Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
who are these fedheads and wwe stans that some of you keep posting about

they're not on the forums are they? I hope not they sound p dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Why watch the video or write all those words if you think WWE can be summed up as the rape company? Concern about the sexual abuse that took place within the company at the highest levels seems very much warranted, but throwing it in as a jab at the end of an unrelated rant feels flippant, like you're just using it as an insult because you don't like the company for other reasons.

Hi there, guy who started posting in this thread two days ago.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

What if he was Stold Cone steve austin and he stole a drat cone?!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What if he was Cold Stone Steve Austin and he sold cones.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

TheSwizzler posted:

who are these fedheads and wwe stans that some of you keep posting about

they're not on the forums are they? I hope not they sound p dumb.

I keep making the mistake of reading reddit. People post the cinema stuff here as a joke, but it's not a joke there.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Why watch the video or write all those words if you think WWE can be summed up as the rape company? Concern about the sexual abuse that took place within the company at the highest levels seems very much warranted, but throwing it in as a jab at the end of an unrelated rant feels flippant, like you're just using it as an insult because you don't like the company for other reasons.

The rape company stuff ain't flippant from my pov.

It's more about the idea that now Vince is gone, all that stuff is in the past and we can just move on, even though the enablers are still there. And I like mocking the bad company, especially when they do a title change in the main event of their TV show and gently caress the finish and the aforementioned fans on reddit can't seem to get enough.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm glad that Dr Kool AIDS is here to tell us about appropriate and respectful ways to refer to companies.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i will definitely not watch wwe again since all that stuff was publicized and i think it's a valid point that if people want to engage with wwe as entertainment (criticize the shows) then saying "rape company" isn't really any more damning to that person than saying something like "that was the stupidest booking decision i've ever seen" or else wtf are they really doing? isn't that minimizing what "rape company" is actually referring to? or else an explanation is in order for a dumbo like me. or ignore this. 2cents

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Simple answer: it's because the WWE is a rape company. :v:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

something else i thought of before i go sleepy. there used to be a banner ad on this forum asking people to sign up to some online game in order to kill what i believe were said to be real life nazis who were also playing that game. i think it was a sign-up based browser game but it might have been something else. apparently it was a very nazi-beloved game. i do find a similarity between that and people who post about wwe as tv shows while morally objecting to them as a company, and i wonder how many do or don't see at best some weirdness in that and at worst sort of that 'being good is my hobby' thing that sometimes happens. respectfully. goodbye forever. jk

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I can certainly see an argument that mocking something for something ludicrous even though they are abhorrent in themselves is valid. I mean, It's often done badly (Drumpf\covfefe\nappies) but it's done by literally millions of people daily.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

onl;y one week til backlash :pray:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh, be still my beating heart.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Is it still Wrestlemania™ Backlash or is it just Backlash again now?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Is it still Wrestlemania™ Backlash or is it just Backlash again now?

Backlash France apparently https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlash_France

quote:

Cody Rhodes defends the undisputed WWE title against AJ Styles
Damien Priest defends the world heavyweight title against Jey Uso

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

onl;y one week til backlash :pray:

i feel like theres backlash every week

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

we dropped a deuce of wrestlemanias… now… inevitably…. wwe backsplashTM

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Has anybody made a flash video of burgers burgers burgers Sheamus Sheamus to the tune of the badger song lmk

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

stab posted:

Has anybody made a flash video

not for like a decade

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

stab posted:

Has anybody made a flash video of burgers burgers burgers Sheamus Sheamus to the tune of the badger song lmk

Burgers burgers burgers burgers fella fella

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

History Comes Inside! posted:

Burgers burgers burgers burgers fella fella

AHHHH IT'S A SCOT, A SCCCOTTTTTTTTTT

burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers burgers
Fella fella

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm going to reiterate that, yes, using charged language and being pithy to discuss the WWE's many horrible crimes and the lawsuit is a fine way to lessen the impact of discussing what the issues the lawsuit brought up actually are. Please don't use it as a gotcha after a booking rant. It deserves more gravity than that.

Also, don't go after someone for being new to the forum or thread. I get that there was a period where weird bad faith posters were Just Asking Questions and we do get weird reregged users with grudges sometimes but we gotta remember that not everyone is as in tune with the goings-on of it all and not everyone's out to get the thread riled up.

STING 64 posted:

i feel like theres backlash every week

lol

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm going to reiterate that, yes, using charged language and being pithy to discuss the WWE's many horrible crimes and the lawsuit is a fine way to lessen the impact of discussing what the issues the lawsuit brought up actually are. Please don't use it as a gotcha after a booking rant. It deserves more gravity than that.

Said it better than I could, so I'll stop reacting to dumb, pile on jokes on the topic the way I have. Pardon the shade earlier.

Lots of tribalism in responses is another good point that reminded me of wrestling forums around the Monday Night Wars later years. Opposition to a fed over time morphed into a moral stance and to a lack of discussion.

Anyways, Trick/Ilja was a great series where the wrestlers weren't directly feuding the whole time, yet built on match work. The in-ring eminded me of the golden days of NXT where we'd get a series of matches that built off of each other to satisfying end. I mean, the main storyline was Trick/Mello Problems, but Ilja was seeded in without much dissonance.

And I don't know why, but Big Goofy Josh Briggs seems to be turning a corner. I hope they can keep it moving forward as I'm seeing some fire that could be stoked.

SpeakSlow fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 25, 2024

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SpeakSlow posted:

Said it better than I could, so I'll stop reacting to dumb, pile on jokes on the topic the way I have. Pardon the shade earlier.

Lots of tribalism in responses is another good point that reminded me of wrestling forums around the Monday Night Wars later years. Opposition to a fed over time morphed into a moral stance and to a lack of discussion.

Anyways, Trick/Ilja was a great series where the wrestlers weren't directly feuding the whole time, yet built on match work. The in-ring eminded me of the golden days of NXT where we'd get a series of matches that built off of each other to satisfying end. I mean, the main storyline was Trick/Mello Problems, but Ilja was seeded in without much dissonance.

And I don't know why, but Big Goofy Josh Briggs seems to be turning a corner. I hope they can keep it moving forward as I'm seeing some fire that could be stoked.

it sucked

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ok that's fine

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That match seems good from what I’ve seen, Dragonuv is a top three guy on the entire roster.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ilja Dragunov sucks rear end, TLD gave me his moveset and i always fuckin lost

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

That match seems good from what I’ve seen, Dragonuv is a top three guy on the entire roster.

he rules

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

stab posted:

AHHHH IT'S A SCOT, A SCCCOTTTTTTTTTT

Fella fella

I read this in the tune of the Burger King Whopper commercial

Burger burger burger fella

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

"Hello! Backlash France open for business! Damien Priest vs Jey Uso for world title! Who are you to resist? The last saudi blood check bounced! My children need wine!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

"Hello! Backlash France open for business! Damien Priest vs Jey Uso for world title! Who are you to resist? The last saudi blood check bounced! My children need wine!"

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lamuella posted:

I'm glad that Dr Kool AIDS is here to tell us about appropriate and respectful ways to refer to companies.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Codependent Poster posted:

I read this in the tune of the Burger King Whopper commercial

Burger burger burger fella

Now read it in the tune of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

MorningMoon posted:

honhonhon

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

AJ's not wide enough

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Ilja was cooler with the red contacts

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MorningMoon posted:

Michael Cole doing the faux excitement yelling

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dragonshirt posted:

Ilja was cooler with the red contacts

Ilja's still cool even with his lovely little goblin mustache, too bad when he gets to the main roster they'll rename him Lil' Ya and give him a rappin' Russian gimmick

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ilja and his t-rex arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Very respectful

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/cameron-grimes-told-last-week-he-didnt-need-to-worry-about-losing-wwe-job

quote:

So I was told by a high executive last week on Friday that I would always have a job here. I would never have to worry about losing my job here, after expressing my concerns like that to him.

And then five days later, they called me and told that I do lose the job. So I don't know.