Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

apophenium posted:

Wife and I tried to go to an outdoor concert last night and it was a total disaster.

oh did you try to see the cure at blossom ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

graph posted:

oh did you try to see the cure at blossom ?

Get out of my head that was my question!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Nah it was boygenius in Atlanta. They had problems in New Orleans Saturday and the show in Dallas is cancelled. Would love to see The Cure tho

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that sounds like some horse poo poo that happened. always byochair for stuff like that though if there's a next time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not sure if you can get someone else to fly your ship to your destination or have it go on autopilot but in starfield you are able to get up and walk around on your ship while in space. talk to people and so on. someone wanted this in the year 2019 so i am reporting on it

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Yes, but will Starfield have the worst type of electricity?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no. don't talk about that stuff

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
my cross-cultivar strawberries plan is coming to literal fruition, took 2 years but these babies are literally candy sweet and if my napkin math works out I should be making off with a solid 3 or 4 lbs in a week or two. they are pesticide free and protected by a carefully lured army of wolf spiders I've accumulated, leaving them virtually untouched by pests.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I prefer my nature's candy to come with just a pinch of pesticides

Just adds that lil spice I seek

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shaw us them strawbs

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
New Spider-Man is very good stuff. Fast X is very bad stuff

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dangerous Person posted:

New Spider-Man is very good stuff. Fast X is very bad stuff

I enjoy every clip of Jason that I've seen

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
He and John Cena are the only good parts of the movie

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Sad but true. Fast X is the worst one imo but it's got some great lines like THE ERA WHERE ONE MAN WITH A CAR COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE.... IS OVER

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Dickwad is a wild insult, right? What does it even refer to? Like, "what's the matter with you, dickwad?"

Is it like the wad that comes out of a dick? So you're saying, "What's the matter with you, load of cum?"

Or is it like a really tiny dick all folded up and wadded together like belly button?

I think it works mostly because of how it sounds. It has a good kinetic quality to when you say it, give it a shot. But don't call someone a dickwad, they might be confused.

I called someone on television a dickwad earlier, made me think about life

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Another weird one is Dickweed

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Magic posted:

Dickwad is a wild insult, right? What does it even refer to? Like, "what's the matter with you, dickwad?"

Is it like the wad that comes out of a dick? So you're saying, "What's the matter with you, load of cum?"

Or is it like a really tiny dick all folded up and wadded together like belly button?

I think it works mostly because of how it sounds. It has a good kinetic quality to when you say it, give it a shot. But don't call someone a dickwad, they might be confused.

I called someone on television a dickwad earlier, made me think about life

I think a dick in a wad would be extremely uncomfortable and potentially gross

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WADLOW

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I get the kind of underwear that has a pocket for your twig and berries now, specifically to avoid dickwad

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

“with the job is done, we can go home now”

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sounds like a ton of improvements are coming to Cyberpunk when the new expansion drops. Also the mechanical improvements are getting implemented even if you don't get the expansion

https://twitter.com/TheSphereHunter/status/1668338194591649792

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think it would have improved the game a lot if they placed more good stuff up on top of buildings and various other climby jumpy areas. it's fun to jump around and get ontop of things and would be very fun to receive more rewards for it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

Sounds like a ton of improvements are coming to Cyberpunk when the new expansion drops. Also the mechanical improvements are getting implemented even if you don't get the expansion

I was so excited for that game and so bummed when it came out that I never bothered playing it. I assumed they’d eventually patch it to be playable, so maybe this is the time I finally start playing it.

Also, I want Starfield to consume my life. I’m not much of a PC gamer so I have to figure out if I want to make myself play it on my PC or buy a loving Xbox.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I was so excited for that game and so bummed when it came out that I never bothered playing it. I assumed they’d eventually patch it to be playable, so maybe this is the time I finally start playing it.

Also, I want Starfield to consume my life. I’m not much of a PC gamer so I have to figure out if I want to make myself play it on my PC or buy a loving Xbox.

See you want Starfield but I am all about Baldur's Gate 3.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ganso Bomb posted:

Game is certainly playable now, but at this point I would wait anyway if they're just gonna change up the leveling system among other things

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

can't wait

Cavauro posted:

i think it would have improved the game a lot if they placed more good stuff up on top of buildings and various other climby jumpy areas. it's fun to jump around and get ontop of things and would be very fun to receive more rewards for it

agreed

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

See you want Starfield but I am all about Baldur's Gate 3.

I'm way more into sci-fi stuff than fantasy. Probably part of the reason I could never get that into Skyrim, aside from openworld stuff sometimes feeling too aimless for me. But I'm willing to chance it for Starfield because it looks cool as hell.

Bluedeanie posted:

Game is certainly playable now, but at this point I would wait anyway if they're just gonna change up the leveling system among other things

Oh yeah, that's what I meant – when the expansion releases is when I may finally dive into it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've been playing Baldur's Gate 3 since the first early access release and even then it was the most reactive RPG I had ever played. I can't wait to see it keep going. Like for example you can find quest avenues with a high enough animal handling skill and talking to literally every animal on the map. Or you can be a bard or druid and use the speak with animal spell to literally talk to them. An ox told me about some hidden gold in a heystack it was eating from. Or I was able to convince a sleeping bear to let me use an elevator it was sleeping on as opposed to failing the roll and pissing it off and it chucking me across the map.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I just became CPR certified ya boy's ready to save a life :cool:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you can tell people where did they go wrong.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

apophenium posted:

I just became CPR certified ya boy's ready to save a life :cool:

:respek:

Our instructor told us that the breath of life is no longer official doctrine but to not be cowards and just do it because if you’re waiting longer than 10 minutes for the ambulance then you’re just handing over a corpse otherwise

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Just passed my probationary period. These idiots want to keep giving me money. What fools!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

graph posted:

“with the job is done, we can go home now”

I love my indifferent, work-hating basketball king

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Bard Maddox posted:

I love my indifferent, work-hating basketball king

its incredible lol

https://twitter.com/joshoea18/status/1668652663976624128

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7244139655241764142

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/zachbdunn/status/1097258783871565831

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm way more into sci-fi stuff than fantasy. Probably part of the reason I could never get that into Skyrim, aside from openworld stuff sometimes feeling too aimless for me. But I'm willing to chance it for Starfield because it looks cool as hell.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant – when the expansion releases is when I may finally dive into it.

I just heard some details that made me way less excited about Starfield - apparently a ton of quests and maps are randomly generated through AI and the footage showed no aliens. I'll have to wait until I see more - I only heard this in passing so I haven't been able to verify for myself.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

space game with no aliens sounds wack af

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe making first contact is one of the major 'we are working toward this' things of the game and there definitely won't be aliens to talk to, etc. it's not mass effecty at all with relays and other stuff that isn't based on something feasible in the near future. very boring :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
RIP Cormac McCarthy, here's an incredibly in-depth breakdown of Blood Meridian I really enjoyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu6STuj4njw