Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

YF-23 posted:

The foreshadowing in this comic is amazing, you could even say Winsbury's had his eyes on Annie since day one.

Oh god his faaaaace :gonk: And Annie's, too. Tom's come a long way in... 11 years? Holy crap.

Actually, looking at that and then the current page made me realize that Annie's still not wearing her makeup, even out of class. Tony's public humiliation hit her hard. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
You guys sure did just waste a lot of words worrying about a relationship between Annie and a dude who will be dead from full-body burns before March.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

you were warned posted:

Oh god his faaaaace :gonk: And Annie's, too. Tom's come a long way in... 11 years? Holy crap.

Actually, looking at that and then the current page made me realize that Annie's still not wearing her makeup, even out of class. Tony's public humiliation hit her hard. :smith:

And it worked! She looks much better and finally has someone interested in her. Another victory for proper parental guidance instead of letting wild animals raise kids.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

Poor Janet, no one here is considering her feelings

She has to go now, the headmaster needs her.

(Note: Janet got lost on the way to the headmaster's chambers.)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Note to Self posted:

Yeah like, you guys joke, but this actually is pretty uncompelling from a romance perspective? And seemingly intentionally so. Like, there's people comparing it to Kat/Paz, but they had that whole moment in Faraway Morning, and Kat was pretty clearly coming to grips with her lesbianism in the chapters that followed. Winsbury developing feelings for Annie shows similar forethought, but it's been such a background thing that it's hard to give a poo poo about. Like, what is there to say besides "Oh, that guy?"
I guess the most surprising thing about this theoretical relationship is how distant Winsbury is from Annie's whole circle of friends in his connection to the court. I mean, Paz is technically in the same boat, but she has her way with animals. What's Winsbury's deal? And how bizarre would it be for him to find out all the crazy stuff Annie & Co. have been up to?

That's not to say it couldn't work out, but it feels like he'd be jumping into the deep end of the pool.

quote:

So like, I figure what's gonna happen is that he'll confess, maybe comically bungling it a little, and Annie's gonna say yes even though he's mediocre and she hardly knows him. Which is like, yeah! I do feel for Annie, and she deserves to have some some normal low-pressure teenage girl poo poo in her life right now. But when you go with a plot development that's intentionally uninteresting, you can't fault people for not being interested, you know?
There's always the possibility of a fake-out or a freak-out. Imagine Annie saying, "Hm, lemme see what my emotions think about that..." and then the room is on fire.

But in a way, it would be a neat resolution to two problems: we don't really know much about Annie, and the rest of the class is quietly growing up.

Antimony has gone from stoic stone wall to mask-wearing cheater to disconnected emotional cripple, and the main character focus has largely shifted to Kat in this school year. We need some time bringing her back into the spotlight so she can sort out her issues publicly, instead of hiding her feelings from us, the audience.

At the same time, we barely see her classmates anymore, to the extent that we're always saying, "Wow, look how old all of them are!" whenever they show up. Maybe Winsbury and Janet broke up? Maybe they're all more mature now? Who knows?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Note to Self posted:

he'll confess
Hoo boy

YF-23 posted:

The foreshadowing in this comic is amazing, you could even say Winsbury's had his eyes on Annie since day one.
If Annie had used a slightly different sorting algorithm Faraway Morning could have gone very differently.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

How would you know?

Kat is 1000 years too early to challenge his hair game.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I guess the most surprising thing about this theoretical relationship is how distant Winsbury is from Annie's whole circle of friends in his connection to the court. I mean, Paz is technically in the same boat, but she has her way with animals. What's Winsbury's deal? And how bizarre would it be for him to find out all the crazy stuff Annie & Co. have been up to?

That's not to say it couldn't work out, but it feels like he'd be jumping into the deep end of the pool.

He fought a robot, he'll be fine.

Related to that link: I think that's the most recent time William has spoken in this comic, so it's understandable this appears to come out of nowhere--most of the "clues" were either totally silent or someone else talking about him.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Winsbury, much like Tony, has done nothing wrong.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOCydGRcv1A

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Psh well we all know how the song ends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7BoGH0Gcxs

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I can't get over this guy's hair.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Give me the Dragonball, Carver

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Janet deals both first-strike and regular bowling damage.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Double strike? My immersion in this fantasy comic is broken!

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Ohhh dear

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

No fewer than two meltdowns. Can I get a third?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Carrasco posted:

Janet deals both first-strike and regular bowling damage.

This is a good post.

I like that last panel. Tom's just the best at faces.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Potato Salad posted:

No fewer than two meltdowns.

Where?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Janet seems to have joined the Reynard Club For Glaring At Vegeta. Also, that loving hair.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh yep oh yep I don't like this.

I am upset.

Sorry for the meltdown

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Good news is that if Vegeta treats Annie with anything less than the utmost respect Renard would probably tear him limb from limb.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I doubt that'll happen. His motives may be more concern than anything else.

If Willie and Janet have split, dollars to donuts her dad was involved.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lol annie is a nerd

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
#TeamJanet

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bell_ posted:

I doubt that'll happen. His motives may be more concern than anything else.

If Willie and Janet have split, dollars to donuts her dad was involved.

That's kind of my take on this too yeah. And now Janet's regretting how things shook out.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm mad.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Also dang Winsbury looks more like the forest elf folk with every passing page. The closed eye grin effect in particular.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Winsbury is Coyote

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Jackard posted:

Winsbury is Coyote

#TeamVegeta

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
The first thing I thought from this sequence was that both Janet and William agreed to let William "date" Annie for a while to cheer her up and to make her socialize more, which has the potential to backfire disastrously once Annie inevitably finds out she was being pity-dated.

But now that no one guessed that before me I'm not so sure I read this situation right.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Good for Winsbury that he has figured out that the best base success in love is to have hair that goes up.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

isasphere posted:

The first thing I thought from this sequence was that both Janet and William agreed to let William "date" Annie for a while to cheer her up and to make her socialize more, which has the potential to backfire disastrously once Annie inevitably finds out she was being pity-dated.

But now that no one guessed that before me I'm not so sure I read this situation right.

This is what I've been assuming as well. Janet could well be looking annoyed here because she's not 100% thrilled with it even if she's on board with the plan.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

isasphere posted:

It's a plausible scenario. Possibly also their relationship is at risk of getting found out and they need a cover.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I am disappointed in the number of people on the net responding to this page like "You can't get two strikes in a single throw, what kind of BS is this, Tom"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Oblivious posted:

That's kind of my take on this too yeah. And now Janet's regretting how things shook out.
Her dad went spare so the two of them split. Now her heart's in the gutter and winsbury's bowling pun it's late I miss Tony.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Rasamune posted:

I am disappointed in the number of people on the net responding to this page like "You can't get two strikes in a single throw, what kind of BS is this, Tom"

They forget Janet can shoot and arrow with and arrow mid flight and have them both hit the bullseye. She can get two strikes in a single throw #TeamJanet

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

DekeThornton posted:

Good for Winsbury that he has figured out that the best base success in love is to have hair that goes up.

Yeah I figured he'd have hooked up with Red as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah I figured he'd have hooked up with Red as well.

Do you think fairies understand the concept of romance?