Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Uncle Meat posted:

I almost started a new thread about this, but then I thought to actually read the FAQ thread for once. :)

Does anyone know which movie this is from?

Click here for the full 619x615 image.

Pretty sure this is Fritz Lang's "Metropolis".

Edit: Yup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cag6CSo-g9c

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Meat
Feb 8, 2008

I will eat your children.

Zwabu posted:

Pretty sure this is Fritz Lang's "Metropolis".

Edit: Yup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cag6CSo-g9c

Thanks! :D

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

ipaid10buxforthis posted:

I'm looking for a Jackie Chan movie I saw in the 90's.

Jackie plays an orphan at a mafia run orphange(I think) who learns cheat at cards. All I remember is a scene where one of Jackie's childhood friends get his hand chopped off for cheating the godfather.

The biggest thing I remember is that there's a girl who happens on a former spec-ops in a subway. She gets harassed by some guy, the soldier offers to beat the poo poo out of the guy for food, she agrees and he beats the guy down. The two become friends and he keeps beating people up so long as she pays for his food.

Like I said I saw it in the 90's with my parents, I can't remember if it was before Rumble in the Bronx came out or after. There is a small chance that Jackie Chan isn't even in the movie, since IMDB doesn't list a movie that's even similar to what I'm describing.

God of Gamblers 3: The Early Stage ?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

What movie is this originally from?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Some W.C. Fields poo poo

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The truly hilarious "The Bank Dick":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032234/

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Can someone help identify this movie? I remember a specific scene in which a man has a gun and he is being talked to and calmed down by people around him, who may or may not have been cops. Eventually, he lifts his hands up and surrenders. However, he is holding the gun in one hand and his pinky is caught in the trigger. At the last second when everyone is close to him, he lets the gun spin around on his finger so it is in position to fire at the man in front of him. After the shooting, he starts to laugh.

Is this familiar to anyone because its been in my mind for the last 3 days and Im sure I didnt make it up. Thanks for any help.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

zombieman posted:

The truly hilarious "The Bank Dick":
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032234/

That frog head's not in the original right? I promised myself never to bother with WC Fields again.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

oldpainless posted:

Can someone help identify this movie? I remember a specific scene in which a man has a gun and he is being talked to and calmed down by people around him, who may or may not have been cops. Eventually, he lifts his hands up and surrenders. However, he is holding the gun in one hand and his pinky is caught in the trigger. At the last second when everyone is close to him, he lets the gun spin around on his finger so it is in position to fire at the man in front of him. After the shooting, he starts to laugh.

Is this familiar to anyone because its been in my mind for the last 3 days and Im sure I didnt make it up. Thanks for any help.

There's a scene like this in Tombstone kind of. The head Cowboy dude comes out of an opium den high out of his mind and starts just randomly shooting poo poo and people all flee the streets. The town sheriff says it isn't town business it's county business, or maybe it was the other way around. So anyway the other law man goes out to settle poo poo down. The scene then plays out pretty much like you described, although instead of just laughing his head off the shooter laughs a little bit then gets all confused because he is completely baked.

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to because I'd like to think you would have remembered it was from the old west, but hey memories can be funny things.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Pretty sure there was a scene like that in some Clint Eastwood movie from the '70s. I want to say it was The Outlaw Josey Wales.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

That frog head's not in the original right? I promised myself never to bother with WC Fields again.

Nah, it's from this asinine (awesome) meme where the frog tells people to get out, so they edit him into the appropriate movies. :frogout:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

anticake posted:

There's a scene like this in Tombstone kind of. The head Cowboy dude comes out of an opium den high out of his mind and starts just randomly shooting poo poo and people all flee the streets. The town sheriff says it isn't town business it's county business, or maybe it was the other way around. So anyway the other law man goes out to settle poo poo down. The scene then plays out pretty much like you described, although instead of just laughing his head off the shooter laughs a little bit then gets all confused because he is completely baked.

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to because I'd like to think you would have remembered it was from the old west, but hey memories can be funny things.

This is the scene, thank you. I don't know how I forgot the old west part, but somehow I did. My mind blanked. And I've seen tombstone like three times. I don't know how I forgot. AnywY, thanks for the help

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Nah, it's from this asinine (awesome) meme where the frog tells people to get out, so they edit him into the appropriate movies. :frogout:

Second one is Wanted.

EDIT: errr, if you were even asking.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

I got a scene from a movie stuck in my head today. I figured that if anybody can figure it out, it'd be you guys.

What I'm thinking about is some movie that probably came out in the late 90s to probably 2004 at the latest.

The scene that I keep revisiting in my head is of a young lady (early 30s?) digging up her entire backyard to her house which is fenced in. The backyard isn't huge either. This is taking place because human bones have been found in the backyard.
I remember an overhead crane shot of the backyard, and also pipelines from the house's plumbing being an obstacle in the backyard. Oh, and I think a dog found the first bone in the backyard.

This was a major studio release as I remember seeing this scene in a theater.

And for some reason I want to believe that the title of the film was either one or two words.

Any ideas?

Komitet
May 11, 2006
I've wondered about this one for a long time.

I remember when I was much younger, watching some movie about this kid who got abducted by the government or some corporation or something because he had some kind of ESP or something, and he made a video game explode in one scene.

Also a vague image of a cello case or something, but maybe that's a crossed wire in my head.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Warlocktopus
Aug 19, 2006
Post Post-Modern Man
This one's been driving me nuts. I've googled the hell out of keywords "heart in crystal/bottle" with variations on sultan, caliph, vizier, and whatnot, I've looked through everything wikipedia and imdb has on "Arabian" movies, and I can't find it.

My childhood mind remembers this, obviously, as being an Arabian Knights style fantasy movie. There are two scenes that stick in my mind:

Someone stabs the villain, who is some evil vizier/sultan/general king type, through the chest, and he stands back and holds his arms wide with the sword sticking through him in a "Ha, look, I've got a sword sticking through me and I seriously just do not give a poo poo. Hey everybody, check out my impalement!" sort of way.

The second scene is near what I assume to be the end of the movie, wherein they find the dude's heart inside a crystal or a bottle or something, thus being why he can survive being stabbed through the chest. Someone throws the heart down into lava or fire or something of a similarly hostile-to-disembodied-hearts nature, and this causes the heartless villain to finally bite it.

I dig Arabian fantasy, and I dig villains with disembodied hearts, so I've been trying to figure out this sucker forever because I want to see the full thing.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Warlocktopus posted:

This one's been driving me nuts. I've googled the hell out of keywords "heart in crystal/bottle" with variations on sultan, caliph, vizier, and whatnot, I've looked through everything wikipedia and imdb has on "Arabian" movies, and I can't find it.

My childhood mind remembers this, obviously, as being an Arabian Knights style fantasy movie. There are two scenes that stick in my mind:

Someone stabs the villain, who is some evil vizier/sultan/general king type, through the chest, and he stands back and holds his arms wide with the sword sticking through him in a "Ha, look, I've got a sword sticking through me and I seriously just do not give a poo poo. Hey everybody, check out my impalement!" sort of way.

The second scene is near what I assume to be the end of the movie, wherein they find the dude's heart inside a crystal or a bottle or something, thus being why he can survive being stabbed through the chest. Someone throws the heart down into lava or fire or something of a similarly hostile-to-disembodied-hearts nature, and this causes the heartless villain to finally bite it.

I dig Arabian fantasy, and I dig villains with disembodied hearts, so I've been trying to figure out this sucker forever because I want to see the full thing.

Captain Sinbad

EDIT: the best part is the heart is guarded by a giant hand that tries to smash Sinbad when he goes for it, then it does this giant :nyd:

Glass Joe fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 11, 2010

Warlocktopus
Aug 19, 2006
Post Post-Modern Man

Glass Joe posted:

Captain Sinbad

EDIT: the best part is the heart is guarded by a giant hand that tries to smash Sinbad when he goes for it, then it does this giant :nyd:

It's a Sinbad movie, no less? Every holiday just happened at once. Thank you.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

cardedagain posted:

I got a scene from a movie stuck in my head today. I figured that if anybody can figure it out, it'd be you guys.

What I'm thinking about is some movie that probably came out in the late 90s to probably 2004 at the latest.

The scene that I keep revisiting in my head is of a young lady (early 30s?) digging up her entire backyard to her house which is fenced in. The backyard isn't huge either. This is taking place because human bones have been found in the backyard.
I remember an overhead crane shot of the backyard, and also pipelines from the house's plumbing being an obstacle in the backyard. Oh, and I think a dog found the first bone in the backyard.

This was a major studio release as I remember seeing this scene in a theater.

And for some reason I want to believe that the title of the film was either one or two words.

Any ideas?

It wasn't a woman, it was Kevin Bacon, but are you thinking of Stir of Echoes?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Komitet posted:

I remember when I was much younger, watching some movie about this kid who got abducted by the government or some corporation or something because he had some kind of ESP or something, and he made a video game explode in one scene.

Also a vague image of a cello case or something, but maybe that's a crossed wire in my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.A.R.Y.L. ?

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
I'm sitting here watching GI Joe, and I cant for the life of me remember the movie that was based on GI Joe. The main character was Destro. It's set in the future (or something) where he cures a virus and through that rules the world. I dont think the movie ever came out and it may have just been viral. The movie had a latin name, IIRC. Any ideas?

EDIT: The movie is Canzo Empyrean

Teepkick Shakur fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 12, 2010

Yancakes
Sep 5, 2004

Quick search for a friend.

"That movie with the kid who is put into the foster care system and goes insane and winds up burning down his mom's house. I saw it on cable and never got the name of it but it was a pretty good movie."

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I'm trying to place this one shot I remember from a zombie movie. A bunch of people are on the roof of a building getting wasted and having a huge we're-about-to-die-anyways orgy. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

Yancakes posted:

Quick search for a friend.

"That movie with the kid who is put into the foster care system and goes insane and winds up burning down his mom's house. I saw it on cable and never got the name of it but it was a pretty good movie."

Little criminals?

Postmaster General
Mar 12, 2007

gger
Alright, this is going to be super vague but I'll try my best: there was a tape I used to get a lot from the library that was this short movie with puppets. It definitely wasn't directly Muppets-related, but I guess it could have been a Jim Henson thing. I think I remember that the main character was a dragon or dinosaur, but that might be totally wrong. I think the title had the main character's name in it. Pretty sure a lot of it took place in a forest and he might have been looking for something in it? I also think I remember there was a talking fountain or wall covered in vines or something. And at one point he might have been in a cabin. Any of this could be completely wrong but hopefully there's enough in there to give someone even a slight idea.

e: Also I'm pretty sure there was singing.
e2: If I had to guess this would be like late 80s, maybe early early 90s.
e THREE: I keep thinking of Horton Hears a Who when I try to remember the name, so now I'm thinking its name might be similar to that. Like "(Character Name) Somethings a Something"

Postmaster General fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Feb 13, 2010

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Postmaster General posted:

Alright, this is going to be super vague but I'll try my best: there was a tape I used to get a lot from the library that was this short movie with puppets. It definitely wasn't directly Muppets-related, but I guess it could have been a Jim Henson thing. I think I remember that the main character was a dragon or dinosaur, but that might be totally wrong. I think the title had the main character's name in it. Pretty sure a lot of it took place in a forest and he might have been looking for something in it? I also think I remember there was a talking fountain or wall covered in vines or something. And at one point he might have been in a cabin. Any of this could be completely wrong but hopefully there's enough in there to give someone even a slight idea.

Pretty sure this is Eureka's Castle, a great old Nickelodeon TV show!

Postmaster General
Mar 12, 2007

gger
Nah I watched Eureka's Castle all the time and this definitely wasn't it. It was special- or movie-length I'm pretty sure and, at the time at least, seemed maybe a little creepy? Not like Eureka's Castle.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Postmaster General posted:

Long shot, but if not Eureeka's Castle, how about H.R. Pufnstuf?

EDIT: or possibly Sigmund and the Sea Monsters?

Postmaster General
Mar 12, 2007

gger
Those are both badass but nope it's neither one. I'm really pretty certain it wasn't any kind of series.

sublyme
Mar 21, 2003
lol poker
Ok, this is all I can remember - something about it maybe taking place in the 50's, with giant ants in a movie (was it a 3d movie?) where there was a threat of bombing from maybe cuba, so there was a fallout shelter under the movie theater and a guy and girl wind up in the shelter and think everyone has died in the nuking so they start making out with the idea that they have to restart the human race, of course this hasn't happened after all?

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

sublyme posted:

Ok, this is all I can remember - something about it maybe taking place in the 50's, with giant ants in a movie (was it a 3d movie?) where there was a threat of bombing from maybe cuba, so there was a fallout shelter under the movie theater and a guy and girl wind up in the shelter and think everyone has died in the nuking so they start making out with the idea that they have to restart the human race, of course this hasn't happened after all?

I think it might be Matinee.

sublyme
Mar 21, 2003
lol poker

SaintFu posted:

I think it might be Matinee.

That's it! Thanks!

Komitet
May 11, 2006

regulargonzalez posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.A.R.Y.L. ?

Nope, I remember that one. The SR-71 was pretty freaking awesome.

I'm thinking about something else. D.A.R.Y.L. is very similar though, in a lot of ways. But instead of a robot, this kid just had some kind of ESP, I think.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Komitet posted:

Firestarter, possibly? It kind of fits, but I don't recall exploding video games or cello cases.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I'm trying to find a movie in which an alien breaks free in a sort of area 51 complex in the desert. The alien moves through a sort of pupal stage and at the end breaks out of the building and the army is forced to nuke the entire area.

It ends with the main characters dying in the explosion, the alien reaching the outside world before being wiped off the planet with a nuclear bomb and a shot of the desert with a single egg in the sand.

It has to be some terrible B-movie, but I'd like to see it again.

I don't remember when I saw but I'm guessing 6 years ago on television.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

This is the worst clue but I have to give it a shot.

I think it may be a horror movie but maybe not. The only thing I remember is someone whistling a very catchy song throughout the movie.

Have fun!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

The Lucas posted:

This is the worst clue but I have to give it a shot.

I think it may be a horror movie but maybe not. The only thing I remember is someone whistling a very catchy song throughout the movie.

Have fun!

Twisted Nerve? It was also referenced in Kill Bill.

Peter Lorre also whistles "In The Hall Of The Mountain King" throughout M.

Those are pretty much just stabs in the dark, though.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

morestuff posted:

Twisted Nerve? It was also referenced in Kill Bill.

Peter Lorre also whistles "In The Hall Of The Mountain King" throughout M.

Those are pretty much just stabs in the dark, though.

It's neither of the one's you linked but it is Kill Bill! Thank you, as this has been bothering me all day.

Just a fool
Oct 14, 2004
Well they call me the hunter, baby that's my name, they call me the hunter, that's how I got my fame.
When I was young I watched this horror movie and I can only remember the beginning of it. IIRC, a few teenage kids break into this old ladies house and rob her of her belongings and I think they killed her. I remember a spirit (maybe hers?) attacking them and killing them, and I really don't remember anything else, I think that was just the opening of the film. Sorry it is so vague.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

The Rover posted:

When I was young I watched this horror movie and I can only remember the beginning of it. IIRC, a few teenage kids break into this old ladies house and rob her of her belongings and I think they killed her. I remember a spirit (maybe hers?) attacking them and killing them, and I really don't remember anything else, I think that was just the opening of the film. Sorry it is so vague.

Sounds like Pumpkinhead 2: Blood Wings.