what point we'll be at this time next year. Approaching the final battle with Kaido, most of the other villains chumped?

I'm guessing Luffy will officially have beaten a Yonkou by chapter 1000. You know Oda loves to save big events for significant chapter numbers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is there a chapter this week/when do we get one?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jose posted:

according to viz's site the next chapter officially comes out on the 6th

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jose posted:

Jump is on holiday break so it'll be next week when raws leak.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Yeah, New Years and Golden Week are two of the big breaks for Jump that I can remember. Besides random "double" issues.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Remember that one time when Enel jump started his own heart after dying? :allears:

Yeah I know he completely hid behind his devil fruit abilities but that was :krad:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Parrotine posted:

Remember that one time when Enel jump started his own heart after dying? :allears:

Yeah I know he completely hid behind his devil fruit abilities but that was :krad:

Yeah, a fantastic way to sell a villain who you cannot put down is have them flat out restart their own heart.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Surely Enel is gonna return at some point... I wanna see how he does against non-rubber people

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Enel is going to show back up when Gin does.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cat Machine posted:

Surely Enel is gonna return at some point... I wanna see how he does against non-rubber people

Too bad his first non-Luffy opponent will be weather wizard Nami, who will control his electricity.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yeah, a fantastic way to sell a villain who you cannot put down is have them flat out restart their own heart.
Good thing he never met a skilled Haki user with a pointy weapon. Probably wouldn't do so well with a hole in his heart or brain, kind of like a vampire.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raposa posted:

New chapter officially drops on the 5th. Unofficially, maybe next thursday or friday, depending on if somebody gets a hold of scans and translates them. And Oda will probably take a break after that chapter, would be my guess.

SJ stuff is already out in Korea, amazingly.

Jesus.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

SJ stuff is already out in Korea, amazingly.

Jesus.

Searching for scans based on this I found spoilers but no translation

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Supersonic Shine posted:

Good thing he never met a skilled Haki user with a pointy weapon. Probably wouldn't do so well with a hole in his heart or brain, kind of like a vampire.

You also need to be fast enough to hit him with that weapon. Enel’s fruit is probably one of the fastest Logia we’ve seen and he’s got very powerful observation Haki improved by his fruit.

I’m not saying Enel would be the most powerful thing ever on the Blue Sea, but don’t sell him short either. Especially when his effective kill range is a lot further than most, given how he could strike anyone on Skypiea with a lightning bolt whenever he wanted.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oda said he probably would have been around the 500 K Bounty Mark.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oda said he probably would have been around the 500 K Bounty Mark.

that seems way too low but I think what Oda really wants to get across is that he would get his rear end whooped on the Grand Line by hubris

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Links to spoilers & scans (in Korean): https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/eg5bbk/one_piece_chapter_967_spoilers/

What a good story this is.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that seems way too low but I think what Oda really wants to get across is that he would get his rear end whooped on the Grand Line by hubris

That's a typo, Oda said Enel's bounty would be 500,000,000.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
:shittypop: :eyepop: :aaaaa:

Oh shiiiiiiiiit!

E: In reaction to the spoilers, not so much about Enel's hypothetical bounty.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 27, 2019

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

wow, can't believe it. luffy DOES die!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Don't listen to them. I'm Luffy, and I'm okay.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Gol D. Roger is cool.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
me a few months ago: I'll never say Laugh Tale. I'll die with Raftel on my lips

me, now: can't wait for the Straw Hats to get to Laugh Tale

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://imgur.com/a/rw7eeYL

Here's a basic translation if you can't wait any longer, or until the official release. It's some drat good chapter.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I can not loving believe "I'll die if I go to that island disease," is a real thing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Truely, he is God Usopp.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Here's a basic translation if you can't wait any longer, or until the official release. It's some drat good chapter.

okay fine laugh tale is the actual name and i'm owned, oda owned me, i cant believe he's done it again

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
We have a pretty good guess as to the location of the "missing" Road Poneglyph now. It used to be in Whitebeard's possession; Blackbeard probably took it after the Payback War.

Also, we now know that Buggy has never actually been to Laugh Tale. I assume the other Roger Pirates told him about it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Crosspeice posted:

So the current lost road polyglyph is the one Whitebeard gave to Roger then?