Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Got a type 4, still grinding the derp but the armour is absurd.

Scapegoat fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Since I've pretty much settled on the first two Two questions:
a) Does that seem sortakinda okay, and how hard should I choose the French over the Swedish tree, if at all? I kinda like the prospect of an autoloading tier 6 crew trainer more than the FCM 50t, but I understand the Emil I should be quite a grind
b) Is the Skoda T40 even worth the gold? I mean it's cheap, but it really doesn't look good at all; the primary reason here would really be crew trainer for me

a) I'm grinding both (everything) right now and the Swedes definitely have it easier when it comes to bad tanks.
b) The Skoda T40 is a bit poo poo. It can shine when top tier on a map that isn't just a series of dumbass loving corridors, but MM and Crayon-Chewers Mapping Inc. make drat sure this is a rare occasion. In many regards it's something of a gimped VK30.01P.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Secret Confessions of a Stat Badder - Day Fourteen

I swear this is an anomaly:

What is it about smug arseholes in this game? You almost feel a bit of sympathy for them when they fall for the 'poor widdle me' line.

Except this account of the in game conversation isn't entirely accurate. There was the kick off with the passive aggressive bs about leaving the spawn and then they blamed me for them dying. I pointed out that this was exactly the sort of crap that dead players spew in chat to rationalise their pathetic failure(s). We went on to win (damnit) so :psyduck:

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Snub_the_Rooster/1013822921/ (Not a reroll, nah uh. Also no stat padding going on here).

-/-

Meanwhile in try hard land:

What the gently caress do you have to do to get mastery in one of these tanks? Both of these are only 2nd class. The Tiger II in particular was against tier Xs and is a really hard tank to get right (imho). But that doesn't stop the arsehats:

Aimbot? :psyduck: And if I'm really bad at this game then:

http://www.noobmeter.com/compareplayers/na/all/Negative_Nick/Kill_Me_For_Gold Yeah. How about a whole bussel of 'shut the gently caress up' douche nozzle?

-/-

Recommendations for the AMX 50 100 equipment load out?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I have nine female crew members to assign, three more coming in from the T28HTC missions, and here's my current plan:

Buy a KV-2 - Not sure why I've been putting it off for so long, not gonna put any female crew in it because six seems a little steep
Buy a WT auf PzIV - I have it unlocked and can apply one of my Christmas discounts to it; also not going to put female crew members in it, because I have four loving German premium TDs to check off daily doubles for the same crew
Start up the Czech tree, buy a Skoda T 40 as a crew trainer, put five female crew in, grind to at least the Skoda T50 for now, because I dig autoloaders, and with the crew setup, I'm okay with one girl idling in the T40 after I unlock tier 9 and go to a 4-crew setup

And one of the two:
Start up the Swedish medium tree, buy the tier 6 premium Stridsvagn with the autoloader, dump the other three female crew into it, and get a fourth for the grind up to the Leo
Start up the French Heavy tree, aiming for the AMX 50 120 or so; dump five female crew to sit in the M4 45 (and possibly the FCM 50t as a crew trainer), then continue on with 4 crew members up the autoloader line

Since I've pretty much settled on the first two Two questions:
a) Does that seem sortakinda okay, and how hard should I choose the French over the Swedish tree, if at all? I kinda like the prospect of an autoloading tier 6 crew trainer more than the FCM 50t, but I understand the Emil I should be quite a grind
b) Is the Skoda T40 even worth the gold? I mean it's cheap, but it really doesn't look good at all; the primary reason here would really be crew trainer for me

You should probably just use them for commanders to be honest. 12 is a lot to assign but that's a head start on a lot of different tank lines.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, I mostly use them for instant 6th sense

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cartoon posted:

Secret Confessions of a Stat Badder - Day Fourteen

I swear this is an anomaly:

I hate to say this dude, but...you're failing at failing. Exhibit A:

<40% WR in several tier 10s after hundreds of battles. :psyduck: This, my friend, is a bot [or statbadder.]

But wait, there's more!

36% after several thousand battles!!! I think we were all a little generous in our predictions of how bad the worst shitter bot could be.

Granted, it accomplished this from tons of pref 8 and tier 10 gameplay, meaning it had a greater impact on its games, but still.

It's mind-boggling how Wargaming can continue to let botters ruin thousands of games for its actual players.

Cartoon posted:

What is it about smug arseholes in this game? You almost feel a bit of sympathy for them when they fall for the 'poor widdle me' line.

Except this account of the in game conversation isn't entirely accurate. There was the kick off with the passive aggressive bs about leaving the spawn and then they blamed me for them dying. I pointed out that this was exactly the sort of crap that dead players spew in chat to rationalise their pathetic failure(s). We went on to win (damnit) so :psyduck:

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/Snub_the_Rooster/1013822921/ (Not a reroll, nah uh. Also no stat padding going on here).

Aimbot? :psyduck: And if I'm really bad at this game then:

http://www.noobmeter.com/compareplayers/na/all/Negative_Nick/Kill_Me_For_Gold Yeah. How about a whole bussel of 'shut the gently caress up' douche nozzle?

I find it interesting how the shittiest of the shitters have no idea what a reroll is, and they can't seem to recognize any other shitters let alone themselves.

Cartoon posted:

Recommendations for the AMX 50 100 equipment load out?

Vents, eGLD, VStab IIRC.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Haven't played in a while and the TS stuff in the OP doesn't work.

How do I talk to goons and shoot tanks now?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

spacetoaster posted:

Haven't played in a while and the TS stuff in the OP doesn't work.

How do I talk to goons and shoot tanks now?

https://discord.gg/hNGJP6A

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Had a guy calling me out yesterday when I was grinding the crusader sp since I was accusing him for losing us the game on Malinovka due to him doing an early spot in his T92. Sure he got 3k spotting, but he lost us the game by dying and losing us the spotting game to a 57f who proceeded to spot our entire team, who by the way never left base due to the early spot. This is of course standard.

But the he starts asking whether I have done my service ( yes, 20 years ago, who the gently caress cares) ever changed a tire (yes of course) or road wheel. Like that has any meaning on someone being bad at tanks. Best part was him calling me a snot faced teenager and the after battle conversation when I pointed out that in his most played tank (FCM50t) he had 39% (48% overall).

In other news, tier 10 grand battles kinda rock and they seem to suffer less from snowballing losses due to higher team numbers, tier10 damage and longer ranges.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

How does the Auth work on this?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Azhais posted:

Yeah, I mostly use them for instant 6th sense

Wait, what?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Female crewmembers come with BiA and enough xp to get their 'second' skill free. If they work like the fixed-BiA crew on the Berlin Quintet tanks, the first skill you actually *learn* progresses at the speed of what the first skill would normally advance at, as if it were starting from 100% and zero skills.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Emnity posted:

How does the Auth work on this?

I saw you in the auth channel earlier but didn't recognize your name until now. The weird thing about Discord (that I noticed today) is that it's not letting me assign roles (had a problem with another user earlier) but I had to personally send them an invite first to get it to work. You can try messaging me directly and maybe it'll be easier for me to auth you.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Female crewmembers come with BiA and enough xp to get their 'second' skill free. If they work like the fixed-BiA crew on the Berlin Quintet tanks, the first skill you actually *learn* progresses at the speed of what the first skill would normally advance at, as if it were starting from 100% and zero skills.

Sorry if I'm still a bit dense on this. So people are retraining the sisters in arm perk to sixth sense, and then starting up with whatever normal skill they'd want to train up after that, basically?

And can you pretty much retrain that as often as you want while keeping their bonus characteristics? As in "I'm retraining my female commander to sixth sense, and all others to camo, and then maybe switching back to sisters of steel or whatever once the third skill completes?"

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 30, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Sorry if I'm still a bit dense on this. So people are retraining the sisters in arm perk to sixth sense, and then starting up with whatever normal skill they'd want to train up after that, basically?

Nope, they come with BiA plus a "+" for their second skill. The BiA is static (or rather, I've never bothered to see if it can be trained to something else), and instead of setting the first selected skill to train from 0% (like normal), it's instantly 100%. Hence, female crewmembers start with BiA + 100% in their first skill, hence people saying they're getting "free Sixth Sense." The third skill starts at 0%, but if it works like the Berlin Quintet crews, that third skill trains as if it were the *first* skill, so in practically no time, you've got a three skill character.

Given how valuable Sixth Sense is, it makes the most sense to train the female crewmembers as Commanders, especially on lines you might not be veteran in.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So they get BiA and another free skill that doesn't count towards the cost for progressing skills? That's extremely freaking good.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Some idiot in a type4 heavy finally got me HT-12. He was firing HEAT at my turret :shrug: Really starting to like the Ausf. B again, the only problem is people with gold penetrating the turret.

I can also recommend the current on track event, it's about 100-120 games for a free premium. 250k xp is really not that much, bonus points for getting a lot of grand battles in the Maus.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Nope, they come with BiA plus a "+" for their second skill. The BiA is static (or rather, I've never bothered to see if it can be trained to something else), and instead of setting the first selected skill to train from 0% (like normal), it's instantly 100%. Hence, female crewmembers start with BiA + 100% in their first skill, hence people saying they're getting "free Sixth Sense." The third skill starts at 0%, but if it works like the Berlin Quintet crews, that third skill trains as if it were the *first* skill, so in practically no time, you've got a three skill character.

Given how valuable Sixth Sense is, it makes the most sense to train the female crewmembers as Commanders, especially on lines you might not be veteran in.

Hold on, so female crew members essentially get BiA, one more instant 100% perk, AND THEN the next skill you train is treated like their first skill?

Holy poo poo.

I thought they got BiA and the next skill they start was treated like their first

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hold on, so female crew members essentially get BiA, one more instant 100% perk, AND THEN the next skill you train is treated like their first skill?

Holy poo poo.

I thought they got BiA and the next skill they start was treated like their first

I thought so too, but now I've got a Czech, Swedish, British, Japanese, Chinese, and one other Commander that has BiA + SS + 0% third skill.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I thought so too, but now I've got a Czech, Swedish, British, Japanese, Chinese, and one other Commander that has BiA + SS + 0% third skill.

That's so loving dope that I kinda want a whole crew like that.

Also, I'm currently laughing my rear end off, because I couldn't figure out why I was missing one female crew member to redeem. I had all StugIV campaign missions completed, but only had four female members from it. Then I remembered that I assigned one after finishing my first campaign set, because I thought I had to claim and assign them immediately.

So I apparently assigned her to my Strv fm/21.
Yes, the Swedish tier 1 tank.

I figured I had dismissed them, because I couldn't find them in my barracks. I guess I was just too dumb to select either unassigned crew or sort by nations.

/edit:

Okay, gently caress, apparently I also have a female driver for the tier 1 swedish tank. Now my explanation makes no more sense, because I have one female crew member too many.

/edit 2:
Uh, I apparently have a full female swedish crew trained for the Strv fm/21, soooo I'm assuming everyone got one? Because now I'm just confused as all gently caress.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 30, 2017

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did they seriously release a tier 8 Maus for 120 euros? lmao.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh, I apparently have a full female swedish crew trained for the Strv fm/21, soooo I'm assuming everyone got one? Because now I'm just confused as all gently caress.

Yeah this was last year's Christmas special reward, promoting the Swedish tree in its entirety. I still haven't reassigned them to something else, but the Leo needs a crew right now so maybe they can make that thing a tolerable grind.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mans posted:

Did they seriously release a tier 8 Maus for 120 euros? lmao.

The armor is pretty much worthless because it's not particularly strong against gold ammo or tier 9/10 regular ammo and it also has plenty of weak spots that are actual weak spots. But yeah premium tier 8 Maus to go with their tech tree tier 8 Maus.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i want to ask "who the gently caress wants a t8 maus" but i know exactly the type

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've now seen several tanks get under Mauerbrecher's guns because the frontally-mountet turret gives smaller tanks a bunch of extra blind angle under the Mauerbrecher's depression.
What happens then is especially painful to watch because they don't even need to try to aim for the commander's hatch, they can just go right through the machinegun port, because they're already an inch away from it.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So how do I have 9/10 completions of "On Track to Tier X" but only 7 "Heavy Tank Token" ?
That missions seems to be the only way to earn them and I can't get 10 by the looks of it.... kinda hosed up.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've completed both the Russian and Chinese decoration collections and got some bonus camo slash preset styles or whatever, including inscriptions and "base paint", and I'm too loving dumb to even find that poo poo in the selection. Excellent.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've completed both the Russian and Chinese decoration collections and got some bonus camo slash preset styles or whatever, including inscriptions and "base paint", and I'm too loving dumb to even find that poo poo in the selection. Excellent.

It's only on tier 10 tanks and 8 premiums, just a preset.

Russian is objectively the best

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So the decorations are 100% worthless to someone like me, who is appropriately too worthless to have any tier 10s or premium 8s? :v:

At least the crap boxes also gave me a couple of free small medkits and small repairkits and even a manual fire extinguisher. I can barely contain my excitement and joy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Azhais posted:

It's only on tier 10 tanks and 8 premiums, just a preset.

Russian is objectively the best

Well, thanks for explaining.

:laffo:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, thanks for explaining.

:laffo:

that's a good fuckin paint job

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

:colbert:

e: If you want :laffo:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I downloaded this again for free christmas stuff only to be disappointed in that it's just some crappy decorations which they even expect me to play for.
I'm even still a member of 2PAC somehow. Apart from "log off now and delete it", what advice for someone returning after a year or two?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Just join in the fun and it will all come back to you. Probably. It's mostly the same as far as I can tell.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

that's a good fuckin paint job

I mean, you're not wrong, but :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm drowning in boxed wine now anyway, so y'all have a good night! I'll aask more questions tmorrow!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Did they tweak the map matchmaker in the update at all? Because pre patch I'd have kharkov/stalingrad/paris as every 3rd map and now they're as rare as Prok. Playing on redshire an awful lot at the moment.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

serious gaylord posted:

Did they tweak the map matchmaker in the update at all? Because pre patch I'd have kharkov/stalingrad/paris as every 3rd map and now they're as rare as Prok. Playing on redshire an awful lot at the moment.
If they did, it was to make it more random. This means clumping. I got Malinovka three times in a row.

Secret Confessions of a Stat Badder - Day Fifteen

I'm only reporting honestly:

That loving Luchs:

Try as I might I keep winning in it. Look at that team of shitters. I managed to lose it for them :smugo:

Was hoping it was going to show my recent return to abysmal form but looks like I gotta keep plugging away at it.

-/-

Meanwhile in try hard land:

According to minmine12 I'm 'A bad player who should uninstall that lost the match for us'. What the gently caress is wrong with these people? I'm mainly dirty because I was 49 HP off a mission.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
wot has a benchmark? id like to try it but only if it doesn't require me to install the game

also how did the last clan wars event go was it terrible? of course it was but i mean like.. how terrible? compared to past ones, did any of you go for a tank

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Turmoilx posted:

wot has a benchmark? id like to try it but only if it doesn't require me to install the game

It's completely independent of the game: http://wotencore.net/