Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pops Mgee posted:

I've never had fried turkey. I've tried to convince my family to do it every Thanksgiving and nobody wants to do it. :smith:

It's super easy. Just make sure you take the displacement of the bird into account when you put the oil in. After you get the bird in it's just drinking beer and watching it till its done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Its Rinaldo posted:

gently caress Oregon, Washington is better

I'm going to need to see your work on this one.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Washington crushed Oregon earlier this season so

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmfao I'm so glad my dad isn't around anymore to see ND absolutely blow it whenever they have something good going. It'd be enough to kill him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

Lmfao I'm so glad my dad isn't around anymore to see ND absolutely blow it whenever they have something good going. It'd be enough to kill him.

I am trying very hard to not be glad that your dad is dead.

(j/k but gently caress Notre Dame always is equal to gently caress Duke)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Grittybeard posted:

I am trying very hard to not be glad that your dad is dead.

Hahahahaha oh don't worry. He wasn't a die-hard fan. But he'd still get pissed off.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

Whoa now

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

We had Thanksgiving at our house for a three-year stretch and it felt like the torch was being passed to my wife and our little family. :unsmith:

Then my dad's leg got hosed up even worse than it already was and now he can't really walk or travel at all (we're 2 hours away) so it's back to my wife's aunt's house and a visit to my folks afterwards to watch the late game. Not that I don't like her aunt but it was finally our turn to take over a tradition for our family and I really enjoyed putting together a nice big meal for the people I love. :smith:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Washington is literally above Oregon in the country it starts there :colbert:

Also lol gently caress the Huskies

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That just means you share a border with Canada, the least American spot a state can situate itself. But I don't mean to get into a whole thing, I just meant in terms of food. What's your argument for Washingtonian superiority?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Look at this dumb list that doesn't credit Arizona for having the only UNESCO heritage city of gastronomy in the US

https://en.unesco.org/creative-cities/tucson

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That just means you share a border with Canada, the least American spot a state can situate itself. But I don't mean to get into a whole thing, I just meant in terms of food. What's your argument for Washingtonian superiority?

It's got everything Oregon has but more both in variety and quantity plus some interesting eastern european/Russian immigrant food that Oregon doesn't have.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Go Badgers

Also gently caress Brand New

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

My chili got two whole votes and that qualifies me to say what you are making there is uhhhhhhh, problematic
I was going to do the infamous chili from the goldmined thread with the French onion soup packets and people lining up to suck his dick to get the taste of his chili out of his mouth, but to make it by making a lot of the base ingredients like French onion soup and garlic tomato paste from scratch, use real NM chilies and chiplotes in adobo, NO BEANS, then put it all in a hollowed out bell pepper with the skin peeled to make it a tiny jack'o'lantern.

Then I was lazy and missed it all. Making it tomorrow anyway.

edit: read your thread: Smoking that beef and all of the peppers is good and cool.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 12, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It's got everything Oregon has but more both in variety and quantity plus some interesting eastern european/Russian immigrant food that Oregon doesn't have.

Also a large Korean population so I can get kalbi whenever I want.

Ignore my mother being Korean and makes kalbi and kimchi bokkeumbap whenever I ask

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Grittybeard posted:

My sister once met Mr Rogers and he was exactly still Mr Rogers when he wasn't on camera.

Oh Jesus, I think I've found the celebrity it would most bother me to hear allegations about. Him or Bob Ross I guess.
Mr. Rogers was a pure human being and the closest thing to an actual saint.

Thinking what local celebrity would bug me it would have to be Rick Sebak which is a name only people in Pittsburgh who used to watch a bunch WQED and PBS would know.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Bob Ross being awful would legit devastate me given how linked he is to watching his show when I was a kid at home from school sick
I mean Arthur has partially been ruined for me because I found out that the nerdy character I related to as a kid was voiced by Steven Crowder

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn this ep of mr robot was loving amazing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Did anyone else catch the nod to doom in Thor Ragnarok?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Teriyaki was (probably) invented in Washington, seafood is the best the entire country. Also they have Dick's Burgers. I don't know what chain someone is going to tell me is actually better that Oregon has (probably something from the East coast), but that chain wasn't loving invented in Oregon and Dick's was invented in Washington.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Teriyaki was (probably) invented in Washington,

Nope

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I meant in the same way Pizza was invented in America.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think I've seen that what we tend to think of as teriyaki started in Hawaii but Seattle definitely popularized everything for the American palate.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite posted:

Goddamn this ep of mr robot was loving amazing.

It was so good. I want everyone to watch the show.

I'm typing this as I stand in my underwear as my dog poops in the yard at 6:30am on a Sunday.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Did anyone else catch the nod to doom in Thor Ragnarok?

Spoiler that poo poo!!! I'm going today!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's fun, you'll like it. The only issue I had with Thor:Ragnarok is that it's not a perfect film and Bladerunner 2049 recently taught me perfect films are a thing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Everyone from all over the world always claims to have the best seafood but it's basically just "this restaurant I ate at cares about freshness" and it's super common.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The style of teriyaki cooking is from Japan, but the idea of a teriyaki specific restaurant started in Seattle for sure.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/929090115397226496

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think this is the funniest thing that's come out of cspam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9utcd7LSXI

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
So I deseeded the New Mexico chilies and rewatered (?) them, should I deseed the chipotles in adobo? Or gently caress it and just use the adobo? Not big fans of spice in this house aside from myself.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I love cold, miserable weekend weather.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Roll tide

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

I love cold, miserable weekend weather.

Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

My father in law and I call it FOOTBALL WEATHER. We are incapable of saying it normally. Unfortunately it's all sun in Santa Clara today so the sins of the 49ers have nowhere to hide.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wanna see a real loving bad way to respond to sexual assault allegations?

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/929752149369729025

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I feel bad for people who live in places that don't have seasons.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Holy poo poo george no

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wanna see a real loving bad way to respond to sexual assault allegations?

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/status/929752149369729025

Finally somebody is looking out for the accused :911:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm just sitting on my couch as my captains level up in the fight pits. My wife is taking a nap and we've got a fire going. Life is good, friends.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pubic works project posted:

I'm just sitting on my couch as my captains level up in the fight pits. My wife is taking a nap and we've got a fire going. Life is good, friends.

My new house has a gas fireplace in the den. I'm pretty excited about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's fun, you'll like it. The only issue I had with Thor:Ragnarok is that it's not a perfect film and Bladerunner 2049 recently taught me perfect films are a thing.

I guess you haven't seen Snatch yet

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I feel bad for people who live in places that don't have seasons.

Overrated

• Locked thread