Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Heh, I don't like any of those things. I win, fuckers :smug:

I binge watched all of Rick and Morty and thought it was ok, funny sometimes. Never posted or read about it on social media tho (altho, does SA count as social media? :ohdear:) so I guess I'm in the clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

xtal posted:

Early Rick and Morty was actually very good, but the fanbase is so bad that I don't want it to be in my search history. That's how bad the fanbase is.

That’s how bad all fanbases are becoming. I’m glad I’m old enough now to enjoy things without having to make it apart of my identity or spend all my time defending it. Fans ruin everything.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

doverhog posted:

I binge watched all of Rick and Morty and thought it was ok, funny sometimes. Never posted or read about it on social media tho (altho, does SA count as social media? :ohdear:) so I guess I'm in the clear.

Same, because I was dating a fan at the time. My big takeaway from the series was "well some of the sci fi situations are fun, but boy do they lean hard into the completely wrong 'nihilism=smarter than everybody else' argument"

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Rick is not a hero or a role model. All the wacky stuff is not genius lot of it is just wacky and also dumb. That's my 2 bits for now.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I didn't know what Cum Town was and am slightly dissapointed that it's just a lovely podcast

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Hell I'm a fan of Rick and Morty, the various Nolan movies, Supernatural (early seasons at least) and a few of the other things on there too probably. But I'm a fan as in I enjoyed it, not fan as in I rewatch and overanalyse it obsessively, quote it frequently, or get mad at people who don't like it or criticise it. It's the latter kind of "fan" that this knockout tournament is about I think.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I don't understand how Big Bang Theory made it this far. The fanbase is a bunch of middle aged suburbanites? Like who even gives a gently caress.

Supernatural fans took it as far as pretending to be one of the actor's wife convincingly enough to authorities they allowed her to (attempt to) file a restraining order against the guy's real wife.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I'm just glad that Star Trek fans didn't make it past the first round. I know we're bad, but I'm happy to know we're not the worst.

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

Scratch Monkey posted:

But it probably contains a little less cadmiumcatmium

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Trabant posted:

I'm just glad that Star Trek fans didn't make it past the first round. I know we're bad, but I'm happy to know we're not the worst.

In fact, Star Trek paraphernalia has so routinely been found at the homes of the pedophiles theyve arrested that it has become a gruesome joke in the squad room. (On the wall, there is a Star Trek poster with the detectives faces replacing those of the crew members). This does not mean that watching Star Trek makes you a pedophile. It does mean that if youre a pedophile, odds are youve watched a lot of Star Trek.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can't believe "People Who Write Erotic Versions of Star Trek Where All the Characters Are Furries, Like Kirk is an Ocelot or Something, and They Put a Furry Version of Themselves as the Star of the Story" didn't make the cut

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Data Graham posted:

Can't believe "People Who Write Erotic Versions of [Intellectual Property] Where All the Characters Are Furries, Like [Main Character] is an [Animal] or Something, and They Put a Furry Version of Themselves as the Star of the Story" didn't make the cut

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dixville posted:

I didn't know what Cum Town was and am slightly dissapointed that it's just a lovely podcast

Cum Town is a podcast about being gay with your dad

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I've never met an obnoxious rick & morty fan, which is weird considering how many people seem to loathe them.

Maybe I'm the obnoxious fan.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Data Graham posted:

Can't believe "People Who Write Erotic Versions of Star Trek Where All the Characters Are Furries, Like Kirk is an Ocelot or Something, and They Put a Furry Version of Themselves as the Star of the Story" didn't make the cut

Goddamn, I haven't thought about Brunching Shuttlecocks in a while.

If anyone hasn't seen it:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How do you guys feel about Rick and Morty? Take your time.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

JoelJoel posted:

How do you guys feel about Rick and Morty? Take your time.

Fun show that holds to record for its fans "not getting it" in a kind of frightening and disgusting way

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ubachung posted:

I've never met an obnoxious rick & morty fan, which is weird considering how many people seem to loathe them.

Maybe I'm the obnoxious fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg

This was when I decided never to watch the show ever again.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JoelJoel posted:

Anyway, here's s a funny pictures.

https://imgur.com/txFfATr.mp4

I didn't see someone quote this with the tags fixed, but it was too good for the thread to miss.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

13Pandora13 posted:

I don't understand how Big Bang Theory made it this far. The fanbase is a bunch of middle aged suburbanites?

Middle aged suburbanites are the worst thing since sliced bread.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I'll just leave this here

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

BrianBoitano posted:

I'll just leave this here

You are blessed.

Final Destination: Ultimate Capital Brain Worm in stores now.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I think the Big Bang Theory getting that far is riding half on people not liking the show, half on family/friends who talk about the show a lot/always have it on. It's not the kind of fandom that makes a toxic hole for itself on the internet that makes it really visible. It's more like your coworkers who still talk about The Office and Friends constantly, and how they "started another rewatch of the whole series again last weekend."

Or maybe I'm projecting.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
The Office is one of my favorite "need noise" shows around. I think it's great for when I'm cleaning or doing something where I'm not going to really pay attention, but I want the TV on.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Rick and Morty fans have this preternatural ability to zoom in on the absolute worst bits from the show and then worship them. I swear when I was watching the episode with the McDonald's sauce part I said "gently caress You" to my TV, out loud, while I was sitting alone in my living room because I knew a ton of dweebs would become obsessed with some dumb crap sauce and act like they were so special for wanting some decade old chicken nugget sauce I KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN AND I SAW IT ALL HAPPEN BEFORE IT HAPPENED I KNEW THEY WERE UNLEASHING HELL AND DAN HARMON DIDN'T CARE AT ALL

whereas like that one goon above me said, Big Bang Theory is just a unfunny show that boring people like

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

doverhog posted:

SA is more like antisocial media.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

Stealth Tiger posted:

Rick and Morty fans have this preternatural ability to zoom in on the absolute worst bits from the show and then worship them. I swear when I was watching the episode with the McDonald's sauce part I said "gently caress You" to my TV, out loud, while I was sitting alone in my living room because I knew a ton of dweebs would become obsessed with some dumb crap sauce and act like they were so special for wanting some decade old chicken nugget sauce I KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN AND I SAW IT ALL HAPPEN BEFORE IT HAPPENED I KNEW THEY WERE UNLEASHING HELL AND DAN HARMON DIDN'T CARE AT ALL

whereas like that one goon above me said, Big Bang Theory is just a unfunny show that boring people like

BAZINGA!

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Wait, Homestuck wasn't even in the starting brackets?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

XkyRauh posted:

it's not 2013 anymore.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
PYF Rick and Morty opinion and/or anecdote

it's a good show

ignore fandoms, be happier

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

How did Pewdiepie fans get to the final 4? I haven't heard about them doing anything for years, not even defending the stupid stuff he does. They mostly just post memes and videos to his subreddit in hopes of it getting featured in one of his reaction videos. In fact, Pewds mostly does reaction videos now. The subreddit even made a "let's not post memes" campaign in an attempt to make him do an LP of Detroit: Becoming Human, which he did.

Also his fanbase call themselves The 9-Year-Old Army but I'm pretty sure they are at least high school seniors by now. Actual 9 year olds watch Logan and Jake Paul videos.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

XkyRauh posted:

neither was Undertale

But then again:

Guy Goodbody posted:

it's not 2013 anymore.

I guess we're the olds now.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Here, have a picture.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

The MSJ posted:

How did Pewdiepie fans get to the final 4? I haven't heard about them doing anything for years, not even defending the stupid stuff he does.

It's probably because most people collectively hate PewDiePie enough that they voted to poo poo on him by proxy. But yeah, he hasn't really been very visible lately and I voted on the fandoms that are currently the most annoying to me at the moment.

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Here, have a picture.

That mask reminds me of that picture of all the old people in a nursing home wearing self made, paper plate Halloween masks

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Scratch Monkey posted:

But it probably contains a little less cadmium

I was gonna say something like that. Also copied the link in case I ever have money again.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

13Pandora13 posted:

I don't understand how Big Bang Theory made it this far. The fanbase is a bunch of middle aged suburbanites? Like who even gives a gently caress.

Supernatural fans took it as far as pretending to be one of the actor's wife convincingly enough to authorities they allowed her to (attempt to) file a restraining order against the guy's real wife.

Haven't heard stories about crazy Supernatural fans in a while. Do they still have that fanfic universe where the characters engage in incestuous gay sex while having magic dog dicks that can make guys pregnant?

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Choco1980 posted:

Haven't heard stories about crazy Supernatural fans in a while. Do they still have that fanfic universe where the characters engage in incestuous gay sex while having magic dog dicks that can make guys pregnant?

:nws:
yup!
:nws:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha no I'm not clicking that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO