Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Holy gently caress this is better than O&S.

Yeah. Whenever I fought him I purposely left the shade alive to make the fight more fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i just beat princes. it feels like a dead end after this. i'm not sure where to go next.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
end game spoiler am i wrong in thinking that the last boss is the ds1 player-character?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

end game spoiler am i wrong in thinking that the last boss is the ds1 player-character?

it's meant to be an amalgamation of all the previous lords of cinder, so the ds1 character is part of it but not entirely. you see gwyn's influence a lot in the 2nd phase

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

i just beat princes. it feels like a dead end after this. i'm not sure where to go next.

Do you have all the cinders for all of the thrones at the shrine?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Benny D posted:

Confusing lore stuff / optional boss spoilers I guess I misunderstood DS1, I thought Solaire was Gwyns son? I thought he was the destroyed statue in S&Os room. Is nameless king supposed to be Solaire? Or is he the second son

the nameless King is the first son, one of his items references Ornstein and another loyal knight, who I assume is supposed to solaire

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

AHungryRobot posted:

Do you have all the cinders for all of the thrones at the shrine?

yeah but i can't seem to place the prince's ashes on the last throne. i'm assuming there's another way?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Action Tortoise posted:

yeah but i can't seem to place the prince's ashes on the last throne. i'm assuming there's another way?

It's stupid, you gotta go to the level slightly below it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

PONTIFF!!!

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
:staredog: havel the motherfucking rock outta nowhere.

(optional area spoiler)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Hipsterly] Deakin of The Deep

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How the gently caress is this guy only boss #8. I feel like I'm fighting Sephiroth

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

How the gently caress is this guy only boss #8. I feel like I'm fighting Sephiroth

lmao. I wonder what you'd think of some of the bosses in Bloodborne.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the nameless King is the first son, one of his items references Ornstein and another loyal knight, who I assume is supposed to solaire

why would you assume solaire is a knight of gwyn when he is from astora? i mean the sunlight straight sword is just an astora straight sword but sturdier....and he doesnt really stack up to gwyns other knights like artorias, ciaran or ornstein. i think his story in ds1 mirrors yours - hes just another chosen undead, and the only other one who gets as far as you do, but not without your help. hes an npc co-op tutorial

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just had to pace for 15 minutes after my most recent being swagged upon by Sulyvahn.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

why would you assume solaire is a knight of gwyn when he is from astora? i mean the sunlight straight sword is just an astora straight sword but sturdier....and he doesnt really stack up to gwyns other knights like artorias, ciaran or ornstein. i think his story in ds1 mirrors yours - hes just another chosen undead, and the only other one who gets as far as you do, but not without your help. hes an npc co-op tutorial

His item descriptions say that it's basically junk that's not anything special so the person wearing it must be extraordinary or something like that

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Has anybody tried a luck build? Can you use resins on hollow weapons?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Benny D posted:

His item descriptions say that it's basically junk that's not anything special so the person wearing it must be extraordinary or something like that

Anri is obviously this game's Solaire and her stuff says it's all down to "that most human of virtues, luck". We're probably supposed to think the same about him by extension I guess

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I just had to pace for 15 minutes after my most recent being swagged upon by Sulyvahn.

It's an epic boss fight, it took me quite a few attempts but I did it and you will too!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I did it.. hands are shaking like crazy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Benny D posted:

well he gets fooled by a sunlight maggot which always convinced me he was just a man

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That's the best Souls boss fight ever as far as I'm
concerned. Good God. Those doubled sword beams are terrifying

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

And the music was godlike as well. Based Pontiff.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

[ed sullivan announcer voice] pooope sullivaaaan

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Holy crap looks like I hosed up Greirats quest ☹️

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

ssick. i did it last night too...loving epic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPY9pQVzx9s

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wolnir down

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

net cafe scandal posted:

I sent him out to steal stuff and he hasn't come back....what have I done.......

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

We're all doing Guts builds eventually, right?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

i did completely on accident

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

im doing a casca build

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

iw as for a bit, then i got the flynn ring and never looked back

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I did, on purpose. Which sword is closest to his

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

naked freakboy with a big sword ftw

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

I did, on purpose. Which sword is closest to his