Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Let's leave voice acting to the professionals like Chris Pratt please

Foolish gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bit the bullet on elevator action returns and other than it being one of those annoying-rear end games where double-tap is run, it is still extremely fun

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Welp, I finally catch up on the thread after not reading it for... far too long ( Just grabbed a chunk of pages back ) but holy hell Deku Deals is amazing and I wish I knew about this before! Thanks!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Technically you're actually correct now that I think about it (there was voice acting at the beginning when the Arwings are going through a tunnel, a conversation between Fox and General Pepper at the end, and of course a voice saying "Good Luck" when you start a level)

Well, of course I'm correct. Though I did not now there was bits and pieces of a foreign language in the SNES-version, completely wiped that from my brain! (Probably because I played tons of Axelay, in which a very markant voice says "Good Luck" too, which over time was the only voice left in my memories when someone mentions a shmup and "Good Luck" in one sentence)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On that note, whatever happened to Dan Owsen anyway? His last credit was Ocarina of Time in 1998

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
charles martinet threw him in a volcano over a voice direction dispute

Super Mario 64 still contains a voice clip recorded at that time, kept in-game as a sort of tribute.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Larryb posted:

On that note, whatever happened to Dan Owsen anyway? His last credit was Ocarina of Time in 1998

There's this interview with him from 2011, and it sounds like he had rejoined Nintendo at some point: https://www.zeldadungeon.net/exclusive-interview-dan-owsen-talks-zelda-timeline/

His LinkedIn also says he's a senior manager of localization as of 2020: https://www.linkedin.com/in/danowsen/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

bit the bullet on elevator action returns and other than it being one of those annoying-rear end games where double-tap is run, it is still extremely fun

kirby is the only one who can make a command dash feel okay

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i feel bad about rushing XC2 a bit because this is absolutely a game i could have gotten obsessed with when it released now that i'm actually clicking with the combat

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

charles martinet threw him in a volcano over a voice direction dispute

Super Mario 64 still contains a voice clip recorded at that time, kept in-game as a sort of tribute.

There’s an Owsen clip in Mario 64? Where?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1599841036771147776

Nintendo Game Pass but it's only one game at a time and only for a week instead of 2+ years.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they've done that a few times, i played Captain Toad that way. idk if theres any rhyme or reason to when it happens

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it was the perfect amount of time to play pokken and ARMS

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Tall Tale Teller posted:

[...] and what the gently caress is an Abe?

My grandpa. He made quite a reputation for himself.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1599841036771147776

Nintendo Game Pass but it's only one game at a time and only for a week instead of 2+ years.

Huh, weird, but on the plus side I was thinking of getting it and now I can just play through it for free.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looper posted:

it was the perfect amount of time to play pokken and ARMS

I really want a Pokken 2, I need more Pokemon doing Tekken moves. Croakgunk has Miguel's one hit KO and that's badass.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
My sister bought a Switch and I bought her a Stardew Valley code for it, and what do you know her husband and kids love the Switch and is thinking about buying a second one, but how does digital game sharing work?

If the husband gets a Switch of his own, can he play her Stardew Valley if he's logged into her account on his switch? Can my sister play Stardew on her own switch at the same time the husband is on her account on the second switch?

Nintendo's help pages were less than clear and makes my brain melt, I didnt think sharing was possible but I havent moved on from my 3ds.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

teagone posted:

Is ANNO: Mutationem considered a metroidvania-type? I haven't played it, but it's on my wishlist and it'll get added to my massive backlog eventually (lol).

It's not really a metroidvania. There is some backtracking and stuff you can do, but the levels feel more discreet and not completely interconnected. It's kind of a hard to explain game, but I really enjoyed my time with it and the devs were very actively listening to feedback and patching when it first came out. The story can't really deliver on what it is trying to do, but the setting/graphics/gameplay make up for any shortcomings.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

PlushCow posted:

If the husband gets a Switch of his own, can he play her Stardew Valley if he's logged into her account on his switch? Can my sister play Stardew on her own switch at the same time the husband is on her account on the second switch?
The secondary Switch has to be connected to the internet, and I believe the limitation is just that you can't both play the same game at the same time on the same account.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Martman posted:

The secondary Switch has to be connected to the internet, and I believe the limitation is just that you can't both play the same game at the same time on the same account.

No, you can’t play any game owned by the account if the person with the primary Switch is playing on that account. My son was hard into Odyssey for awhile which was digital on my account and if I started playing any game on my Switch he would get booted to the Home screen.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Riven posted:

No, you can’t play any game owned by the account if the person with the primary Switch is playing on that account. My son was hard into Odyssey for awhile which was digital on my account and if I started playing any game on my Switch he would get booted to the Home screen.

I bought a Switch Lite for myself ( The Pokemon Sword and Shield Switch was only a Lite ) and my Wife plays games all the time on the primary account Switch while I play games myself.

I'm generally a physical game player, but she can play games I have bought digitally.

Specifically I bought Animal Crossing digital for her ( On my account ) and I had the physical version that I played on my Lite and she was fine to play it while I was logged into my account playing Animal Crossing on the physical.

Fake Edit:
Hell, I know for a fact we BOTH played the digital Animal Crossing at the same time when I forgot to get the cart, and the only 'Limitation' was that we couldn't go online! Once I saw we couldn't visit each other I realized I didn't have the cart in.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Riven posted:

Oh geez... I guess you're basically right, and I could have set this up better in my case. If you instead use two accounts and have the purchaser be the account using the secondary Switch, you should actually be able to both play at the same time.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Marx Headroom posted:

Whatever dude, I picked up LM3 on this thread's rec (someone called it their GOTY) and got burned so now I'm cursed to warn others, like a horror movie ghost of an unsolved murder victim that seems unchill but is actually helpful

Idk why you feel the need to warn people about your own bad taste in video games, but thank you for your service

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Martman posted:

Riven posted:

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I bought a Switch Lite for myself ( The Pokemon Sword and Shield Switch was only a Lite ) and my Wife plays games all the time on the primary account Switch while I play games myself.

I'm generally a physical game player, but she can play games I have bought digitally.

Specifically I bought Animal Crossing digital for her ( On my account ) and I had the physical version that I played on my Lite and she was fine to play it while I was logged into my account playing Animal Crossing on the physical.

Fake Edit:
Hell, I know for a fact we BOTH played the digital Animal Crossing at the same time when I forgot to get the cart, and the only 'Limitation' was that we couldn't go online! Once I saw we couldn't visit each other I realized I didn't have the cart in.

Martman posted:

Oh geez... I guess you're basically right, and I could have set this up better in my case. If you instead use two accounts and have the purchaser be the account using the secondary Switch, you should actually be able to both play at the same time.

I appreciate the responses and will relay the info, they only had a SNES classic before and it's kinda fun seeing them all excited about the Switch :blessed:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

PlushCow posted:

I appreciate the responses and will relay the info, they only had a SNES classic before and it's kinda fun seeing them all excited about the Switch :blessed:

Of note, for my situation, My Account primary is on the full size switch, and my Wife is using her account on that. Anyone can play any downloaded game bought on that "Primary Switch" for my account. I need to be able to connect online when playing on my account on my Switch Lite.

So technically the account that has Stardew purchased would need to have it's "Primary Switch" set to the Switch they won't really be playing on in order for different accounts to be able to play Stardew on that one without issue.

Fake Edit:
I think I summarized that OK? The first time I wrote it all out it was much more confusing :confused:

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Of note, for my situation, My Account primary is on the full size switch, and my Wife is using her account on that. Anyone can play any downloaded game bought on that "Primary Switch" for my account. I need to be able to connect online when playing on my account on my Switch Lite.

So technically the account that has Stardew purchased would need to have it's "Primary Switch" set to the Switch they won't really be playing on in order for different accounts to be able to play Stardew on that one without issue.

Fake Edit:
I think I summarized that OK? The first time I wrote it all out it was much more confusing :confused:

You did good, I understand it; Nintendo's convoluted system is the problem but it can be made to work :)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Bayo 3 loving ruled and I can't believe I took a full month to get round to it.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
it's crazy how good it is, thank you platinum for saving my life yet again

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

American McGay posted:

Word you're struggling for is "demo"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s not a demo though it’s the full game. You’re very likely to beat the entire game in the week given. The closest analogy would probably be a rental.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

It’s not a demo though it’s the full game. You’re very likely to beat the entire game in the week given. The closest analogy would probably be a rental.
I wish I could rent a new release nintendo cart for the weekend, like the good old days.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

B33rChiller posted:

I wish I could rent a new release nintendo cart for the weekend, like the good old days.

Have you tried your local library?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Buying first-party games on cart is basically like renting with the option to keep it, if you don't like it just resell it secondhand and you'll probably only be out like $15-$20

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Larryb posted:

There’s an Owsen clip in Mario 64? Where?

If you whiff the hammer toss in any of the boss fights, Mario says “so long, Dan Owsen.”

You basically have to mess up on purpose for that to happen, so most people haven't heard it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PlushCow posted:

You did good, I understand it; Nintendo's convoluted system is the problem but it can be made to work :)

isn't that literally how all the consoles do it

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

isn't that literally how all the consoles do it

I'm guessing PS5-users don't generally have more than one console, so sharing troubles across multiple consoles doesn't happen as often. :v:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Toad King posted:

SNES Star Fox or N64 Star Fox?

SNES of course

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Waffle! posted:

Have you tried your local library?

Hell mine just has a Switch*

*You can check it out and play in the library not take home

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

B33rChiller posted:

We still have a giant rear end rental store in the city; the last of its kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

We don't even have the regular-size rear end rental places here any more.