Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Someone in the main thread said they didn't understand why anyone would want to play that first list, but the second one you posted is rad as hell and I really want to build it as well. I just want an excuse to play Lightning Helix again.

I also really want to play this Naya Eldritch Evolution list that was part of the same decklist dump.

I'm surprised there's no Iona in there, for like the extra evolve fuckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Thisuck posted:

I'm surprised there's no Iona in there, for like the extra evolve fuckery.

Can't Evolve into her since she costs 9 mana and the highest CMC in the deck is 5. But now that you mention it, Elesh Norn costs 7 mana...

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
UWr control shall henceforth be known as "Jacekai No-hiri"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I want to talk Jace construction theory.

What kinds of decks does Jace optimally function in? Decks where he’s one threat of many? Decks where he’s coming down after exhausting your opponent’s options? Or decks that power him out turn 3 leaving up Birds and Hierarchs to block?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

What kinds of decks does Jace optimally function in? Decks where he’s one threat of many? Decks where he’s coming down after exhausting your opponent’s options? Or decks that power him out turn 3 leaving up Birds and Hierarchs to block?

Yes

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
They all seem good tbh but I've not used Jace in a game so I couldn't say which is best. I really want one or two in my Blue Moon deck to search for combo pieces and get rid of any creatures too big to burn away. But I'll never get any unless I crack them in M25 boosters lmao gently caress

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I just realized (between asking for information on Legacy infect vs legacy Goblins) that I have all the cards for legacy burn except a singleton sulphuric vortex. Since I'm babby's first legacy player, why not bring burn??

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Mezzanon posted:

I just realized (between asking for information on Legacy infect vs legacy Goblins) that I have all the cards for legacy burn except a singleton sulphuric vortex. Since I'm babby's first legacy player, why not bring burn??

I actually don't hate burn right now, just because I like casting Price of Progress against decks like Czech Pile, Grixis/BUG/4-Color Delver, and Lands. I'd rather be on UR Delver, but burn still gets to play it.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Can't Evolve into her since she costs 9 mana and the highest CMC in the deck is 5. But now that you mention it, Elesh Norn costs 7 mana...

Oh right, that was the original evolve chain. Nothing like clearing the board before you make it so they can't cast their stuff :D

TheKingofSprings posted:

I haven't actually played Jace outside of Legacy, and I've played him only BUG Delver and Miracles, both have FoW with either efficient removal and tempo or just hard counterbalance lock. At that point Jace is pretty much a "win more" card. I'm trying Jace out in a faeries shell to do the removal/tempo thing and see if that works out. Since once you exhaust their resources, you would be out as well, and Jace is a perfect way to refill your hand with good cards, not to mention putting some more pressure on the opponent, although Bitterblossom does a fantastic job of that if that's resolved.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

I actually don't hate burn right now, just because I like casting Price of Progress against decks like Czech Pile, Grixis/BUG/4-Color Delver, and Lands. I'd rather be on UR Delver, but burn still gets to play it.

I was thinking that as well. And as much as I like U/R delver, I'm not gonna spring for volcanics. I have a playset of trops and assorted non-blue duals.

And I mean, I have burn built, might as well slam it.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Mezzanon posted:

I was thinking that as well. And as much as I like U/R delver, I'm not gonna spring for volcanics. I have a playset of trops and assorted non-blue duals.

And I mean, I have burn built, might as well slam it.

The only games I've lost recently involved Price of Progress hitting for 10 and 12.

I finally got my Taigas. Down to 3 languages. Japanese, Italian, and one German card.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 21, 2018

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mezzanon posted:

because burn does not get to play the cards force of will and brainstorm

if your meta is specifically czech pile and lands then UR delver is worse than burn there but otherwise having force of wills is good

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

because burn does not get to play the cards force of will and brainstorm

if your meta is specifically czech pile and lands then UR delver is worse than burn there but otherwise having force of wills is good

Yeah but I'm not willing to spend $1500 on Volcanic Islands

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mezzanon posted:

Yeah but I'm not willing to spend $1500 on Volcanic Islands

Just play like 2. Play some basic mountains. Play Blood Moon. Do things. It's Legacy, there are no rules.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

EvilBeard posted:

Just play like 2. Play some basic mountains. Play Blood Moon. Do things. It's Legacy, there are no rules.

Well maybe.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Mezzanon posted:

Well maybe.

FOIL. RUSSIAN. STOMPING GROUNDS.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Thisuck posted:

FOIL. RUSSIAN. STOMPING GROUNDS.

:gizz:

Wait, which set?

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

suicidesteve posted:

:gizz:

Wait, which set?

Gatecrash :colbert:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Thisuck posted:

Gatecrash :colbert:

Oh no

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

:ohdear:

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
There's one on ebay for $100 BIN, good deal easily worth the money.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
We honor Rob Alexander in this house.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Star Man posted:

We honor Rob Alexander in this house.

Rob Alexander and John Avon are our terrain dieties. Don't bring any false prophets in here.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

Knuckles.wav

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/951887#paper

spaghetti is back on the menu boys

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Spaghetti has always been on my menu.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I'm more of a fan of the ol B/W Tokens splashing blue for Polymorph myself but that seems good too.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Seems like it would be a lot better if those Garruk Relentless were Nissa, Voice of Zendikar instead. More early chumpers, a turn 2 play, more reliable t3/4 polymorph.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Archenteron posted:

I'm more of a fan of the ol B/W Tokens splashing blue for Polymorph myself but that seems good too.

I briefly messed around with this deck but never did enough playtesting to say if it was any good or not. I doubt that it was but cheating Emrakul (or any big creature) into play is maybe my favorite thing to do in this game. I think I still have all of the pieces for that deck.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Kind of funny how bad cheating Emrakul into play at sorcery speed is in a world that will be full of Jace. I guess the token making planeswalkers help deal with that and the terastadon out of the sideboard is pretty funny.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
This is me this week, I think. Jacekai Nohiri.

reciprocate is my token bad card that people will have to lean over and read

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tim Raines IRL posted:

This is me this week, I think. Jacekai Nohiri.

reciprocate is my token bad card that people will have to lean over and read

Ancestral Vision seems a lot better in the board than the main since a lot of decks will be tuned to specifically go under Jace right now.

I think you're doing yourself a disservice by halfassing miracles and having a board of them, it's either strong enough to build around specifically or it's not strong enough to have at all.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ancestral Vision seems a lot better in the board than the main since a lot of decks will be tuned to specifically go under Jace right now.

I think you're doing yourself a disservice by halfassing miracles and having a board of them, it's either strong enough to build around specifically or it's not strong enough to have at all.

you're probably right and I'll probably play straight UW miracles next week, but I want to cast some lightning helixes this week.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Tim Raines IRL posted:

but I want to cast some lightning helixes this week.

:same: But I'm gonna be attempting to cast Mistbind Clique this week

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Archenteron posted:

Current hot pile of 💩

So besides the obvious (find an AiD and 1+ Wurmcoil and maybe a Ballista), any other interesting/spicy suggestions? I prefer semi-effective gimmick over Good and Dull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Archenteron posted:

So besides the obvious (find an AiD and 1+ Wurmcoil and maybe a Ballista), any other interesting/spicy suggestions? I prefer semi-effective gimmick over Good and Dull

MYR BATTLESPHERE