Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I am really not being hyperbolic when I say specifically TEST brigade reporting and complain and whine more than any other collective group within this game. I wish the BJ nerf wasn't something you could see from miles off, but the minute they were subjected to it, it was only a matter of time.

They genuinely seem to get incredibly frustrated with anyone who doesn't specifically play this game the way they think it's meant to be played.

Also in two months of saying the most vulgar and heinous poo poo to Brave, they never once complained. I say I hosed someone's dad in T5Z once and I'm arguing with three GMs about whether or not that's an EULA violation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

SHISHKABOB posted:

EVE ship computers are smart enough to have a talking AI tell you stupid stuff but not smart enough to send FOF data to ships in your fleet to aid in their locking you.

just add a 'fleet targeting' skill to turn the thumb screws on logi bros even more

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Ynglaur posted:

My vote is "CCP Game Designer Emeritus".

Or maybe just "Pubbie Tear Factory".

CCP Lead Security Engineer or whatever Darius JOHNSON's title used to be, imo

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I was one of the nameless mooks on globbys m2 fleet and my killboard on the pilot is now worth 550b destroyed for 130m lost.

10/10 would burst jam again (if I could).

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
This is such a ham-fisted and stupid nerf.

What if instead they had made it so you couldn't warp off in a certain amount of time from activating the module? Or made jams less effective on each consecutive jam (this is what they should have done to regular jams instead of allowing you to target the jammer)?

I'm sorry globby

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Ajaxify posted:

This is such a ham-fisted and stupid nerf.

What if instead they had made it so you couldn't warp off in a certain amount of time from activating the module? Or made jams less effective on each consecutive jam (this is what they should have done to regular jams instead of allowing you to target the jammer)?

I'm sorry globby

CCP really has no subtlety. Diminishing jams over time are a great idea.

Also the new module is cool, but why replace the TSB with it? Why not have two toys?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

does delta sqad need propaganda artists? honk got the globby treatment in echoes with a reddit ban for being too op

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

esto es malo posted:

does delta sqad need propaganda artists? honk got the globby treatment in echoes with a reddit ban for being too op

discord and reddit moderators are just different types of human

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

esto es malo posted:

You have to make the necessary pilgrimage and no bullshittin' it like Alterari.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
alterari successfully auto piloted from 1DQ to W6V and back in a monitor without marking T5Z avoid so that was cool

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

esto es malo posted:

Way ahead of u chief

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

we made you the tornado sax discord gif chief

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Edit: Digital Prophet is the wizard behind this and deserves life eternal

esto es malo fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 18, 2021

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Delta sqad can always use more propagandists.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:perfect:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Stereotype posted:

alterari successfully auto piloted from 1DQ to W6V and back in a monitor without marking T5Z avoid so that was cool

He formed a fleet to clear T5Z :laffo:

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
k I'll bite

burst jamming T3Ds w/ mmjd, in a group of at least 3. 1 in, 2 out, if they accidentally caught someone it's a bonus

it is totally not as easy to pull off compared to ceptors though

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

I'll miss being able to use BJ ceptors. I don't think a lot of people outside goons really "got" just how good they were until recently so it was a big advantage for us.

That said, they are dumb, they deserved to be nerfed, and the nerf (removing nullification) is a good one. It's a lot better than nerfing BJs directly since it was really only broken on nullified ceptors.

Killing the red dot, adding clone bay swap, other good changes all seem nice. Now, if only they could end this famine BS...

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Solus made this I'm pretty sure but it is just so goddamn good

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Nice.

Edit: the target spectrum lockbreaker is probably best used by marauders and the such. Forcing enemies to spend time retarget you meaning you can tank more, but it might be better used in PVE.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

SugarAddict posted:

Nice.

Edit: the target spectrum lockbreaker is probably best used by marauders and the such. Forcing enemies to spend time retarget you meaning you can tank more, but it might be better used in PVE.

It's not best used by anybody anymore because instead of making a new module they completely replaced TSBs.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
All y'all talkin' 'bout wantin' to do Delta poo poo or the twenty-10-man-fleets stuff, please, join The Irregulators (Delta or Afgoonistan). We would love to have you (especially AUTZ folks!) and being that the enemy's "backline" is literally in Delve/Querious/Period Basis right now there's all kinds of fun harassment poo poo you can do to make them form 100 Muninns at you while you wolololo away to the next constellation over and go poke something else. Then they get tired of chasing you and oh look that JB/Beacon/IHUB/etc got reffed by ten dudes in bombers. Covert hotdrops, gatecamping, trailer trash brawling (Thoraxes and 'Canes), RR HERD DOMIS, kitey cruiser gangs, ESS raiders, WE HAVE IT ALL!

Are you a SC who didn't get to lead a lot of fleets with the hellcamps going on or whatever? Join the Irregulators! You will never get more opportunity or experience in leading fleets. Want to lead a fleet? "Hey guys let's go do <x>" and get some nerds in spacebotes and go do things! There's more poo poo to do than you will have time for, and if you're anything like me you'll have a blast the whole time.

Join The Irregulators today!

<Imaginary awesome Solus recruitment poster goes here>

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 18, 2021

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Stereotype posted:

Solus made this I'm pretty sure but it is just so goddamn good

lmao

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Beach Bum posted:

All y'all talkin' 'bout wantin' to do Delta poo poo or the twenty-10-man-fleets stuff, please, join The Irregulators (Delta or Afgoonistan). We would love to have you (especially AUTZ folks!) and being that the enemy's "backline" is literally in Delve/Querious/Period Basis right now there's all kinds of fun harassment poo poo you can do to make them form 100 Muninns at you while you wolololo away to the next constellation over and go poke something else. The they get tired of chasing you and oh look that JB/Beacon/IHUB/etc got reffed by ten dudes in bombers. Covert hotdrops, gatecamping, trailer trash brawling (Thoraxes and 'Canes), RR HERD DOMIS, kitey cruiser gangs, ESS raiders, WE HAVE IT ALL!

Are you a SC who didn't get to lead a lot of fleets with the hellcamps going on or whatever? Join the Irregulators! You will never get more opportunity or experience in leading fleets. Want to lead a fleet? "Hey guys let's go do <x>" and get some nerds in spacebotes and go do things! There's more poo poo to do than you will have time for, and if you're anything like me you'll have a blast the whole time.

Join The Irregulators today!

<Imaginary awesome Solus recruitment poster goes here>

Can confirm that joining Afgoonistan cured my space depression and made all the cute girls in my class pay attention to me.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Unkillable interceptors have been a problem for a long time, but it seems like CCP only cares when goons use them.

They nerfed them after we went sov-wanding in Providence too. :ccp:

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Going to the grocery store with Slavback last night was a chill relaxed time. It was amazing my dudes

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Hambulance posted:

Unkillable interceptors have been a problem for a long time, but it seems like CCP only cares when goons use them.

They nerfed them after we went sov-wanding in Providence too. :ccp:
Interdiction Nullification was a terrible idea even when it was limited to T3Cs, and giving it to ships capable of a <2s align was just stupid.

It's still hilarious that jamming ceptors only get nerfed when we're using them to punch above our weight. It's not like TEST didn't use them too, they were just way less competent at it. If I'm not misremembering, didn't something similar happened with stealth bombers way back when Mr Vee was basically the only FC in the game who could use bombers effectively?

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 18, 2021

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

We had a rare eutz delta fleet last night. I learned to bubble a bit, we killed 1bil of testies and then died and lost 300 mil. Join Delta Sqad.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Collateral Damage posted:

Interdiction Nullification was a terrible idea even when it was limited to T3Cs, and giving it to ships capable of a <2s align was just stupid.

It's still hilarious that jamming ceptors only get nerfed when we're using them to punch above our weight. It's not like TEST didn't use them too, they were just way less competent at it. If I'm not misremembering, didn't something similar happened with stealth bombers way back when Mr Vee was basically the only FC in the game who could use bombers effectively?

I'm gonna be honest, I see nothing wrong with nullified interceptors. Sometimes you don't have time and you just want to move around without the hassle. They're still catchable, its just much harder to do so. And even when it comes to Globby's burst jamming, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. It only works because of how much dedication and effort he puts into it and not everyone can do it. It was a new, novel tactic and I think its dumb that its being nerfed.

How do you ensure that this game remains n+1 forever? By nerfing every tactic like this that tries to go outside of the n+1 meta. :ccp: can get hosed, and anyone asking for that nerf can get hosed.

Edit: And I say this as someone who doesn't BJ and who has been on the receiving end of it when passpi does it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

remove interdiction nullification from all ships and give it back only to shuttles and yachts

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

there's only 1 way everyone can be happy.

Remove eve :ccp:

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Dalael posted:

tactic like this that tries to go outside of the n+1 meta.

A tactic that is optimized by using multiple alts looks pretty N+1 to me.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

remove interdiction nullification from all ships and give it back only to shuttles and yachts

unironically this

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dalael posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I see nothing wrong with nullified interceptors. Sometimes you don't have time and you just want to move around without the hassle. They're still catchable, its just much harder to do so. And even when it comes to Globby's burst jamming, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. It only works because of how much dedication and effort he puts into it and not everyone can do it. It was a new, novel tactic and I think its dumb that its being nerfed.

How do you ensure that this game remains n+1 forever? By nerfing every tactic like this that tries to go outside of the n+1 meta. :ccp: can get hosed, and anyone asking for that nerf can get hosed.

Edit: And I say this as someone who doesn't BJ and who has been on the receiving end of it when passpi does it.

I kind of agree. CCP talks a big game about how they want the game to be hard and they want to encourage players to gain expertise in how to play. Globby's tactic wasn't just using One Weird Trick and having some obscure knowledge of mechanics. It was something that took skill to do effectively at any kind of scale.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

supersnowman posted:

lol

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

supersnowman posted:

You've got to be making this bad post as a way to troll

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Agreed. Interdiction Nullification is fine on those ships, but not on any ship that can fit a combat role.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I don't know how many ships & classes of ships there are, but most of them are not interdiction nullified. Those that are, are few and fit a niche. It's totally fine to not be able to just drop a bubble and catch everything.

One in a while, you're gonna need to have a warp disrupt instead of a warp scrambler, and you're gonna need to have someone who boosts your scanres instead of add more dps so that you can actually catch someone, and that's totally fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Dalael posted:

I don't know how many ships & classes of ships there are, but most of them are not interdiction nullified. Those that are, are few and fit a niche. It's totally fine to not be able to just drop a bubble and catch everything.

One in a while, you're gonna need to have a warp disrupt instead of a warp scrambler, and you're gonna need to have someone who boosts your scanres instead of add more dps so that you can actually catch someone, and that's totally fine.

All the scanres in the world won't catch a nullified intercepter unless you are using the exploit to manipulate the server tick timing as well.