Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Thundercloud posted:

I hope he is cast into a volcano along with the other racists and incels who've come in and decided this hobby should be no women and minorities allowed.

Hell, :same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Thundercloud posted:

I hope he is cast into a volcano along with the other racists and incels who've come in and decided this hobby should be no women and minorities allowed.

:hai:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Thundercloud posted:

That doesn't sound very tolerant of others.

At least go after the real monsters - people who don't bathe in crowded halls.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

DancingShade posted:

i feel attacked for using a shower stall at home, i didn't know we were romans!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

JBP posted:

I don't know what happened but I must have clicked on the wrong YouTube and now it's nothing but Arch Warhammer et al and TLJ takedowns loving kill me.

Youtube thinks your a racist who hates women based on other wargamers watching that stuff, Jordan Peterson and 'race realists'.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

DancingShade posted:

I know, aren't people who criticise racists the real racists blah blah liberalism.

I don't want the hobby to be overrun with alt righters and proud boys sig heiling around GW because it makes us all look bad.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Thundercloud posted:

I know, aren't people who criticise racists the real racists blah blah liberalism.

I don't want the hobby to be overrun with alt righters and proud boys sig heiling around GW because it makes us all look bad.

The hobby already has mobidly obese people with no social skills or personal hygiene. That's how it's perceived.

Yeah I guess someone that puts Luftwaffe decals on their Messerschmidt 109s is pretty close to that.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Even with the fascist right being as emboldened as it it as the moment, the reason these troglodytes are so noticeable right now is that the hobby is making major moves towards inclusion. They're quite obviously terrified of what GW are doing. And GW aren't stopping for scum their own employees are openly mocking on social media.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I never heard of arch warhammer before just now but he sounds like a bad man.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
But is this Arch Warhammer person for or against sculpting giant robot tits on the upcoming knight models?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Arch-Warhammer made a video being super smug about Dawn of War 3's death and that made me hate him even before I found out he was a troglodyte.

DancingShade posted:

But is this Arch Warhammer person for or against sculpting giant robot tits on the upcoming knight models?

You still haven't given any of the sources for any of these terrible quotes you're posting!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I will never not be baffled that Relic didn't make a The Last Stand 2 or the MOBA rumor. For a brief pre-DOW3 window TLS was on fire.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
They actually had a weird Warhammer Fantasy character/moba thing that nobody played and died rapidly. I'd love a new Last Stand though. Expanded roster, more maps, dress up my space barbie? Hell yes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
DOW2 is still my favourite game ever and playing DOW3 at PAX will probably always stand out in my mind as a massive downer.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

JBP posted:

DOW2 is still my favourite game ever and playing DOW3 at PAX will probably always stand out in my mind as a massive downer.

DOW2 was rad and I’m glad it wasn’t just the same as the first game.

I regularly dip back into DOW1, particularly Dark Crusade.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Endman posted:

DOW2 was rad and I’m glad it wasn’t just the same as the first game.

I regularly dip back into DOW1, particularly Dark Crusade.

I was exceedingly happy they went with a commandos style campaign because it gave us the best single player RTS campaign ever, Kaptin Bluddflagg and Mistah Nailbrain'z Krumptastic Voyage.

1 and 2 own. I spent so much time playing DOW1 skirmish against the CPU. Good games and good memories.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I haven’t played the third game; is it really that bad?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Playing it for thirty minutes at pax was enough for me to pass on it. A few of my friends got it. 2/3 said it was horrible while the other said he thought the campaign was serviceable but the core conceit of the game was no good, which seems to match popular and critical opinion.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

JBP posted:

I was exceedingly happy they went with a commandos style campaign because it gave us the best single player RTS campaign ever, Kaptin Bluddflagg and Mistah Nailbrain'z Krumptastic Voyage.

1 and 2 own. I spent so much time playing DOW1 skirmish against the CPU. Good games and good memories.

Never in the history of gaming has there been a campaign with a greater purpose than that of Kaptin Bluddflagg.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
All the retrib campaigns were ridiculously good, and IMO the greatest Kirby sin was never creating a pack of miniatures based off the cast.

I would pay out the rear end for a box set of Cyrus, Adrastia, Castor, and Bluddflagg.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Neurolimal posted:

All the retrib campaigns were ridiculously good, and IMO the greatest Kirby sin was never creating a pack of miniatures based off the cast.

I would pay out the rear end for a box set of Cyrus, Adrastia, Castor, and Bluddflagg.

That would have been amazing. Mistah Nailbrain limited edition.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Endman posted:

I haven’t played the third game; is it really that bad?

It's like if DoW 1 simultaneously wanted to be a hardcore RTS like StarCraft and also got the same mentality as 7e 40k where infantry existed to die instead of being a staple unit that did important things. It's a mess of demanding micromanagement that the other games never demanded, which turned me off instantly. Anyone who complains about Gabriel doing flips in terminator armor is missing the wood for the trees.

I would also pay through the rear end for Bluddflagg and krew. Someone email GW and tell them to make that a Kill Team already.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That would have been amazing. Mistah Nailbrain limited edition.

I always wanted to make some boyz based on that krew. I have played that campaign so many times because the writing and voice acting is just a massive joy. I'm about due to go again.

MISTAH NAILBRAIN, STATUS REPORTAH!

Um status reportahs broke, boss!

The Deleter posted:

I would also pay through the rear end for Bluddflagg and krew. Someone email GW and tell them to make that a Kill Team already.

No poo poo I would pay $300aud for a box containing lovingly crafted Bluddflagg, Nailbrain, Spookums and Brikkfist.

JBP fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 29, 2018

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I was always fond of Spookums

Edit: Any ‘Hams in DC? Looks like I’ll be there for a couple of days for work Sunday/Monday/Tuesday and may be able to sample the gaming scene on the other side of the Atlantic for an evening.

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 29, 2018

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Retribution was pretty lovely though, especially because it was so close to being extremely enjoyable. If they just put in the extra effort with the campaign mode in having different paths for the different factions it would have been awesome. Instead we got to go through the same exact missions with the same outcomes no matter what faction you chose.

After the awesome campaign mode of vanilla and Chaos Rising it was a huge letdown for me.

As for DOW 3, I purchased the game, booted it up twice and never actually got around to playing it beyond going into army painter and laughing at how horrible the animation on the heavy bolter devastators is. ( it's almost comical)

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone played Deathwing yet? Still 20% off till June 4th.

Watched a bit on twitch over the weekend, can't say it looked great, apart from the graphics, but maybe you gotta play it? :shrug:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Can you get into the Retribution campaigns if you've barely even gotten your toes wet in the vanilla campaign? I've put hundreds of hours into DoW1 but for some reason 2 never really got a hold of me, but I still find myself wanting to do the Ork and Tyranids campaign for that one.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I got Deathwing on sale but never made it past the tutorial. It was a bit taxing on my PC, and I figured I'd come back after the game was done.

moths fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 29, 2018

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Can you get into the Retribution campaigns if you've barely even gotten your toes wet in the vanilla campaign? I've put hundreds of hours into DoW1 but for some reason 2 never really got a hold of me, but I still find myself wanting to do the Ork and Tyranids campaign for that one.

It's almost entirely divorced from the other games; if you play 2 you'll know more about the villain and characters from the Marine campaign, but that's it.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

JBP posted:

It takes me forever to paint holy poo poo. I wrote down a batch painting plan for these guys but then I just start randomly painting and forget what I'm doing... Next three I'll get it right...

Oh man, permission to shamelessly copy some of these sick honor marking helmets?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Maneck posted:

I've had good experiences with it, but I only use it on fine parts where I'm afraid of seepage and am over the top paranoid with clamping.

For most stuff, I use thick airplane glue.

Drill a dimple into one of the surfaces to allow a little more glue to adhere.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Deathwatch FAQ is out:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/warhammer_40000_deathwatch_en.pdf

Nothing groundbreaking. The Halo Launcher is an odd change, and I'm not a fan of the Dragonfire ruling. Though, you should never be shooting Dragonfire unless it's against T2 models without an armor save anyway.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Deathwatch FAQ is out:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/warhammer_40000_deathwatch_en.pdf

Nothing groundbreaking. The Halo Launcher is an odd change, and I'm not a fan of the Dragonfire ruling. Though, you should never be shooting Dragonfire unless it's against T2 models without an armor save anyway.

The Dragonfire ruling is really dumb because every other instance of "receiving the benefit of cover" has been ruled the opposite way. A little consistency would be nice.

What was the Halo Launcher before?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

The Dragonfire ruling is really dumb because every other instance of "receiving the benefit of cover" has been ruled the opposite way. A little consistency would be nice.

What was the Halo Launcher before?

Reroll saves of 1 if it's in supersonic mode

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
In the Index the Halo Launcher was -1 to hit when targeted by Fly units while in Supersonic mode

There was errata that changed it to reroll 1's to save while Supersonic.

The codex had both the reroll 1's to save on the Datasheet and -1 to hit in the Summary section

This errata changed it to both be the -1 to hit.

Strange path to go back to the original rule.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Deathwatch FAQ is out:

Anyone else notice they specifically allow you to name your Watch Fortress "Blood Angels" and therefore reap those sweet, sweet flakk missile benefits?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I want more nazis to play against because I wouldn’t even have to feel bad about being a bad winner & cranking space jam.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Heroic Intervention with a knight is amazing.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

In the Index the Halo Launcher was -1 to hit when targeted by Fly units while in Supersonic mode

There was errata that changed it to reroll 1's to save while Supersonic.

The codex had both the reroll 1's to save on the Datasheet and -1 to hit in the Summary section

This errata changed it to both be the -1 to hit.

Strange path to go back to the original rule.

What a bizarre process. So now Deahwatch can get -2 to hit on their flyers, as long as it's units with FLY shooting at them? That's surprisingly thematic (since all the xenos races except Orks use vehicles with FLY for basically everything, but Guard/Chaos are mostly ground-based).

Hustlin Floh posted:

Anyone else notice they specifically allow you to name your Watch Fortress "Blood Angels" and therefore reap those sweet, sweet flakk missile benefits?

You want it to be DARK ANGELS so it can re-roll 1s to hit with that sweet 0" Move characteristic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

DancingShade posted:

Why do you only ever show up to defend fascists and their friends?