Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/07/10/gender-reveal-party-car-flames-australia/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCX9fDazjuo

fun starts at 35 second mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm the geniuses that run in front of a car doing a burnout.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
well in this case it was safer to be in front than behind :v:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah bogans gotta bogan :australia:

It's not a proper burnout if there isn't a fire afterwards

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

What does black smoke mean? Antichrist?

We're about due I guess.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

redgubbinz posted:

What does black smoke mean? Antichrist?

We're about due I guess.

No, it’s the opposite of that.

Black smoke means that the cardinals have not selected a new pope.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It means it'll be a boy. WITH 5W40 IN HIS VEINS

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
And here I was hoping for a girl with 0W20...

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I don't know what this newfangled poo poo is, 10W30 was good enough for my father and it's good enough for me.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Data Graham posted:

It means it'll be a boy. WITH 5W40 IN HIS VEINS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg-2Qd7kp9k

:ohdear:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Fahrenheit wrench FTW.
These brake bleeders had their tops twisted off sometime before 1985. The left one had been rooted out into a narrow cone (and almost down into the nipple), the right I drilled out to use an easy-out that would be less likely to break. The secret is several oxy-acetylene heat/quench-the-bleeder cycles before trying the easy-out.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Don't speak to me or my child ever again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
So bathing in Indianapolis milk turns you from a sexy latex woman to a large latex man?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Pending failure? I could have sworn there was an electrical thread somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGLs9-nIOjw

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Queen Combat posted:

Pending failure? I could have sworn there was an electrical thread somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGLs9-nIOjw

Man that battery management box is real close to the positive stud. I'm no expert but I'd want to at least put some insulating sheet on that.

Is this all gear for a house that he's put inside an old gas tank?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Has a whole series, bought a dead bolt battery IIRC and split the pack between a house and a... smart fourtwo? DIY pack which is what that is.

He's an insane person running on minimum knowledge and zero safety, but talks coherently enough and has enough disposable cash to throw around on free time and good cameras that he seems competent at first blush. Prime example? "I hammered out the gas tank in these three spots to clear the battery terminals" yikes yikes yikes

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010

Oh my god. They aired that on national TV before the Indy 500? I've been seeing IOC's av for the longest time and wondering just where the hell that fever dream material came from. Hahaha, just... wow.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Faster Blaster posted:

Oh my god. They aired that on national TV before the Indy 500? I've been seeing IOC's av for the longest time and wondering just where the hell that fever dream material came from. Hahaha, just... wow.

Same, :wtc:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Faster Blaster posted:

:unsmigghh:

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004

"POP!" Goes the diesel!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I woulda gone with Snap Crackle Pop, personally.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Faster Blaster posted:

I was really hoping it was gonna end up being a “got milk” campaign

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Slack3r posted:

"POP!" Goes the diesel!

always makes me think of this gif:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pham Nuwen posted:

always makes me think of this gif:

excellent post / avatar agreement

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://twitter.com/wspd7pio/status/1169358859531472896

secure ur load

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Could be they thought they did secure it. My dad was transporting his project car from Iowa and checked it while stopped. The tires were leaky and deflated enough for the straps to fall off. Luckily the car was stuck in gear and wouldn't roll.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Cojawfee posted:

Could be they thought they did secure it. My dad was transporting his project car from Iowa and checked it while stopped. The tires were leaky and deflated enough for the straps to fall off. Luckily the car was stuck in gear and wouldn't roll.

This is why J-hooks, axle straps, and wheel straps were invented. 4 points of attachment, each over 5000# WLL. Combined, the tie down's WLL must equal 50% of the secured load. Chain binders aren't that expensive. Wheel straps are a valid option, so long as they're connected correctly. I prefer running an axle strap through the wheel if there aren't good points for a tire strap. If I'm using tire straps, I prefer the H-style to the Y-style.

I'm the driver completely missing a car veering across 4 lanes... no reaction at all until just after the impact.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Something something reterospect 20/20. You knew something was going to happen, that guy didn't. He was probably tuned out with tunnel vision listening to the radio.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

um excuse me posted:

Something something reterospect 20/20. You knew something was going to happen, that guy didn't. He was probably tuned out with tunnel vision listening to the radio.

All I hear are excuses. Driver was a loving moron.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So he saw the car and was so dumb to not respond. Seems likely. Believe it or not, some people are still smart enough to breathe on their own.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
nah that's definitely poo poo driving on the camera car

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

nah that's definitely poo poo driving on the camera car

Seriously, he had every opportunity not to hit it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

They didn’t even set the parking brake/put in gear/park. Granted, it might be a roller without either of those things.

Also echoing poor driving by the camera car. That was totally avoidable.

But gently caress that other guy for not tying down properly.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Not saying camcar driver isn’t incompetent, but that does look like a car pool lane, which shouldn’t have cars of any vintage just coming into it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:what:

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

bolind posted:

Not saying camcar driver isn’t incompetent, but that does look like a car pool lane, which shouldn’t have cars of any vintage just coming into it.

Because we all know no one ever crosses solid white lines. Especially not in to car pool lanes.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

wolrah posted:

Because we all know no one ever crosses solid white lines. Especially not in to car pool lanes.

Well most of us expect that.

But not some two to three ton contraption launched out of a moving trailer travelling at 70 MPH.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
if you see anything make 4 lane changes in 4 seconds ACROSS YOUR PATH OF TRAVEL HIT THE BRAKES

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BraveUlysses posted:

if you see anything make 4 lane changes in 4 seconds ACROSS YOUR PATH OF TRAVEL HIT THE BRAKES

I "drive" a Tesla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

BraveUlysses posted:

edit: Not sure how that was double post.