Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Weren't there pictures of this guy at a training camp with these assholes? It sure seems like he was involved with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Weren't there pictures of this guy at a training camp with these assholes? It sure seems like he was involved with them.
I'm like 99 percent certain.

+ A picture closely resembling him at a training camp with these assholes.

+ The leader of the militia gloating to a reporter that he was a member and they hung out together.

+ Three students at the school telling the media he was mixed up in this militia and was friends with the leader.

+ The leader is posting a bunch of crap on his social media profile referencing Siege, lone wolf stuff, etc.

Then the leader backtracks, probably realizing how deep in poo poo he just got himself in, and local L.E. says "we haven't established a connection."

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
cops are probably trying to cover for the fact that a bunch of them were probably at a militia thing with the dude while he was spouting off about shooting up school

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/deckape_1/status/964294270210531329

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Where are you guys getting that there's a picture of him with the ROF? I can't find anything like that

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Thread moves fast but here:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

One rumor on the chans is that Florida shooter was mixed up in a white supremacist militia called the Republic of Florida (ROF).

Shooter:

ROF:

On the left.

Well, I have no idea and it's a superficial resemblance. But the Republic of Florida deserves an effort post sometime. They try to look like the Michigan Militia? But they are much more explicitly neo-Nazi in their rhetoric. (They're fans of Siege by James Mason, like Atomwaffen.) Anyways this group is a doozy.

For instance they recorded a metalcore video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OESJkiiKew

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
it's not prudence, it's fairly obvious disinformation that's politically motivated. we have students of his saying he's a member of this Republic Of Florida group, and we have confirmation from the group itself. "no evidence" is 100% bullshit, and the only way they could say that honestly is if they never looked.

but the police department made that statement at precisely the time that all that other stuff was coming to light. the timing is too perfect for it to be anything other than classic disinformation.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

4chan now seems to be shifting to the idea that they pranked this militia leader into telling reporters at length about how the shooter was mixed up in his group? I don't think this le epic win of tricking the world into believe the shooter was part of your cause is going to work, fellas.

epic trolling the libs by having zero effect on the media and giving up as usual

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Where's this from? Because it's much more convincing than the other one.

garbage pundit
Apr 10, 2008

We're on our way home now, duckie!

I'm like 99 percent certain.

+ A picture closely resembling him at a training camp with these assholes.

+ The leader of the militia gloating to a reporter that he was a member and they hung out together.

+ Three students at the school telling the media he was mixed up in this militia and was friends with the leader.

+ The leader is posting a bunch of crap on his social media profile referencing Siege, lone wolf stuff, etc.

Then the leader backtracks, probably realizing how deep in poo poo he just got himself in, and local L.E. says "we haven't established a connection."

If these were inner city drug dealers, cops would be kicking doors and ruining the lives of anybody tangentially related to the suspect. Maybe that's happening, but I'm sure florida cops are cool with letting the nazi walk back what he said. "my b, we've trained so many unstable dudes named Nick there's no way to keep them straight"

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

welp

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rudatron posted:

it's not prudence, it's fairly obvious disinformation that's politically motivated. we have students of his saying he's a member of this Republic Of Florida group, and we have confirmation from the group itself. "no evidence" is 100% bullshit, and the only way they could say that honestly is if they never looked.

but the police department made that statement at precisely the time that all that other stuff was coming to light. the timing is too perfect for it to be anything other than classic disinformation.
Rudatron, I love you, but I think you're overestimating American police in terms of their intelligence and planning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20mBi8-QsSc&t=30s

Rinkles posted:

Where's this from? Because it's much more convincing than the other one.
The pic of him holding a gun is sourced to one of his Instagram accounts. The one on the ground is from Florida reporters on Twitter who accredited it to police.
Christ.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 01:48 on Feb 16, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JackSmithIV/status/964302416018657280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y4QCMH25hc

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

pretty sure that's a paid tweeter/bot

but at least they posted a legit tweet

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Ruzihm posted:

pretty sure that's a paid tweeter/bot

but at least they posted a legit tweet

yeah, im pretty sure too. i confirmed it myself though by going on cnn go

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MAGA

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

rudatron posted:

so if we combine that with the mass shooter failson losers, like mr cuckolas cruz here, any out break of violence is basically going to be one-sided. all it really takes is something drastic, like the economy dropping.
We have maybe 4-6 months until another recession, so buckle up.

Zikan posted:

i can't believe this thread loving scooped the news on him being a white isis incel
During major events, SA and Reddit tend to get news out well ahead of mainstream news sources

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

We have maybe 4-6 months until another recession, so buckle up.

During major events, SA and Reddit tend to get news out well ahead of mainstream news sources

i hope to god your dead on about that estimations because then the midterms are gonna be !!FUN!!

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's a 1958 BEECH K35 registration number N623T.

this is a $50000+ plane. does anyone know where these shits are getting so much money?

also, that holding company was formed in august 2015. they've been planning this for a long time.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Media sources are often limited in what they can report. The leader said he was a member, and you can report that, but then the leader backtracks. Then what do you do? Right-wing media sites have no standards so they can report whatever they want.

We can post a picture of the kid with the militia and say: that looks just like him. I bet it's him! Then the leader squawks to the press. But the photo is just a resemblance and there's not even a name attached like his Instagram. We're not operating under journalism standards here. Like how do you even tell the Atomwaffen story? You can report that the murders are connected, but the story about the Satanic cult taking the group over would take a lot of work to do properly -- which is why nobody has done it yet.

GoluboiOgon posted:

this is a $50000+ plane. does anyone know where these shits are getting so much money?

also, that holding company was formed in august 2015. they've been planning this for a long time.
I want to know who the rich rear end in a top hat is standing on the plane. He's probably the owner.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

GoluboiOgon posted:

Fascism is a bourgeoisie/petit bourgeoisie affection, it might just be out of pocket

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
Maybe some bitcoin money laundering? What was that account that keeps track of suspected wallets again? It could be that there was some amount moved around linked to IE.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Media sources are often limited in what they can report. The leader said he was a member, and you can report that, but then the leader backtracks. Then what do you do? Right-wing media sites have no standards so they can report whatever they want.

We can post a picture of the kid with the militia and say: that looks just like him. I bet it's him! Then the leader squawks to the press. But the photo is just a resemblance and there's not even a name attached like his Instagram. We're not operating under journalism standards here. Like how do you even tell the Atomwaffen story? You can report that the murders are connected, but the story about the Satanic cult taking the group over would take a lot of work to do properly -- which is why nobody has done it yet.

I want to know who the rich rear end in a top hat is standing on the plane. He's probably the owner.

it's cool how right wing media has none of these standards so there are already millions of chuds who have fully internalized the 'he was a registered democrat with a communist scarf' thing from infowars that will never be convinced otherwise

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
One more thing: the militia had a Cuban member named "Captain Cadeno."

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/964210933256957952

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
apparently, the Immigration Aero, LLC holding company bought the plane from Rick Aero Ltd, another holding company registered in 1996 by the same incorporation service.

kind of shady, but not very useful.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it's cool how right wing media has none of these standards so there are already millions of chuds who have fully internalized the 'he was a registered democrat with a communist scarf' thing from infowars that will never be convinced otherwise
This kind of thing makes me think we're going to end up with a Chinese or Russian style closed internet over a long enough timespan.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/964332826735898624

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

GWBBQ posted:

watch trump start a loving war :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The registered agent for Immigration Aero is Harvard Business Services in Lewes, DE. They're basically a company that acts as your shell agent for incorporating in Delaware to hide your real owner (the only reason you incorporate in Delaware, as you don't need to put down your real manager's name), so there's little to no way to actually identify who owns the plane unless you feel like breaking into the office.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/realEricShaffer/status/963976496334467072
https://twitter.com/realEricShaffer/status/963987715619508225

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

if the xmen are so leftist then why do they have such a gendered name

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
sure do love christine hoff sommers' schtick of "im a feminist!!! *proceeds to say poo poo that even phyllis schlafly couldn't have said with a straight face*"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Remember when marvel tried to replace the X-Men with the inhumans I do it was a bad move

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

My bird blood is ethically sourced.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Remember when marvel tried to replace the X-Men with the inhumans I do it was a bad move

at pepperidge farms, we remember

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Speaking of,is that any good for a drunk watch? Me and my friend Kocoa like to watch horrible movies and tv shows.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Crowsbeak posted:

Speaking of,is that any good for a drunk watch? Me and my friend Kocoa like to watch horrible movies and tv shows.

I don't watch the poo poo just read it

I'll go see the movies with my stepdad and hang out for a while but I don't seek them out on my own bc after twenty years of reading comics and five at the shop, I have hit my threshold for engaging with comics on a daily basis

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Crowsbeak posted:

Once when I had a fever I smoked some weed and then The Cleveland Show was magically really funny so by that metric anything is good.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GoluboiOgon posted:

they’re rich assholes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Discord chuds are claiming that they lied about Cruz being a member of Republic of Florida as a prank, but nobody is going to remember that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, so their approach is two-track.

The inner track is that the major players are throwing this militia leader dude under the bus. Denouncing him, etc. etc. etc. saying he should be run out of the movement. The outer track is that he fell for a harmless prank.

Outer track is for the normies to give the movement some distance. They also don't oppose "punching right," they oppose punching right in front of the normies.