Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I eventually just used another email which did give me a code but it really does work on like 25 things. Oh well, worth a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Mezco 18" Godzilla is a thing: https://www.mezcotoyz.com/ultimate-godzilla

That price tag is eyepopping. Almost double what King Kong was...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Mezco 18" Godzilla is a thing: https://www.mezcotoyz.com/ultimate-godzilla

That price tag is eyepopping. Almost double what King Kong was...

It's a glorified statue is the insulting thing. There are vinyls with better articulation

Just go back in time and find the special 1989 Godzilla that roars and plays music and poo poo, or hell pick it up now instead. It's only 500 compared to this

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I nearly bought that Godzilla but stopped when the effects looked really lovely in review videos. Still kind of regret it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

I nearly bought that Godzilla but stopped when the effects looked really lovely in review videos. Still kind of regret it.

Yeah though I don't suspect these will look any better in practice

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I just got my Batman TAS Grapnel Gun. It looks great, but the string is really short. From the end of the claw to the back of the handle, its only 40" long. It especially sucks because the firing mechanism could fire it a lot further. I'd kinda like to extend the string, but I don't know it would effect the reeling-in feature. Maybe I'll know more once I get the weird rear end batteries it takes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

deoju posted:

I just got my Batman TAS Grapnel Gun. It looks great, but the string is really short. From the end of the claw to the back of the handle, its only 40" long. It especially sucks because the firing mechanism could fire it a lot further. I'd kinda like to extend the string, but I don't know it would effect the reeling-in feature. Maybe I'll know more once I get the weird rear end batteries it takes.

I hope there's a warning suggesting that you don't actually attempt to swing from rooftops with it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dang, 2nd version of Neca's MacReady from The Thing has been shown. Just in time for my BBTS order of the first one to be shipped. I think I'm going to go for this one as well.

https://news.toyark.com/2021/09/16/neca-station-survival-ultimate-macready-official-pics-444295

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pretty lovely of them to basically release the same figure twice with different accessories, instead of once with everything.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xenomrph posted:

Pretty lovely of them to basically release the same figure twice with different accessories, instead of once with everything.

Don't talk to me until you've seen their Kong bullshit

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Not only that, but they wait til right after everybody buys it, then add accessories from the best scene in the movie.

I didn't buy the first one and probably won't buy this one, but I still think the blood test accessories are pretty sweet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

I don’t mind. He has a lot of looks in the film, and I do intend to get them all.

But honestly this is kind of a better one if you don’t have the first. Hopefully easier to find.

There will be most likely two more Mac’s they’ll make. One with a snowy beard/suit, and one probably with just his sweat shirt if they make a dog thing dio like Sota toys did back in the day.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

This is basically their entire business model. The one positive is that if you miss something there's a good chance you'll get another crack at something very similar.

One a NECA note, I made a run for some house hold items and managed to score TMNT Mondo Gecko and Muckman, so that was rad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

And calling them both 'Ultimate'.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Burkion posted:

I don't understand why they didn't make them different colors. I would own multiple Kongs if they were different colors. They didn't even do a black and white Kong! They did that weird "illustrated version" but even that one is still 80% the same brown as the other ones. It's an original Kong design, you don't have to wed to one specific shade of brown. And the first Kong was black and white, surely that gives you latitude to change the shade of brown without violating Kong canon!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Burkion posted:

Or the Tim Curry Pennywise

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You mean the skarsgard Pennywise lol. I have them all and there’s currently like 6 of them lmao

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
God dammit why did I have to discover they're making articulated The World Ends With You Figures, it took all my power to only buy one and even then Neku was $95 loving dollars. Also pre-orderd the Princess Bridge figures, why not, more plastic for the plastic god.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

CelticPredator posted:

You mean the skarsgard Pennywise lol. I have them all and there’s currently like 6 of them lmao

Yeah, their upcoming Skarsgard Pennywise has all the alternate heads from the previous releases, which to me is really a dick move.

MOTU Origins is also doing the "gotta buy multiples to get all the heads" thing too, which stinks. I'd love the smiling Hordak and Skeletor heads, but I don't want to buy my third Skeletor and second Hordak just for those.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 17, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Shiftypenguin posted:

Yeah, they're upcoming Skarsgard Pennywise has all the alternate heads from the previous releases, which to me is really a dick move.

I don’t think it’s got the dead lights head?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Uhhhh ok.

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1438940947379785730

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

$54 for the monolith... But you can arrange the rocks around it however you like.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Is Super7 gunning to be the much higher cost, better aesthetics version of Funko Pops and just making everything they can get a license for?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Shiroc posted:

Is Super7 gunning to be the much higher cost, better aesthetics version of Funko Pops and just making everything they can get a license for?

I don’t think they’re going to waste their time on Pride & Predjudice & Zombies or Son of Zorn Ultimates.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Splint Chesthair posted:

I don’t think they’re going to waste their time on Pride & Predjudice & Zombies or Son of Zorn Ultimates.

In the Reaction line maybe, but Ultimates likely not.

What I would LOVE to see are some other Ultimates Toxic Crusader characters. Toxie is great (I bought all three versions), but all the other characters would be killer to have along side him. Not sure if they were only able to liscense Toxie or what, but it's odd they haven't done any of the others yet.

Or maybe I'm the only one who wants them and there's not the demand...

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

How many points of articulation will the monolith have?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

How many points of articulation will the monolith have?

Infinite.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

My god, it’s full of stars points of articulation.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Shiftypenguin posted:

In the Reaction line maybe, but Ultimates likely not.

What I would LOVE to see are some other Ultimates Toxic Crusader characters. Toxie is great (I bought all three versions), but all the other characters would be killer to have along side him. Not sure if they were only able to liscense Toxie or what, but it's odd they haven't done any of the others yet.

Or maybe I'm the only one who wants them and there's not the demand...

Brian actually confirmed 2 more characters are coming, and if those sell well they'll look at doing more. Best guess is Dr. killemov, Radiation Ranger, and Major Disaster. Brian mentioned the latter two as his favorites, and I'd suspect that we'll see the main bad guy to go along with Toxie.

And you are not alone!!! Outside of Silverhawks this would be the thing I want most.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh man I got my new colors on my Lulus- next week I'm getting my first big batch of Wonder Vinyl paints as well. :toot:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Yessssssssss finally got my Sentinel after a week's delay and my daughter immediately laughed at me and called me a nerd lol kids own. And good god is this thing glorious but the lack of ratcheted knees are definitely an issue, which is a shame.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Yessssssssss finally got my Sentinel after a week's delay and my daughter immediately laughed at me and called me a nerd lol kids own. And good god is this thing glorious but the lack of ratcheted knees are definitely an issue, which is a shame.

I don't remember if it was posted in this thread, but just in case:

Apparently many of them have loose knees out of the factory. There's a little gray gear insert on the outside of the knees on the lower part of the leg that just pops right out with the screw under it to tighten things.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some vids floating about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmZlSQ59oI

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Man I do not gently caress with 1/18th scale but I may have to pick these guys up

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1438859054026301447?s=19

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Thank you both, I saw that video on Fwoosh last week and it's the first thing I'm going to do once I'm able. I was thinking long term it may be an issue if the knees naturally got looser over time.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

You joke, but I would absolutely buy Poole and Bowman in their spacesuits. I have the Mafex Bowman from a few years ago and it looks great, but I also had huge QA issues with it and it didn’t come with any accessories (that weren’t hands) or a helmet-less Keir Dullea head.

Hell, go crazy with the line and give me spacesuited John Lithgow and Roy Scheider.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fffffffffffffff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL_jOakzfes

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Digging through some old action figures and I really wish Hasbro had given us a new Marvel Legends MCU Iron Man MK 1 instead of re-releasing the old one from 2008, he doesn’t scale great nowadays (especially compared to the new MK 3 that just came out).

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Brian actually confirmed 2 more characters are coming, and if those sell well they'll look at doing more. Best guess is Dr. killemov, Radiation Ranger, and Major Disaster. Brian mentioned the latter two as his favorites, and I'd suspect that we'll see the main bad guy to go along with Toxie.

And you are not alone!!! Outside of Silverhawks this would be the thing I want most.

Good to know. I look forward to them!

On a side note, I saw a few of the reissue classic TMNT at Walmart Tonight. No vehicles, but the figures I Saw (Raph, Mikey, Leo) looked terrible. Like, if I didn't know better, I'd say they were bootlegs. They all had really sloppy paint apps and there was a ton of flashing on the molds.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Today I made a deal with a guy on The Fwoosh: his BAF white suit Kingpin for my Classified Cobra Viper and $40. I paid already, but we haven't shipped our figures to each other yet. I THOUGHT I really wanted that Kingpin, but that's the most I've spent on a single action figure in a long time (including the cost of the Viper), and now I'm experiencing cognitive dissonance.

For what it's worth, I NEVER would have bought all the figures in that Marvel Legends wave to build the Kingpin, and I wouldn't have wanted the hassle of trying to sell the loose figures later on. I didn't like the "retro" Kingpin in his yellow vest and purple pants either -- I like his modern look, and I already have a Daredevil figure collection. But I still feel weird and unsettled about the deal I made, like I could have done better, or not done it at all.