Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Every time I see or hear "It's Morphin time!", my brain automatically follows with "Let's Morphin!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Dark Energem? Oh okay I guess they are doing Tobaspino then, kind of a weird place in the story to put it but whatever.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Dr Tran posted:

Every time I see or hear "It's Morphin time!", my brain automatically follows with "Let's Morphin!"

I really, really hope Austin St. John thinks "it's morphine time" every time he's cleared to administer.

Also, I want a ride in Austin St. John's ambulance :v:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Ninja Steel had to do a last-minute recast of Ninja Steel Yellow :

Power Force posted:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the role of the Yellow Ranger was re-cast and we’re excited to announce the awesomely talented Nico Greetham will be playing the role of the Yellow Ranger.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Xelkelvos posted:

They'd probably say something different like: "ACTIVATE BIOMORPHER!"
Morpher: "IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!"

" GO GO AGENT SQUAD"

"IT'S AGENT TIME!"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

SilentChaz posted:

Ninja Steel had to do a last-minute recast of Ninja Steel Yellow :

Wonder what happened?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Probably used his ninja steel to rack up some coke

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I got an Energem today from Dozier Studios:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dr Tran posted:

Oh thank god it's not just me

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The Triceratops is the only one that even vaguely looks like what it's supposed to look like.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hate the lack of eyes.

The Zords, even in MMPR, were alive to some degree.

Removing the eyes in favor of mesh or, apparently in the Mammoth's case, exposed gears(?!?!) just dehumanizes them even more.

The one nice thing I can say is that it looks like the T-Rex will be standing up right, which would be a neat little nod. No loving clue what Jason is standing on in that picture though.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
The tail, perhaps? Maybe its facing forward or something.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It looks like the T-Rex has a drill arm like the Dino Thunder T Rex.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The Zords will also have personalities, and be voiced by your favorite actors and celebrities, like Adam Sandler!

If this ends up being true kill me.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God bless it

Looking at it with more scrutiny, it looks like he is sitting on the tail and from the way the leg is built, it looks like it'll have a 'realistic' T-Rex build.

He's riding on the T-Rex rear end. Which means I don't know what the gently caress that jaw looking thing is.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
https://twitter.com/ThePowerRangers/status/778651088698249216

So this tweet has to be unintentional, right? They can't possibly be this tasteless. Can they?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

mikeycp posted:

https://twitter.com/ThePowerRangers/status/778651088698249216

So this tweet has to be unintentional, right? They can't possibly be this tasteless. Can they?

Yes, yes they can.

For reference, please look at the original cast and their ranger colors.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Yes, yes they can.

For reference, please look at the original cast and their ranger colors.

That was two and a half decades ago though. You'd think they'd know not to make a driving joke in connection to the MM yellow ranger.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Xelkelvos posted:

That was two and a half decades ago though. You'd think they'd know not to make a driving joke in connection to the MM yellow ranger.

You seem to think they would learn from their mistakes when they are making a third Power Rangers movie.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I didn't even think of it til you mentioned it. It's not related to the car wreck or a reference in any way. What are they supposed to do, never mention cars if she is on screen?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

I didn't even think of it til you mentioned it. It's not related to the car wreck or a reference in any way. What are they supposed to do, never mention cars if she is on screen?

It's just an unfortunate coincidence that they used that tagline with one of the first bits of solo-Yellow marketing we've seen since the casting announcement.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

I think this is one of those situations where: if you recognize it as racist, you in actuality happen to be part of the problem.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

FuhrerHat posted:

I think this is one of those situations where: if you recognize it as racist, you in actuality happen to be part of the problem.

N-no, it's not an Asian driver joke, it's because Thuy Trang died in a car crash. Or are you chirping on people calling it an Asian driver joke?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Isn't the new one latina?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

N-no, it's not an Asian driver joke, it's because Thuy Trang died in a car crash. Or are you chirping on people calling it an Asian driver joke?

I understand where the reference lays. I suppose I misinterpreted where the issue was, though.

I was certainly saying that if someone sees an Asian person and a vehicle and they immediately think "well this is in bad taste of poor Asian driver jokes!", they are not being conducive to correcting the issue. Although I'm nothing but guilty of that myself, now.

Maybe.... nevermind?

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 22, 2016

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I like the idea behind those posters, but they look terrible. Aside from Billy you can't even tell what the hell they're supposed to be on top of besides terrible cgi.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

FuhrerHat posted:

I understand where the reference lays. I suppose I misinterpreted where the issue was, though.

I was certainly saying that if someone sees an Asian person and a vehicle and they immediately think "well this is in bad taste of poor Asian driver jokes!", they are not being conducive to correcting the issue. Although I'm nothing but guilty of that myself, now.

Maybe.... nevermind?

Yeah. I was only referencing the original actress dying in a car accident.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Is he trying to seduce us?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

FuhrerHat posted:

People pointing out racism are the real racists, amirite?

I'm of the mind that this is tasteless for two reasons, and pointing that out really shouldn't be as big a deal as people are making it.

"It's a little hosed up."

"Sure is."

is about all the conversation this warrants.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Good to see that the blue black guy will be the laid back black man.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Those posters are trash, i'm glad there's nothing they can put out for me to get intereste-

That's too perfect, gently caress. :negative:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Crossposting:

Incidentally, it looks like they deleted the original Yellow Ranger + Zord tweet. Guess they felt a bit of backlash?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Those posters are trash, i'm glad there's nothing they can put out for me to get intereste-

That's too perfect, gently caress. :negative:

Hopefully this version of Alpha isn't annoying as gently caress.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

jivjov posted:

Crossposting:

Incidentally, it looks like they deleted the original Yellow Ranger + Zord tweet. Guess they felt a bit of backlash?

I missed it -- what did it say?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

omg chael crash posted:

I missed it -- what did it say?

"Driver's Ed not required"

I know that they were just making a joke about a teenager operating a massive robot sabertooth...but given that the original actress for the Yellow Ranger died in a car crash, it came off as just a hair tone deaf. They could have switched that tagline with any other ranger's and nobody would have batted an eye at it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"His other ride is a van!" isn't much better, even if it doesn't reinforce stereotypes and tragic deaths.

Billy's other ride is a BUG :colbert:, thank you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Maybe the director will have a sudden attack of conscience, and give Bill Hader the reins.

I'd watch Bill Hader's Power Rangers.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

So for my podcast I got my co-hosts to agree to watch the two Power Rangers movies. After Turbo they showed some interest in doing an episode about basing an rpg campaign on the show. I put together a quick list of episodes to watch to get familiar with the cliches that was maybe 3-4 hours worth of episodes. My older co-host has watched like 8 hours of episodes and is only into season 2 or three so far.

I think I may have accidentally turned him into a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dino Charge 13 wasn't too bad, the Monster Vs Monster fight in the Megazord was a neat idea and it's nice to see the plot finally return. Not sure about Arcanon's voice though, he seems to range from tolerable to trying way too hard. Though unrealted this does bring up a thought, since they're going to keep filming there anyway why not have a season that canonically takes place in New Zealand rather than keep pretending it's America?