Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

more like a buffoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Beach Bum posted:

Horn players are definitely kinda in the middle, all snooty and dignified like an oboe or something. However, they do produce absolutely wonderful and beautiful sounds across a ridiculous range in the hands of an expert player. Horn concertos are probably my favorite, followed closely by small brass groups.

Flautists can hang out with low brass too, flutes require a loving shitton of air compared to most reeds.

If it’s a bass flute it won’t even feel like a compromise. Those things have low brass swagger to the hilt.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

esto es malo posted:

more like a buffoon

that implies i ever stopped

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Eat my whole brass

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Euphonium or :getout:, low brass for life . RIP our music selection though

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I 'boned. I loved the feeling of sliding my hand down a long, rigid 'bone.

Trombone players united 420 69 666.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Mederlock posted:

Euphonium or :getout:, low brass for life . RIP our music selection though

The Euphonium Assassin

http://constructionlitmag.com/additions/perspectives/euphonium-assassin/

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
https://imgur.com/gallery/hqqJ2up

Edit: Can we pretend that displayed correctly? :v:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

The Hambulance posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/hqqJ2up

Edit: Can we pretend that displayed correctly? :v:

For some reason that plays better for you being unable to link it appropriately.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Just a quick reminder that when you see an AcidF ping, you really ought to join.

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Later that day I was broke again as I had immediately spent it all on skill injectors and Vexors

It's true, though. There are goons who have lots of money and little time, and some of them wouldn't mind sponsoring ambitious newbees. That could be their F2.

This is, infact, my F2. I hope you enjoy all of the Vexors I've been giving you. I'm still following your killboard

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I really need to start playing more. Past couple weeks I've been going through a funk and have only logged in to claim the daily login stuff.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

even with gleam loaded you would've been hosed, beams don't track for poo poo

why is it hard to aim a beam of light, wtf

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Cease to Hope posted:

If I can't get my kids to not pee all over the floor at 0 meters, there's no chance anyone can aim light.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
One-time Tenor sax player checking in.

We get to harmonize with the baritones and hold the line against the altos. Not even gonna mention the soprano sax. That thing contains too much smooth jazz to have any kind of pedigree.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

*looks at the last bunch of posts*

*looks at thread title*

Am I in a coma?

I shall participate.
These guys really know how to have sax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglcDEWowk8

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Dalael posted:

Just a quick reminder that when you see an AcidF ping, you really ought to join.

I joined! I had fun!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Captain Melo posted:

This is, infact, my F2. I hope you enjoy all of the Vexors I've been giving you. I'm still following your killboard

Ah, did you see my elite solo pvp kill today

Floppychop posted:

I really need to start playing more. Past couple weeks I've been going through a funk and have only logged in to claim the daily login stuff.

Find a good bunch to hang out with, Delta, Afgoonistan, whatever

Turn that frown upside down, as you clown [on papi]

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

All my burnout induced funk got me was purged from Delta and a surprising amount of Ishkur hangar trash.

Is there a good Wyvern skin?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hey globby you got a shout-out on the Meta Show

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
a gold star :shobon:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Globby has more influence on EVE than the CSM and I find that hillarious

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Find a good bunch to hang out with, Delta, Afgoonistan, whatever

Turn that frown upside down, as you clown [on papi]

tbh, Delta sounds like totally my jam. What they do reminds me of welp fleets and pissing off Russians back in the Deklein days.

But yeah, my funk isn't EVE related, it's medical and mental health bullshit, sadly.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Rudeboy Detective posted:

All my burnout induced funk got me was purged from Delta and a surprising amount of Ishkur hangar trash.

Is there a good Wyvern skin?

I'm a fan of the Headhunter or Eros Blosson. The former can be found for a mere 2B, the latter is not available at any price.

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy
It's pretty cool right now in game. You can do whatever you want (within reason) and still be contributing. I've been doing training, sitting on the game camp, or ratting groups. Constant pvp.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

"long-range" in EVE means "can't track for poo poo"

ironically beams still have the best tracking from the long-range weapons, rails and arty are both far worse :lol:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

laser tracking isn't about the speed of the laser but the rotation speed of the turret that makes the laser, since it can only fire in one direction and has to be pointed at thing

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Good lord, I knew Incursions were good isk but I never thought they were that good. Krabswarm is padding my wallet nicely; might be able to replace and/or upsize my super to a titan if I keep this up.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Collateral Damage posted:

Agreed. Interdiction Nullification is fine on those ships, but not on any ship that can fit a combat role.

I didn't mind it on T3's provided it really gimped their combat capabilities.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

laser tracking isn't about the speed of the laser but the rotation speed of the turret that makes the laser, since it can only fire in one direction and has to be pointed at thing

And in the case of beams it's sloooooow.

Actually it's slow in the case of pulses too.

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
I’m a dumb idiot who doesn’t know how to play this game but I used to be in Goonwaffe and have applied to rejoin so I can join the nonsense. Anybody have any experience with how long it might take to get a reply from the newbies@goonfleet.com email?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Zaradis posted:

I’m a dumb idiot who doesn’t know how to play this game but I used to be in Goonwaffe and have applied to rejoin so I can join the nonsense. Anybody have any experience with how long it might take to get a reply from the newbies@goonfleet.com email?

You posted in one thread for a while 5 years ago and then hosed off of sa entirely. Go forth and browse the forums, there is enough there to keep you entertained until whoever mans the newbies email box gets around to checking it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3946255

Here’s a random thread from my follows.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Anias posted:

Here’s a random thread from my follows.
I like this idea. Zaradis, here's a fun thread, maybe you'd like reading and posting about ancient history stuff? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486446&pagenumber=1047#lastpost

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Reporting all of you for derailing

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Bob Socko posted:

I like this idea. Zaradis, here's a fun thread, maybe you'd like reading and posting about ancient history stuff? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486446&pagenumber=1047#lastpost

Thanks. Good thread.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

ignore these nerds and post about communism in cspam

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

WorkerThread posted:

ignore these nerds and post about communism in cspam

They’ll hate me there.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

cspam hate everyone, especially themselves.

:justpost:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Cspam is a weird place, like fyad or byob. I just don't get it but that's cool I don't have to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
eve. eve is a weird place