Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
There's a new update.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand 3AM Dress.
REFERENCE SECURED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Update. They're gonna go in there, and Spades Slick is gonna free HB from the horse calendar, and take DD out of the supermarket, right? R-right??

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Some one is telling me that "AC must be broken" is a joke about Nepeta but I don't get it. :saddowns:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
3 in the Morning Dress. :downsrim:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Also, if Arthour doesn't go with them as part of the gang I will be so sad.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Plom Bar posted:

Some one is telling me that "AC must be broken" is a joke about Nepeta but I don't get it. :saddowns:
AC is Nepeta's chumhandle initials.

Also Hussie better loving bring back Doc Scratch if they're going as far as to enter his rundown apartment.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

lotus circle posted:

AC is Nepeta's chumhandle initials.

Also Hussie better loving bring back Doc Scratch if they're going as far as to enter his rundown apartment.

Yeah, I got that, but I don't get why it's funny.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Plom Bar posted:

Because making dead Nepeta jokes is so funny, we need to have one billion of them. One for every Nepeta in Paradox Space.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Plom Bar posted:

It's not. Somebody is just construing 'AC must be broken' as a reference to Nepeta getting clubbed to death, or something, and I guess finds that funny.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I was pretty ambivalent about the Felt, but it is nice to see the goofy bunch whom we haven't really seen much of in years gain some more relevance as of late.

Indecisive posted:

I'm guessing that people he kills with the gun just regular die, instead of get wiped from existance when he uses his mouth-beam. Maybe for whatever reason he didn't want to kill Hussie for good, or at least wanted him to continue to exist to feel the pain of his death? And now that that is done the last person he cares enough to wish pain on is dead, the rest will just get lasered.

Going through all the effort to charge up and expel rainbow laser halitosis is probably a bit of a waste to use just on one dude, when he already has a perfectly good gun/staff right in his hand. When you have hundreds of people gathered in one place, that's when you break out the city-clearing beamspray.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Of course he doesn't want Hussie Double Perma Ultra Dead for good. If that were the case, how would his ghost or whatever instruct his younger self? :colbert:

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I don't super-love the Midnight Crew intermission or anything but something about this set of updates is delightful.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I don't super-love the Midnight Crew intermission or anything but something about this set of updates is delightful.

The back and forth between Slick and the rest just feels so alien to me compared to the rest of the comic's interactions is what is great about this to me.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

It's weird to me because it was spelled out pretty clearly that WV is silent towards the rest of the meteor crew, but yet Ms. Paint and the Midnight Crew all seem to be able to talk. Huh.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

nerdbot posted:

It's weird to me because it was spelled out pretty clearly that WV is silent towards the rest of the meteor crew, but yet Ms. Paint and the Midnight Crew all seem to be able to talk. Huh.

Chess guys communicate via telepathy. Only explanation. WV was able to impart John's name to PM, after all.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
John and friends can't understand chess people because they all speak in Narration and John & co. only understand Dialoglog. :colbert:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Falls Down Stairs posted:

John and friends can't understand chess people because they all speak in Narration and John & co. only understand Dialoglog. :colbert:
Thank goodness for the lingua franca of Suggestionbox

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Of course it's the wolf.

Wonder what's going on with the panel heights here, other than that that happens to be a thing that is happening.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

I was wondering that myself. Honestly, I was actually hovering my mouse over the images, half expecting additional text to pop up as comments like it did with the banners in the Doc Scratch section.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Aurthour is coming along. :allears:

And yeah, that panel size thing is strangely disconcerting.

Edit: Also... I think they may have left Doze behind. :ohdear:
He's the only one we haven't seen since they came through the 5th wall.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 8, 2013

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Hey- Hussie actually called the post-Scratch version of the Handmaid "Damara". Up until now he's always kept it ambiguous whether any individual has the same name or a different one pre/post-Scratch.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Eiba posted:

Edit: Also... I think they may have left Doze behind. :ohdear:
He's the only one we haven't seen since they came through the 5th wall.

It's okay, he's just running a little slow as per usual.

Also I think the panel sizes here are just to mimic the banners from the Doc Scratch intermission.

Also god drat I am loving these updates to death :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Color Printer posted:

Also I think the panel sizes here are just to mimic the banners from the Doc Scratch intermission.

Yep. They're visiting Doc Scratch's turf, so the panels are sized Doc Scratch's way.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

Wonder what's going on with the panel heights here, other than that that happens to be a thing that is happening.

Reminds me of that cinematic effect that's basically like looking down a telescope the wrong way. My brain's telling me Kubrick used it for joining scenes sometimes, but I haven't seen any of his films in forever so who knows.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

That's a callback I honestly didn't see coming. And to think the wolf was my favorite gag during the Hussie portion, too.

Anyway, these updates also make it pretty easy to see that Crowbar being dead during the intermission probably contributed pretty heavily to the Felt being unable to get their act together and really defend their home turf at the time. He's also serving here as a bit of a Droog analog for Slick, which is something he's probably been in need of for a while, a set of brains to better guide his stabbing arm.

I miss the rest of the Midnight Crew, though, maybe they'll find a way back as well. Nothing seems impossible now that all these green torsos rose again.

nerdbot posted:

I'm pretty sure they weren't literal about the silent thing, and more of a meta joke about carapaces only speaking in narration as opposed to any dialoglogs. The meteor crew has made meta jokes about their communication before, such as the gift of gab thing when Karkat wanted to do the Terezi intervention.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They're gonna reach the room where Doc "died" and LE was "born", where they will find...

nothing. Which is why you never turn your back on the body. Also Diamonds Droog will simply return from the supermarket without much explanation. It's just that there were too many prices and values.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Hey- Hussie actually called the post-Scratch version of the Handmaid "Damara". Up until now he's always kept it ambiguous whether any individual has the same name or a different one pre/post-Scratch.
I still don't think Handmaid had a name. Personal opinion, but Handmaid was a slave and the best way to dehumanize her (well as much as a troll can be dehumanized) would be to not even give her an identity. It's just easier from a narrative point to call her Damara because we know that they're counterparts between The Scratch. Much like how Vriska calls Aranea Mindfang, even though Aranea is obviously not really Mindfang but just her pre-Scratch counterpart.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I think it's interesting that the troll universe got absorbed by the Green Sun when it got destroyed. Is the Green Sun essentially the "universe graveyard"? Does it gain strength with each universe absorbed? Who knows!

But yeah these updates own. I would totally read a Hussie MC/Felt adventure. He'll I'd read a Hussie anything at this point.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Homestuck: A predicament defying any sense of reason, safety, physical comfort, and most laws of science probably.

These updates are making me so nostalgic. :3:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lord of Laughton posted:

I think it's interesting that the troll universe got absorbed by the Green Sun when it got destroyed.

Well, the Green Sun was created by the destruction of both the troll and the human universe.

Also it must be pretty cold, as far as suns go, if bits of buildings can survive inside and people may wander around finding the heat merely uncomfortable. (Instead of, y'know, being turned into plasma in a tiny fraction of a second.)

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Also it must be pretty cold, as far as suns go, if bits of buildings can survive inside and people may wander around finding the heat merely uncomfortable. (Instead of, y'know, being turned into plasma in a tiny fraction of a second.)

No, it's just the AH: Don't Think About It, It's Not Important rule.

quote:

Q: Why don't the players get cancer from the radioactive imps? I'm asking for someone too wussy to ask himself for fear of you snarkily dodging the question. Please prove him right.

AH: Radiation is harmless. Kind of like lava. Why doesn't Dave melt when he's hopping around on gears?

The answer is because these dangerous things are actually harmless in cartoon stories. They are also green and red respectively, just in time for the holidays.

I THINK OF EVERYTHING

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Cat Mattress posted:

Well, the Green Sun was created by the destruction of both the troll and the human universe.

The sun is a magical sun that's twice as large as a universe :colbert:

It doesn't have to follow your "physics".

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

To be fair, this is Scratch's pad. Who even knows what stuff he built with his omnipotence?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

It used to be Doc Scratch's house. That's basically all the explanation you need, I wouldn't be surprised if the house fights crime on weekends.

Edit: fffffffffffffff-

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Okay, I'm kind of unhappy right now. I got my snoutpak in the mail (super!) but didn't receive my poster, plus there were no troll sticker sheets in the box like are listed and pictured in the tier. How am I supposed to complete fridgestuck with no trolls? I sent an email to WP, so I'm hoping I hear back soon. Figures- I wait four extra months for something, and when I get it it's not even all there. :argh:

e: plus I really wanted Pyralspite. Oh well. :sigh: Also apparently I'm missing my OTP patches. Even more reasons to be mad. :( Senator, you smell of deceit. And disappointment. Or maybe the second one is just me.

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 8, 2013

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I'm still impatiently waiting for both my slick and fun paks here in Canada. If the twitter account is accurate I should hopefully be seeing at least one of them soon.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Update! Look at that noob who doesn't know TABLE STICKBALL :rolleyes:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I do like to enjoy a rousing game of TABLE STICKBALL when I go out for drinks.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I love that Doze is so incredibly far behind. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
But where did the table for table stickball even come from? Did someone just push it there?